Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 421889 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #14040 on: October 14, 2021, 10:40:00 PM »

Lilbro - I almost wish I were on fb to see what you post! :)
Pink - Our mornings are in the mid 40's right now, but the day warms up real nice. We had a high of about 74 today.  I actually wish we would get some much needed RAIN!  Wasn't today Kenzie's birthday?  The other day some of us were too early.
Oldguy - Its terrible and heart wrenching when you have to help settle an estate.  I did that for my Dad when he passed in Nov. 2018.  It was one the hardest and worst things I ever went through. My thoughts & prayers are with you.
Tsk - Have a nice stay in Door County!  Which brother owns the beautiful Porche? 
Kb - Time to bundle up during those walks!  So sad about Gladys the owl  :'(
Tig - So very happy that Camper got his 1st Shingles shot.  He truly made a smart decision in protecting himself. Wish we would have known how very bad shingles can affect a person. Not everyone gets such a bad case, but my hubby got an exceptionally terrible case. Right on Camper!!! Very good!!!
Tsk - Even though your Shingles shot laid you low for a day, you are definitely all the better for it. Good for you! :) High 5!!
Baz - Cute pics of your littlest gnephew! Darling pics of your gniece too!!
Clynn, Lani, Lori, LisaG, Lilbro, Jas, Karen, Phyl, T40, BL, Jilltosa, Emy, Ginger  :)

All have a good evening!  :)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #14041 on: October 14, 2021, 10:44:29 PM »

LilBro, you got a lot of snow.  One of my nephews is in the Kalispell/Whitefish area and they got lots, too.  Glad Penny loved the snow - I can't wait to see the pics.

Lani, LOL on Milo staring at the fireplace.  So you turned it on!   ;D  Etta stared at a closet door for eons when a mouse got in her house and ran under the door in a closet.  My sister got it out.  Lots of excitement for Etta!

T40, LOL on McCartney wasn't there.

Clynn, cute pics yesterday of Bella.  I hope she's on the mend.

Pink, the pink ribbon tat.  I don't have any, but have thought about it before...  I think I've decided if I hadn't by now, I probably won't.

((Oldguy)), I know it was a relief to finally get some papers to help you get a start on things.  I've been through that, but things are different in different states.  It takes a lot of time to get through all the steps, but things will fall in line.  How is your other sister feeling? Your deck steps project sounds like it was a bear. Hugs.  Take care of you.

Tsk, have you already been to see the new house?  Or is that this weekend?  I've lost track...

E4E, for sure your hubby and Tsk's would have a lot to talk about!  How many days till retirement?

Lisa, I hope you didn't look at any cargo ships when you crossed the bridge.  ;)  I think the big pharmacies, like CVS and Walgreens are giving the boosters, so maybe you can make an appointment with one of them sincethey didn't have it where you tried.

Lori, I was still thinking about your hot apple fritters today!  :)  Did you get to see the dentist about your tooth yet?  I hope you can get that fixed up soon, if not already.

I was very sad to learn about Gladys, the Eurasian Eagle Owl being found dead.   :'(

I can't wait to see how my computer keeps working.  I am not sure what the issue is - hate it when things are "intermittent."  ::) :P  It's late, so I need to skedaddle.  My computer is acting up again.   ???   Can't wait to see if this posts!  ;)

G'night Beakers.  Peace and Comfort.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:46:05 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #14042 on: October 14, 2021, 11:32:24 PM »

KB, you dodged a bullet with NO snow.  49 sounds wonderful to me.  The wind not so much.  Still humid here.
Karate school seems to be popular with eagle Moms. ;D ;D.  DM has a black belt and it sounds like Harriet is well on her way to getting one.

LOL Jaspurr!  ;D ;D ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #14043 on: October 14, 2021, 11:50:51 PM »

Are you using DuckDuckGo on your cell phone and tablet?

DDG respects your privacy and blocks all Google tracking. I use it on my cell phone and my Samsung Tab A. Google products are still installed, but I don't search on Google using these devices. I use MS Edge on my home computer. We use Chrome on our work network. For some reason parts of the GM Service Information web site don't work well on Edge.

Here is a link to download:
https://getduckduckgo.com/

Peep, yes, I do and for the reasons you posted.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

• Jersey Highlands
« Reply #14044 on: October 14, 2021, 11:59:57 PM »

LB

Lani

« Reply #14045 on: October 15, 2021, 12:52:05 AM »

Jaspurr, to date Tiaki has traveled 1035 miles. I did a close up look on the miles she traveled and noticed she stopped to visit on a very small island. I did a close up of what's ahead of her and there are a couple small islands that she could stop at, it will be interesting to see if she goes east to South America or north to Hawaii. And on the top of the world, we have Otis spending a few hours at Brooks Falls, I love it that he's there later and longer than other bears, probably making up for missing for first three weeks. It's a joy being able to watch him, he just a sweet ole bear! I've been looking for young mom 906 and her cub, I haven't seen them recently. I looked for info on them in the chat roll, but haven't seen anything. I'm tempted to ask. But, I've never posted on their chat.

The albatross is a very social bird, and this video highlights it.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1448628451506753541

Hi Eagles, Puff, Tig, BL  :)

Baz, your gn is adorable! I want to reach out and tickle his tummy... I pray all goes well with Lil Punkin's checkup. She looks wonderful and always has a big smile.... Milo is on mouse watch right now. His brother Norman is sound asleep in his basket. I hope your computer settles down.

T40, wherever our Diva is, I pray she's been a very well, full crop and had many healthy eaglets through the seasons.  Sue and Benny are great photographers!

Peep, great costumes and I'll have a couple of the deviled spider eggs!  ;D

Pink, great screenshots of The Norths! Enjoy your Friday!  ;D  .. I just read Jaspurr post to you, and they feel it was an intruder. I hope it moves on, I don't want any battles for the nest.

Kb, that is so sad about Gladys  :'(

Lilbro, Clynn shares your fun facebook pics here!

Lisa, Phyl says its a quokka. Adorable little guy or gal  ;D

Clynn, I didn't wear the bell bottoms or knitted vests. I loved mini skirts, hot pants, short A line dresses.... awww the Cheetah mama and her babies  :-* ... very sad pic of the buck, happy he was helped .... beautiful pic of the Trio....

Tsk, I meant to come back and write my am post. The day got ahead of me... you and Tim have a safe trip to DC and Green Bay and have a great visit with your family.  ;D

Karen, yep, our mouser Milo woke us up at 4 battling a little mouse in the utility room, I went running to help and little thing ran over my bare feet and under the washer.
Sadie crawled up to Mike and curled up on his pillow. LOL! I've called our pest control guy to come and check out the fireplace. I left the utility room door opened slightly to the garage. Talons crossed the little mite ran into the garage.

Phyl, thank you for letting me know my adorable critter is a quokka. I didn't know. Love the peanut truck

Good night!

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers Family, and Friends, Peace be with you tonight and always,

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Oldguy, Karen, Lindy, Lori, Baz, ssrl, Firetruck, Jilltosa, Pink, Jaspurr, Tsk, Eagles4, Lisa, Maxie, Masswatch, Clynn, RubyRed246, Ezee, Blschue, DeborahG, Paulie, MpMom and Pete, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Keystone, WW JW, Tig, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, TX_Ninja, eburg, Cwellsla, Indy, Nanimal, Julie, Paulie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Marrymo, Puff, Smb, Naimoj, Teamcarnes, Weasel, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Wilson, Tulsaducati, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, Smb, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Oldguy and family, Karen, Eagle's Kris and son, Lisa's family, Peep's friend's family, Pink's Cowen and Kenzie, Lori's grandma Helen, Tsk's BIL, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Baz great niece,  Tsk's friend, Tig and Camper, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Mrs. Oldguy, Pink's Morgan, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Kris, Blschue and Bill, Lori and family, Phyl and Jim, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For our service dogs in Afghanistan, Maggie, For Little One and all those like her, Iris, Jojo, Eagles's Star, Tiaki, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom, Dewey, GSB Michelle, Juliet and Romeo, Black Bear Ted, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

T40cfr403

« Reply #14046 on: October 15, 2021, 02:02:07 AM »

:-*
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LisaG1967

« Reply #14047 on: October 15, 2021, 04:49:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

baz - Great pics of baby boy and Punkin.  Love her lil curl on her head.  Hubby got his booster at CVS, so I guess I will go there too. 

E4E - Sounds like you are having some great temps too!

Lani - Thanks for letting me know about the name of the lil animal.

tsk - Hope you are having a good time in DC.

jaspurr

« Reply #14048 on: October 15, 2021, 04:56:42 AM »

Good morning Lisa,  I hope Pepe didn't wake you up again.

LisaG1967

« Reply #14049 on: October 15, 2021, 05:43:42 AM »

Good morning Lisa,  I hope Pepe didn't wake you up again.

Morning!

;D not Pepe' this morning.  I am up before every morning a lil before 5, as I get hubby's lunch ready and him out the door for work.

lindawyos little brother

• I Am Eagle , The Skies Are Mine
« Reply #14050 on: October 15, 2021, 06:18:26 AM »

LB

Devils Tower didn't get much BL. In fact I90 was never closed from Moorcroft to the SoDak line.  Some parts of Campbell County got 20".

Morning folks!!

kbshcb

« Reply #14051 on: October 15, 2021, 06:29:18 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1447974467653734400
When marine biologist Roger Hanlon caught this creature on camera, he said he screamed bloody murder. And no wonder. A superb visualization of how chromatophores allow an octopus to blend in with the backdrops [source, read more: https://buff.ly/30m3fL9]

lilbro - am trying to orient myself after watching that storm....sounds like a sharp cutoff of snow just to your east?..am I right?....
When will it melt now?....still get warmer temps for that to happen or is it there to stay?

Morning all....a painting day for me.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #14052 on: October 15, 2021, 06:55:37 AM »

Morning eagle buddies!  :)

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #14053 on: October 15, 2021, 08:06:19 AM »

Happy Friday Beakers

I have to work this whole weekend,  but its good!
It's chilly and Grey this morning,  will get sunny later.. Will be 63.. We will try to ride Saturday for our Fall foliage ride after I get off at 2.. we will see..

TSK Yes, I always hope it's the last mow..lol
BAZI CUTE pics of lil and tiny punkins, he is getting big and a sweetheart! She is finally getting some sweet hair, awww :) Sounds like her appt went well!
E4E Our weather sounds the same right now.. Yes It was Kenzie's birthday yesterday,  Mom stayed home and they went out to her fave restaurant and they celebrated,
the four of them  :) Her before pic is below posted from My Meg  :)
TIG GLAD for Camp :)
LANI Tiaki is really traveling! Sweet girl  :)  Oooh you lit your fireplace,  how cozy  :) Yes, I am still not very familiar  with the Norths looks, so wasn't aure..Intruder was beautiful.. loved the Cat last night..
LISA No Pepe' yay!!
T40 Aww
KB Ah Painting daunting! Hope all goes well :)

How 6 years have already gone by still surprises me
You are crazy, kind, creative, loving, high energied, intelligent, bossy, spirited, loud, and my favorite little girl ❤❤ Everything about you is unique and I wouldn't change a thing! Mommy, Daddy, and Bubs love you soo much sweet girl 😘 I cant wait to see what age 6 brings to you in this world! 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 08:08:09 AM by PinkEagle »
🦅🇺🇸💓

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #14054 on: October 15, 2021, 08:36:57 AM »

Jim finished the front porch rails yesterday after work.  Rainshowers in forecast today.
Have some boxwood on order to replace the shrubs we lost around ft. porch. Replacements  will be special .
Appointment w/cardiologist is on the 26th so we'll see what data the monitor has recorded.

BL really nice pic of Devil's Tower, WY
Lisa no Pepe  :)
Eagles hope Kris is doing better these days
Baz yeah your PC is back!  luv  pics of the grand niece/nephew. He's gonna be a cute fella. Lil Punkin is aways so cheerful and smiling. Nice curl on top.  Congrats on her progress so far hoping this continues and her apt went well
KB good luck w/painting; interesting how Nature can do things like that. Sure be a shock.
Pink maybe this will be your last lawn mow; last year Jim mowed up into December just before Christmas
Lani luved kitty silhouette last night; fireplaces are so nice making things comfy and toasty on chilly nights
Tig that was a nice opportunity for Camper
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale