Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 421980 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #13935 on: October 13, 2021, 11:46:21 AM »

karen - Hope you and TA are enjoying your apple fritters. 

clynn - I hope Bella gets better soon!   ;D  never thought about it like that before with those jeans, but looks exactly like a bear attack!

kbshcb

« Reply #13936 on: October 13, 2021, 11:49:05 AM »

I love it when there is enough sun shining through the cloud layers that I can see one layer of clouds heading swiftly in one direction and another layer higher up heading in the total opposite direction...
Wild winds here, not so much water/rain......Leaves flying around in circles like mini-tornadoes on the ground.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #13937 on: October 13, 2021, 11:57:21 AM »

jaspurr, was Otis the one that caught the fish?  I think not, but not sure.  That looked like a pretty easy catch! And then the third bear
came along...  ;D

karen, I have not heard of rubbing medicine in the cat's ear, that would be great as most cats love to have their ears rubbed! At least
mine do!  Bella just has a cold, and allergies...sometimes can't tell the difference! Erin sent me a picture, look at those Barbies and their wild
hair! They have been speeding around the house!

Lisa, we get used to people being in here and when they aren't we start the worry! I wondered where you were this morning!

MN DNR - This is an intruder in Nancy's pond! 😮 It was quite a visit to the nest. Nancy knocks it in the pond and it swam to the shore.
I have lots of pics to share yet, working on them.  Bonnie Johnson
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

T40cfr403

« Reply #13938 on: October 13, 2021, 12:08:36 PM »

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

kbshcb

« Reply #13939 on: October 13, 2021, 12:46:23 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1448227673952686082

Wow!...love it....Ft. Meyers FL

Clynn - oh my it's so windy today...I'll have to go find where you are seeing these pics from now.

Found the on Friends...thanks.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 12:48:37 PM by kbshcb »

karengramke

« Reply #13940 on: October 13, 2021, 12:57:01 PM »

Bella is getting some long legs!  Like the two toned socks! Good capture of the intruder!   Beautiful eagle.

jaspurr

« Reply #13941 on: October 13, 2021, 01:01:03 PM »

CLYNN, Otis is the old guy trudging across the stream.  The little guy in the background and the bear catching the fish have too much energy to be Otis.  Lani/Lori weigh in here.  Am I right?  This may be his last year at the river.   :'( :'(. I hope I am wrong.

Bella is so photogenic, even when she is sick.  I hope she feels better soon.  My mother used to put panty hose covered with Vic's around my neck. 

TSK, are you getting any rain.

LISA, I just went to the store and the humidity is oppressive.  According to Ryan, were are going to be dry this week and most of next week.  I want to go sit on KB's porch.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #13942 on: October 13, 2021, 01:09:21 PM »

KB  What a sunrise  8) 8)

CLYNN  Erin - such a considerate son but so true not to pass along a cold.  Yes, the pictures.  You have friends waiting to get their Wednesday dose of Bella  LOL  ;)  It is getting darker by the minute.  Lucy and I were out for about 45 minutes and she was loving laying in the sun by her "rocks".  Then suddenly no sun and she got up and said let's go in  LOL   " MacGyvered her way..."   LOL re bra invention.   You know you're old when you just don't get the torn jeans fashion trend  LOL     Bad hair days for the Barbies  LOL   No one messes with Nancy at MNDNR  :o :o

LISA  Watched the launch on my phone as I was away and otherwise tied up.  Will need to catch the news later.

JASPURR  He is one big lumbering bear that Otis.   So far dark but no rain yet at 1:09

KAREN   I don't know anyone who has one of those automatic scooping litter boxes.  I'm the automatic scooper in this house  LOL

T40   :)
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #13943 on: October 13, 2021, 01:27:03 PM »

kb - I was wondering if you were getting the wild winds that Decorah is getting.  I am watching the cams, and had to turn down my speakers the wind is so loud!

clynn - Aww, you missed me  :-*  Shhh, don't tell Bella, but I use to cut my Barbie's hair.  I wanted to be a hairstylist when I was her age. Ohh, great pic from MN DNR!

T40 - I know that tune, but can't place the name of the song for the life of me!

jaspurr - Take me with you, and we will stop in Decorah on the way  ;)  ;D

tsk - I didn't get to see it either, as Jeff was watching from his phone too, while he was walking around the house. 

Look who showed up in the bluffs around 12:21pm, and is still perched there!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #13944 on: October 13, 2021, 01:49:56 PM »

Brook Falls Brown Bear cam info

The markers show denning areas with distance rings at 10, 20, 30 miles.
Black markers are likely den areas for Brooks Bears from Mike https://blog.explore.org/br...
Red markers are from the Will Troyer Studies showing den areas used by Katmai bears.

Link to map
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/361f172bd7f62562226a1c2959324e20b511acab10ec72455fb1af2842fd7637.png

Good day Beakers!
Hi Phyl, Lori, Tig, Kb, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Tsk, Clynn, Jaspurr, Karen and TA, T40, Lisa, Baz, Jilltosa, and All!

Lisa, great pics of the Decorahs!  ;D

T40, beautiful

Karen, I wonder what attracts mice to dial soap  :-\

Jaspurr, awesome video of big ole sweetie Otis, I'm going to keep positive thoughts that we will see him next June.

Tsk, this cold snap has caught everyone off guard, including God's little critters! EEK!

Lori, thanks for posting for Oldguy... Thanks for the apple fritters, love the pumpkins!  I pray your visit with the dentist goes well.

Lilbro! WOW! Take care on your travels for work. Our temps was in the mid 20's this morning. Very surprised it got below 30!

Kb, yes, good luck to Mr Shatner! And great flight for beautiful little white squirrel!

Clynn, Erin is a great dad and son.... I pray Bella is feeling better soon.. Just saw Erin's pic of Bella and the poor Barbies going through a bad hair day ;D! Even though she's sick, she's as cute as ever  :-* .... Nancy and Harry looking good!  awww mama Lynx and kids!   Milo chasing a mouse under our bed, around the nightstand, under cabinets, chairs, in our bathroom and then the closet, back under the bed, woke Sadie and me up at 4 too! Mike's in Gila Bend and missed out on the chase.   :o Norman and Sadie ran into the hall and watched from there, as I was on the bed, squealing  :o. Mouse caught by me around 8 and had a zoom meeting at 9.  :-\

{{{Hugs Phyl and Maggie}}} I hope the vet will give you the needed answers.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #13945 on: October 13, 2021, 02:06:16 PM »

LISA  So good to see our pair at the bluffs  ;D

TIG  Did you ever get the PM I sent you on SundayMonday? about 007?  Didn't want to mention here in case others planned to see the movie.

LANI  Didn't realize the bears denned so far away  :o   I can't help but laugh at your description of Milo the mouser letting Mom finalize the chase.  LOL  How did you trap it finally?
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #13946 on: October 13, 2021, 02:25:11 PM »

Lani, soap contains animal fat and hence rats and mice will eat it
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 03:07:22 PM by karengramke »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #13947 on: October 13, 2021, 03:01:38 PM »

TSK - I replied now.

Preoccupied. Thank goodness I read our open enrollment materials we received in the mail today. Camper can now get free health club, but my health plan changed options and my Y has not gone with that program. I'll need to confirm that with the Y and then start looking for a new health club.  >:(
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #13948 on: October 13, 2021, 03:41:19 PM »

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/eurasian-eagle-owl-escapes-minnesota-zoo-apple-valley/89-3071cc54-ed08-441b-ae10-cb3adc6ca845

Awe, Gladys has been missing since Oct. 1.....keep your eyes out Minnesotans!...video trainer states she can survive in the wild and in our winters......hmmm....still would be good to spot her...an Eurasian Owl...

LisaG1967

« Reply #13949 on: October 13, 2021, 04:01:34 PM »

Lani - You are a rockstar.....Mouse caught by me around 8 and had a zoom meeting at 9.!!!  ;D :-*

tsk - It's been a great eagle afternoon watching our pair in the bluffs!  They both look good. 

tig - That stinks if you have to find a new club.

kb - Aww, I hope someone spots Gladys.

Have a good night everyone.