Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 363529 times)

BrokenLug

• Jersey Highlands
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #13140 on: September 26, 2021, 01:11:22 PM »

LORI anyone,  I wonder if we will be able to get any of the tracking info on Tiaki?  I would be interested in knowing where she goes.  Such a beautiful bird.

I found a different tacking map for Tiaki and LGK.
Apparently LGL's gps device has failed.

Devices are extremely light compared to the weight of the bird and attached to back feathers. These feathers molt within a year and the device will fall off.
The device is solar powered and will remotely send data until molting.

The link to the tracking map was on the YouTube video that Lani posted about Tiaki being fitted with a GPS tracking device on 09/09/21.

Click on the "SHOW MORE" button below the UTube video.

Also read the Pinned post from Lady Hawk > Read More.
Some good Albatross info there.  8)

Here's the link to Tiaki's tracking map:
https://my.wildlifecomputers.com/data/map/?id=6008d9ba31af59139976bcfe
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 01:30:57 PM by BrokenLug »

jaspurr

« Reply #13141 on: September 26, 2021, 01:51:00 PM »

KAREN, I am glad you are going to the doctor tomorrow, he/she can check out your suture and make sure everything is OK.  I started drinking coffee after graduating from college at age 21.  In college I was addicted to Coca Cola.   LOL, no I am not going to tell you how long I have been drinking coffee. :D

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #13142 on: September 26, 2021, 02:12:03 PM »

Happy Heavenly Birthday to JPALM.  I think of him very often, especially when I am in the Puzzles or Jewelies' thread.  He was a daily poster in both those threads for years, and I was a regular in both threads for a while, too.  I still visit both those threads on occasion to catch up.  I wish JP was still posting.  He was 1 year younger than my father, who also served in the Navy (during WWII only).  My father would've turned 99 yesterday.  I miss him so much.  :-*

Clynn, the pictures I posted of me were a while ago.  I also remember another pic I posted a ways back now... from the weekend my niece (mother now to my littlest greatniece) and her husband got married.  It was my 2 sisters and me, posted a few years back, but the pic was taken 8 years ago, without beach hair, and less gray. LOLOL!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:27:00 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #13143 on: September 26, 2021, 02:59:45 PM »

Thanks Jaspurr!   My incision  is fine.  Going to have them look at all the meds I am on!   This is not my first rodeo here, first stents tho and I do appreciate your concern.
Ta is enjoying a lovely pre Fall day on the screen porch!   Days have been super nice but there is a 90 degree day in the near future.  Not turninh the ac off yet!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #13144 on: September 26, 2021, 03:03:16 PM »

bounce, burp

The book was so/so IMHO. Some liked it.
The food was a brunch buffet: I had prime rib, omelet, yogurt parfait, bloody mary, sausage, sm. amt. potatoes, charred brussels, brownie.

Sorry KB... I did not see your invite until back home.  :(   Another time.

Finished watching church. Now for Vikes, golf, NASCAR, etc.! Received a complimentary bottle of buffalo sauce with my last pickup order. Got some frozen chicken tenders to try and grabbed some cole slaw from Popeyes on way home. Later. Too full now!

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #13145 on: September 26, 2021, 03:28:16 PM »

karen, you are probably right about willi and that picture of the hoard of turkey vultures! I need to contact Jerry and see how he is doing...
Glad that you are seeing the doctor tomorrow, there needs to be something to help your breathing...

Lani, I am glad you are getting rain, it keeps those fires away.  I agree with you, the volcano in the Canary Islands is scary! It's way too close
to people and houses, they are evacuating the town of La Palma now. https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210924-firefighters-retreat-as-volcanic-explosions-intensify-in-canary-islands

Lisa, I am just picturing Jeff going nuts trying to block every place the skunk can get in! Kind of a cartoon!  ;D ;D

jaspurr, I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 20! My Mom & Dad both drink/drank coffee black, I never could do that though. They could also
drink it all day long, I just want it first thing in the morning, maybe a special latte from Starbucks later in the day.

baz, now that you show that picture, I do remember it, because of the red dress!

BL, thanks for the link to Tiaki's tracking!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 04:39:28 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #13146 on: September 26, 2021, 03:50:27 PM »

Baz, like that red dress!   Great family resemblance.   You must be the youngest!
Good news on the Ryder cup!
Lisa, did you tell you next door neighbors to keep that kitty inside? 
Wow Tig, that is some diet breakfast!  I would like some red beans and rice from Popeyes!  So good.   What does Camper eat when you are out?  Maybe he goes out too,
Shall dig around in the freezer and see what I can find to eat!

LisaG1967

« Reply #13147 on: September 26, 2021, 04:41:25 PM »

karen - Yes, I did.  :)  They leave it outside in the 90 degrees heat too.  I have given the poor thing food and water a few times, when I have seen it out there all day. 
Mmm, would love to have some red beans and rice and Popeye's fried chicken too!

clynn - It is very comical.  I wish there was still some light last night, so I could have taken a video of Jeff in one corner of the yard and the skunk coming out from the other side, and him running to get inside. 

tig - That brunch sounded delish! 

baz - Such a nice pic of you and your sisters.   :-*

BL - Thanks for the info!

jaspurr - Puffed Apple pancakes sound yummy!

Have a good night everyone.....off to read.

PeepSpy

« Reply #13148 on: September 26, 2021, 05:08:01 PM »

Good afternoon! Have a busy week coming up with a couple different types of appointments - my Karmanos checkup is tomorrow.  ;) :)  Hope we don't  get any unscheduled OT!  ::)

Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

jaspurr

« Reply #13149 on: September 26, 2021, 05:38:13 PM »

BL, thank you for the tracking information.  Tiaki is staying close to shore which makes sense.

Yesterday, while searching google I found this information on Bio Geo Planet.

In Summary, Some Cool Facts About the Albatross

can spend 6 years or more at sea without touching land
only birds capable of flying thousands of miles without expending energy
parents can fly more than 10,000 miles to deliver one meal to the chick
travel farther than any other wild creature on the planet
soar for several hours without flapping their wings
capable of flying faster than 80 mph (127 km/h) for more than 8 hours
able to fly while half-asleep
have special salt-excreting glands that allow them to drink saltwater and a highly-developed sense of smell for tracking down prey
they cannot dive deep or swim underwater like penguins and some other sea birds. They pluck fish and squid that swim near the surface of the water.

Sobering Facts About Albatrosses

Of the 21 albatross species, 19 are threatened or endangered
The Chatham albatross is critically endangered, with only about 11,000 birds remaining
In some places the number of albatrosses has declined by half in the past 20 years
Biologists regard them as the world’s most threatened family of birds

Good night everyone

PeepSpy

« Reply #13150 on: September 26, 2021, 05:40:25 PM »

Another chatter wished Pokie a happy birthday this way! 😊

Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #13151 on: September 26, 2021, 05:40:50 PM »

Lani & tsk sending you email.  ;D
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

PeepSpy

« Reply #13152 on: September 26, 2021, 05:47:59 PM »

Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #13153 on: September 26, 2021, 06:07:04 PM »

Peeps, I couldn't resist.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3xgcmIS3YU  Oh that takes me back to my youth!  1965.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #13154 on: September 26, 2021, 06:10:14 PM »

BL   Thanks for tracking data.

BAZI   Yikes  I don't remember that photo.  Your hair was pretty in that photo -but I like your curly thick salt and pepper  ;D

TIG  Thanks for the "so/so"   That was a LOT of food - don't weigh tomorrow  LOL
Chicagoland