Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 363523 times)

jaspurr

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #13125 on: September 26, 2021, 09:40:20 AM »

Good morning everyone,
CLYNN,  Good words of wisdom to live by.  LOL, black vulture video. Looks like something from a Halloween horror movie.  Imagine the to power wash the roof.  I watched Samson working on the nest yesterday while Gabby was sitting on a close branch.  Every once in a while Samson would fly to the branch and they would have  the cutest exchange of looks and sounds.  These two have a very strong bond judging from your pictures of the two sleeping next to each other.  Thank you for introducing me to this nest.
LISA, darn, I was hopping the vulture was after a dead skunk that had finally bit the dust from your moth balls.
KAREN, I am sorry about your medical procedure.  I have had two catheters placed in my groin for heart condition and it is not fun.  Took a couple of weeks for discomfort to completely to away.  I had the swelling and bruising but if your incision is not improving you should have it checked out.
LORI, thank you for the link to the tracking app.
LANI, one hundred years ago I was able to put my legs up to my chest like that adorable cat.
TSK, glad you are home safe and had a good trip.

kbshcb

« Reply #13126 on: September 26, 2021, 10:02:39 AM »

clynn - no they did not wake me up last night...the comings and goings started at 7am....party bus picked up some kids at noon, and the event took place at 5pm at a rental hall as they had 200 people.
They returned around 1am and didn't disperse till close to 5am....with some straglers vehicles still nearby.

So, all in all yesterday was fine and over......the 6 weeks prior of 3 times a week preparation was the tough part at the end of the day....

Pretty sure today might be quiet. ;) ;)

Morning all....just returned from a quiet walk with Ollie.
My mower for the back was a no show so supposed to be here today sometime.
Chris and I are thinking next season we will need to up our game somehow.

tsk - more info on battery powered weed wack as y'all like to say....It must be broken. It's the 40v 140 newer version...as I read reviews some love it and other's prefer the older model a 136 as it had a wheel for an edger and not a metal bar.....It worked well for us for 2 seasons, or almost 2...the battery still charges and works, the line still spins...but, I read also in reviews the trigger mechanism sometimes fails...the handle also can move while working with it and it did for me.
Because I purchased last year with an extra spool of line and the battery works and they are inexpensive I may do as others have done and buy the exact same model and see what happens. Some reviewers have done this and found it failed as well in average of 2 seasons...
I will never try to use a gas powered one again though and Black and Decker has a great reputation for this kind of yard tool. Perhaps they are all going downhil in terms of longevity?...
Let me know which one you end up with.

oldguy

« Reply #13127 on: September 26, 2021, 10:13:06 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Tig - I don't see a choice for Sunday mid-day - it is BRUNCH time... ;)

Lisa - is it a turkey vulture or a black vulture that you saw - a TV will only kill if it can't find carrion - a BV is more aggressive and will go for which ever is available.  I have seen TV eat skunk carrion along the roadside...

KB - I need additional info - are you satisfied with a string unit for grass trimming but need something better for edging?  If so, there are edgers in corded electric for under $100 that are light weight.  Gas units are similar in size and weight to a lawn mower with 4 wheels for $200 to $300 and a cordless 80v unit for about $400.  A blade unit trimmer is called a brush cutter and requires more power than a 20v or 40v battery unit can supply without performance limits...  Corded electric trimmers have enough power to use blades.  The disadvantage of blade units is that it requires the use of tools to replace the blades, they do not perform as well on grass and if they break while in use, they become dangerous projectiles.

Yesterday was busy - Spent the afternoon replacing the main bathroom toilet - did not have to make an extra trip... :o ;) followed by the weekly card game - split 1 win and 1 lose ::)

Some left over cat videos...

Maru's tail is so useful   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZdwNfwD2mE

What Temperature Is Considered Cold For Cats   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV1UIt0fCxg

The Iceland volcano is in a quiet stage this weekend - but tremors are on the rise today, will have to see what happens next...
Black Rivers of #Basalt   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wdMJ0IZ8RQ

The Canary Island volcano is getting worse - getting more lava flow with 3 active vents and more ash fall - airport has been closed and more evacuations are expected...
La Palma Volcano Eruption Update   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFZogZP2JY8

Eric Clapton - After Midnight | The Lady In The Balcony   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkrA-gSG-vE

Today only has 7 celebratons...

National Compliance Officer Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-compliance-officer-day-september-26/
National Gold Star Mother’s Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/gold-star-mothers-day-last-sunday-in-september/
National Shamu the Whale Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-shamu-the-whale-day-september-26/
National Situational Awareness Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-situational-awareness-day-september-26/
National Johnny Appleseed Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-johnny-appleseed-day-september-26/
National Pancake Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-pancake-day-september-26/
National Dumpling Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-dumpling-day-september-26/

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #13128 on: September 26, 2021, 10:22:44 AM »

Jaspurr - Dance lessons vid! Cute!
Oldguy - Liked unstoppable cats vid!
Lani - Nice that Shannon came over the other day and you guys enjoyed burgers - yumm!!
KB - Nice to see Mr & Mrs Tower!
Lori - May Tiaki always fly safe! :-*  Thanks for posting vid.  Lori, thanks for posting pic of Falcon cam home of Diamond & Xavier. :)
Phyl - Liked the Batman building story!
T40 - Watched some of the great kitty vids!
Baz - Darling pics of you and your GN & GNephew!!  Love your hair - its beautiful! ;D
Peep - Lol maybe the vulture will eat the skunk!
Pink - Have a safe & wonderful day with the girls in KC today!! 8)
Tsk - Glad you had a nice day in Milwaukee yesterday!
Karen - I had no clue you went through the medical procedure this week.  Thoughts & prayers for a comfortable & full recovery. I bet TA will not want to let you out of her sight now!!  Please take care and don't over do. {{Karen}}
Phyl - Awe, thank you for Maggie purrs  :)
Tig - Enjoy the book club brunch today!  Empty nest for Gpups {{Tig}}
Clynn - I agree that it was kind of sad to see Taiki fly away. Like your morning gifs!
Hi LisaG, Jilltosa, Puff & All Beakers :)

Happy Heavenly Birthday for JPalm.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #13129 on: September 26, 2021, 10:59:10 AM »

Jpalm, Remembering you on your special day!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #13130 on: September 26, 2021, 11:17:11 AM »

oldguy

Thanks for asking and i always learn something from you. No I like the battery power rather than corded. I don't mind the metal bar for edging but it seems to get heavier than what others said about the previous models wheel as the wheel would literally pull it along....I'm not attached to either, however.

Am just disappointed it died on me already cause I was just getting sorta good with it and if I divided the back yard from the front yard by separate days the edging could be done without feeling sore. Otherwise I paid for it....the shaft isn't quite long enough I think is the problem even when fully extended.

So, no I just hope that the Black and Decker I got was just a dud if you will, or I might be somewhat worried these inexpensive although with a great long term reputation aren't being built more cheaply these days and the next one will last longer..

karengramke

« Reply #13131 on: September 26, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »

Aww, sweet jpalm!  Thanks Lani.
I felt the earth rumbling awhile ago and the wind  stirring through the pines and realized it was Willi reacting to all the buzzard pictures!     She liked sweet loving birds and cows, and dogs and bears, etc!  That house sent her into a real spin.  Lol.
Thanks for looking up the buzzard diet Lisa.  I also thought they located carrion by smell and then cleaned up the earth.   Interesting they also kill for food.  You saved me a google.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #13132 on: September 26, 2021, 11:33:16 AM »

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Eagles, Karen and TA, Lisa, Tig, Kb, Clynn, Tsk, Lori, Kb, Jaspurr, Oldguy, Peep, Jilltosa, Puff, Baz, Phyl and All!

LOL Jaspurr! Me too! ;D

Oldguy, the Canary Island volcano eruptions are terrifying! I saw someone post a frightening video on twitter yesterday!  :o :'(

Lori, Thank you for posting tracker info for Tiaki. She's been enjoying flying around her beautiful island.  :-* I see her parents are still there too.

Clynn, Sweet Hamlet pics.... It's non-stop raining at our home. Definitely feels like Fall here!!! If I had that many TVs hanging around my house, I wouldn't walk out the door.  :o

Tig, very interesting book, I've added it to my audible wish list.

Lisa, I always check where our cats are located if I see a vulture about. 

{{{Hugs Karen}}} I pray you are feeling stronger today.  :-*

{{{Hugs Eagles}}} It's so upsetting when we loose our posts!  :(.   I pray Kris is doing better today.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #13133 on: September 26, 2021, 11:39:45 AM »

Meant to say that Gabby and Sampson seem in a hurry to get goung this season!  Usually hatch in December!   Lol, maybe Gabby did not getthe memo!

oldguy

« Reply #13134 on: September 26, 2021, 11:50:02 AM »

That B&D has a 3 year warranty - model # LST140C - Menards SKU 2673282 - your manual has info on the battery/charger to confirm if the problem is there and a trouble shooting guide for the trimmer itself -  when you call the service center they will ask for these results before giving you a repair authorization #
Call this phone number  for warranty service   -   1-800-544-6986
Here is a map to locate a local service center   -   https://www.blackanddecker.com/support/find-a-service-center
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #13135 on: September 26, 2021, 12:11:26 PM »

clynn - Love the saying on you morning pic, For The Week Ahead.   :o  that roof!  I would not be loving that.  Great pics from NEFL!

Lori - I will be looking forward to your tracking reports and updates on Tiaki!  ;)

E4E - So Sorry about losing your post.  I hate when that happens.  :(  How is Kris feeling?

jaspurr - We were hoping they were gone too, but this last one is a tough one.  We think it was under our shed for a while, so yesterday, hubby blocked off all around shed except the back where it could get out thru a hole in the back of the fence.  Hubby was waiting outside after dark to see it come out behind the shed, and the darn skunk comes out from behind another part in our fence that he thought he had fixed.  It was comical!! So, this morning at 7:30am he was outside fixing that area of the fence that is butted up to the woods. We wait again to see the outcome tonight. 

kb - I am glad to hear that everything went ok with the party, and that you were not disturbed. 

oldguy - It was the red-headed vulture, so that is a turkey vulture, right?  I am with minion!  :D  Thanks for the celebrations and videos. 

karen -  Yea, I don't think willi would be loving all this talk about vultures.   ;D ;)  I hope you are feeling a lil better today.

Lani - Do you know, I had the same thought when I saw that vulture.  There is a new rental neighbor next door, and she has a 14 yr old kitty. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 12:13:02 PM by LisaG1967 »

kbshcb

« Reply #13136 on: September 26, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »

That B&D has a 3 year warranty - model # LST140C - Menards SKU 2673282 - your manual has info on the battery/charger to confirm if the problem is there and a trouble shooting guide for the trimmer itself -  when you call the service center they will ask for these results before giving you a repair authorization #
Call this phone number  for warranty service   -   1-800-544-6986
Here is a map to locate a local service center   -   https://www.blackanddecker.com/support/find-a-service-center

Thanks again....I bought this off of amazon :( :(...I'll look up any amazon warranty and the service center.

I did buy the battery powered leaf blower at Menards this year!.....so far so good.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #13137 on: September 26, 2021, 12:29:56 PM »

LISA  Thank Lisa for your research on vultures - News to me too.

CLYNN  Love your morning words of wisdom  ;D    Don't even think a good rainstorm would get all the poop off that roof  :o

LORI  Keep us posted if you use the application  :)

KB   Wasn't your weed whipper warrantied?   Two seasons is not a long life at all.  We have never used a gasoline one - always battery.  Am waiting for OLDGUY's research.

OLDGUY  Were you able to come up with an edger trimmer combo with a string feed and not a spool?    Maru's tail  LOLOL

KAREN  How are you feeling today?
Chicagoland

jaspurr

« Reply #13138 on: September 26, 2021, 12:34:43 PM »

LISA, LOL, I have a feeling that darn skunk is going to keep Jim very busy.  Jim may have to quit his day job.
OLDGUY, National Pancake Day :D. I am thinking Puffed Apple Pancakes for dinner.  Thank you for video on Canary Islands.  I have been following Bushcraft Bear.  He lives on the island and stopped posting a couple days ago.  Finally, posted this morning.  I was happy to see he was OK.
KAREN, I thought you were having an earthquake. ;D ;D. I don't think Sampson got the memo either. 
LANI, yes, that first sip of coffee in the morning. For 21 years I never drank coffee and now I can't function without a cup in the morning.

karengramke

« Reply #13139 on: September 26, 2021, 01:11:09 PM »

Jaspurr, was that 21 years from birth to 21?   

Tsk, short of breath more than usual in the last hour or so.   Have not had zertek however for several days so will do that and drink a lot of water.  Will see my dr. Tomorrow.   Not the cardiologist.   Thanks for asking.