Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 728931 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #10410 on: July 28, 2021, 03:51:59 PM »

Yah!...my cobalt blood level is finally normal....chromium became almost normal 2 years ago so we didn't retest.....Only took 7 years!..These are the 2 heavy metals that became severe, meaning the highest blood levels recorded in the state of MN (I win the gold medal)....from my bad hip replacement....removed it in 2014....and also removed 1 of 2 pseudotumors filled with shavings of these two metals....caused from polishing of then ball and socket titanium hip replacement. The second pseudotumor he couldn't remove so I assumed it would leech out into blood forever, but now gone!

weasel65

« Reply #10411 on: July 28, 2021, 03:55:48 PM »

KB
;). That's great news.  I'm so very happy for you.

kbshcb

« Reply #10412 on: July 28, 2021, 04:01:17 PM »

KB
;). That's great news.  I'm so very happy for you.

Thank you dear.....you take care now.

T40cfr403

« Reply #10413 on: July 28, 2021, 04:10:14 PM »

Yah!...my cobalt blood level is finally normal....chromium became almost normal 2 years ago so we didn't retest.....Only took 7 years!..These are the 2 heavy metals that became severe, meaning the highest blood levels recorded in the state of MN (I win the gold medal)....from my bad hip replacement....removed it in 2014....and also removed 1 of 2 pseudotumors filled with shavings of these two metals....caused from polishing of then ball and socket titanium hip replacement. The second pseudotumor he couldn't remove so I assumed it would leech out into blood forever, but now gone!

kb - Gone is good. Congrats! :)

Maybe you saw this episode of Grey's Anatomy: DeLuca Makes an Incredible Diagnosis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH-Bcgb2CUo

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10414 on: July 28, 2021, 04:14:18 PM »

Yay KB!!!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #10415 on: July 28, 2021, 04:18:02 PM »

I guess you found the answer to Ice.   Lol.
Reading further the vets say that anything that causes dogs to eat or drink too fast can cause them to ingest  air which may cause bloat. 
Lisa, have a good trip and a nice visit with mama.   I have flown in and out of both Mobile and Pensacola.  Sometimes I have deplaned in Pcola and the plane took off and landed in Mobile!
Peeps, I would think insurance wouls pay, depending on the policy.   I would assume the dead man was renting or that he was living with family.   At any rate it is a shame.

Good news on your blood test KB!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:08:47 PM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #10416 on: July 28, 2021, 04:24:01 PM »

kb - Gone is good. Congrats! :)

Maybe you saw this episode of Grey's Anatomy: DeLuca Makes an Incredible Diagnosis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH-Bcgb2CUo

Thanks!....no I missed that one......funny thing is I never felt smarter than I do now!.....LOL, actually I did feel "brain fog" before I got it removed....lost hair, had severe unrelenting itchy excema on both legs....and back etc....these metals are nothing to fool around with!...

I'm a celebrating now...a little boxed red wine thank you very much!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 04:26:55 PM by kbshcb »

kbshcb

« Reply #10417 on: July 28, 2021, 05:01:28 PM »

Well, Dang...My Doc just e mailed me....she ordered the wrong metal test!....cobalt was always getting lower . She read my chart wrong while I was in there cause I didn't remember which one was still high.
It's chromium not cobalt!....dang, but the cobalt is even lower than 2 years ago and gone.

Now I gotta go in and get more blood drawn to do the correct test: Chromium which had been coming down slower.

Celebrating too early.....unless that also proves to be normal?...

Sorry all.....wow, what a mistake she made and I didn't check her on it....We were talking so much, catching up on over 2 years of life, while she was reading my chart on the computer.
I understand actually, but I didn't double check her either....

Hopefully, after a new blood draw will be the same result.

kbshcb

« Reply #10418 on: July 28, 2021, 05:27:22 PM »

They both start with the letter C!....I understand and am fine...just started celebrating a little too early....

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10419 on: July 28, 2021, 05:33:26 PM »

They both start with the letter C!....I understand and am fine...just started celebrating a little too early....

Well... Crap. LOL.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 06:34:44 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

PeepSpy

« Reply #10420 on: July 28, 2021, 05:37:56 PM »

Aw, KB!  :(
The Great Pumpkin is coming! 🍁🎃🍎🍂🥧

LisaG1967

« Reply #10421 on: July 28, 2021, 05:54:54 PM »

Pink - If I don't see you before I leave...have a great 4 days off! 

kb - Oh geesh, 1/12th of an inch!  Hope you new blood work results come back just as good!

karen - Thank you  :)  I am going to post in the Beak in the morning, but I want Jeff to bring me to the airport at least by noon.  Southwest is the busiest terminal there, and the security line is always LONG.  My flight doesn't leave till 3:20pm. 

Have a good night everyone.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10422 on: July 28, 2021, 06:02:28 PM »

Lani common sense, sure you do. Luv hearing about Milo, Norman and Sadie
KB I was talking about cats.  Sure was excited for you on your blood work. Shucks.  Hopefully the new sample will provide celebratory results. Talons crossed. Hope Ollie man's paws are okay. 
Pink what 'ya gonna do with 4 days off...some fun? I hope. That link I  posted about ice water for cats gave directions for an ice ball using a party balloon filled w/ water (I'd use filtered) and frozen solid in the freezer. The site had a little vid of 3 cats, 1 a kitten, having a good ol time licking away.  Next time I'm out...ballons and ice ball for Mags.     
Lisa I was early wishing you safe travels to your mama's . And
 I don't want to miss wishing you well tomorrow. So...be safe, be well and inspite of the situation, hope you have some fun with her. Yeah the security line will take time. :(
Tsk tape biker is  unique and creative. Lucy still doing well then?

Dinner: stuffed bell peppers, potatoes au gratin, garden salad, wine and I guess a dessert for Jim. Think he'll need those calories. He's very tall and thin so carries his weight well. I tried to give him some of my pounds. But it doesn't work that way. LOL
#Pray for Ukraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10423 on: July 28, 2021, 06:16:44 PM »

Munchkins have been gone for a a good while, I have been resting and enjoying my rum & coke...  ;D ;D ;D

kb, put the box of wine back in the fridge... ;D

Lisa, safe travels for you tomorrow! Did you leave Jeff plenty of food? I forgot to make Ed some tuna salad before I left, but I would have thought he could
manage to make it for himself.  All he wants in it is sweet relish and mayo. But no, he can't even do that! Helpless!

DN13 & DN14

A Golden Retriever, A Hamster And 8 Birds Are Best Friends And Live In Harmony  https://www.sonyaz.net/foto-galeri/a-golden-retriever-a-hamster-and-8-birds-are-best-friends-and-live-in-harmony-23-pics/1508/?fbclid=IwAR24CsUcGqJaql7Mn2Yafn5D0dVqTTHfOoWqki0QW57g26o2sCahj8lD04U

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #10424 on: July 28, 2021, 06:22:33 PM »

Clynn - too funny!...yeah, it's put away for now.....LOL

and Ed, oh my....I always tell peeps now, you better learn how to do everything, yes everything your spouse does, cause you never know!...

My neighbor left 6 months ago or so for a trip for 3 weeks and I asked her if her husband would know how to feed himself....she laughed and wasn't sure.....turns out he tried anyway...they are younger though, so that's their excuse.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 06:25:26 PM by kbshcb »