Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 690121 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #10365 on: July 27, 2021, 04:34:30 PM »

Erin sent pictures of the Munchkins on this HOT day! Bella is modeling the swimsuit Grandma got for her!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #10366 on: July 27, 2021, 05:12:01 PM »

Wow!  What fun they are having!  Cute suit.  Is is a two piece?    Bella is looking taller.

PeepSpy

« Reply #10367 on: July 27, 2021, 05:40:38 PM »

UPDATED!

In this last week of July, we expect many seabird chicks to start fledging at the 7 islands managed by Audubon's Seabird Institute! All along the coast of Maine, fledglings have begun leaving their nests to explore. These "teenage" birds have the body shape of an adult & sleek contour feathers, yet still have a juvenile plumage coloration. Fledglings often are highly active at night, when the cover of darkness helps them avoid predators. These young seabirds aren't quite ready to depart the islands, though. Their parents will continue to feed the fledglings while they hone their foraging skills & improve their flight abilities. At Seal Island, many tern chicks have begun fledging & we expect the alcids to follow suit soon! Hopefully we will catch a glimpse of JoJo to see what he's up to.

The team at Explore is working to improve our cam connection & keep our feed live. Unfortunately there is nothing that the Audubon team can do to help remedy this issue... But lets all keep our fingers crossed that a solution is found soon. Thank you all for your patience.

To cheer you up, the Seal Island researchers have sent us some photos of JoJo! I'll be sharing those over the next few days, so get excited!
Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

PeepSpy

« Reply #10368 on: July 27, 2021, 05:45:55 PM »

Some pics from the Isle of May  :)

Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

LisaG1967

« Reply #10369 on: July 27, 2021, 06:00:43 PM »

tig - Sounds like a yummy picnic lunch!

Puff - I loved hugging you at ATF, and tsk too when I met her. 

kb - Glad to hear that all went well with your tests!

clynn - Oh my, so much sass in that first pic!  ;D  The munchkins look like they are having a great pool day.

Peep - Great pics from the Isle of May.

Have a good night everyone.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10370 on: July 27, 2021, 06:26:27 PM »

Hi bakers! OMG clynn those pics are so cute! I am on my cell phone I still don’t have my computer working. Apparently an update was done on my graphics card which had a bug in it and caused my fan to quit working. I’m trying to pack up my files and take the laptop apart to clean the fan first and make sure it’s working. I got the cooling fan today and it’s just not gonna work for me. Anyway when I get this all sorted out I am going to upgrade to windows 10 professional and that will allow me to do my own updates Microsoft will not be downloading anything I will be responsible for it. Very happy about that :-) got to catch up in here I hope everybody’s OK.I really miss you! Clynn you were missed! Haven’t been able to check on Sydney see eagles or chance. Baby should be coming soon! I’m doing talk to text so I’m sorry about the errors. Love and miss you prayers for all hugs!!

Here’s a picture of destiny when she was a baby :-) I’m Going through all of my memory sticks trying to find an empty one LOL she is adorable :-)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10371 on: July 27, 2021, 06:28:32 PM »

LISA  OH NO!!!!!!  Suppose it has a little family under there?  You'll see them at night if you do.    LOLOL  It was kind of like hugging your Mom and I hugging a daughter  ;) ;)   Altho I feel like your age  LOL

TIG  Boy does that sound yummy!  How did the Snuggies turn out?

PUFF  Wonderful memory  :-*

KB   What a good experience with the doc this AM.  So far so good on the results - YAY

CLYNN   LOL  so this time Miss Fancy Pants is wearing her swim suit  LOL

PEEPS  How frustrating with those puffin cameras.

LORI  sounds like a good plan in the works!!!

Frustrating day with Comcast ( 4 hours total time including travel) .  All started when we were getting NO sound on the Olympic coverage on our 4 small non HD tv's.
Long story - bottom line - bring in 4 old "boxes" and get 4 upgraded ones.  Got them all hooked up - none worked - Another try or 2 or 3 or 4 at getting a human being on the phone.  Finally did and such a wonderful patient kind and deliberate fella - as have been all humans that I've been able to speak with at Comcast - who finally got all the TV's working.  Seems that "shooting a signal" to 4 TV's was too overwhelming so he did one at a time.  Phew - LOL  Now I have sound when watching the Olympics  ::) ::)
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #10372 on: July 27, 2021, 06:43:52 PM »

Lisa, the Alabama Governor is getting really angry with the unvaccinated.   Hopefully folks will take her seriously. She has written an op Ed and given some interviews.  Take care while you are gone Lisa! You flying out Thursday?
Tsk, i cannot seem tomget interested in the Olympics this year!  Not sure what the issue is!   Good for you on getting your sound back and finding a patient person!  Think Hugging is back on the back burner again!

PeepSpy

« Reply #10373 on: July 27, 2021, 06:44:55 PM »

Crud, there is a tornado warning up for Sanilac County (outer thumb)! We don't usually get tornadoes in Michigan.  :(
Heat Wave! 🌞🌵😓

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #10374 on: July 27, 2021, 06:51:56 PM »

Goodnight Beakers
Loong HOT day, well I was cool at work and home, but WOW leaving work!
 SUCH a wonderful Man in Bob Anderson,  he loved and loved his birds and Raptors and did SOO much for this program! All these pics and memories posted (((hearts)))

PHYLIZ I can just see you dancing on your deck..lol loved your bird photo last night..I did know and have seen Squirrels carry thier babies,  so cute! Your Sub and soup sounded good!
TIG How did your snuggie come out? OH a sweet picnic and food!
E4E Yes would be nice if all Beakers got rain all divided  up!
OLDGUY You put in some serious hours! Loved the bed Minion, so true of me..lol
LILBRO Aww that is so sweet, didn't know Linda, but all here very much seem touched   :) thanks to your Nephew Patrick  :)
LANI Yes will be a nice break for us! BOSS And Wife were helping the kids with some unexpected moving..In in fact Boss is back, she will stay a few more days in Texas and head back to Florida.  I know what you mean, I'm always praying over our AC and Furnace when in need! Cute Pups and Parent last night  :) Such a wonderful  article from Janet on her memories of her hike with Bob!
KB I would have hoped someone who found tags would have made every effort! AWW that Horse visiting patients, so cool! Mama Koala with her baby,  so sweet, love that  :) Glad for normal tests  :)
TSK We will find something fun I'm sure, we are planning on having 2 OR maybe even 3 of our Grandbabies on Saturday  :) Will be somewhat cooler here Sat also..
LISA There are always errands to do before a trip.. Yes today went a lil better at work  :) OH NO A Skunk..Well they are cute, just don't want them around...Good luck with that!
PEEP I LOVE Koalas also  :) Greats pics!
CLYNNLOL My Boss does, I asked for these days off tho  :) We WERE going to be going to Sturgis, so I just kept them as Vacation days..  :) OH Ospey are talented! Interrupting and water sausage meeting...lol wonderful pics of Bob, aww and he and Four  :'(  Mama and kids in pool ..lol Lady in Target right?? Lol OH look at Munchkins  and sweet Bella is that lil suit, cool swim fun!
KAREN You and TA get a storm?
PUFF Awww (((hugs)))
LORI
Aww baby Destiny, so cute!

Have a good night ALL,  SEDS
 Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG Weasel, , Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL   
🦅🇺🇸💓

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10375 on: July 27, 2021, 07:05:08 PM »

pant drip pant

soooo full! All the day's calories at one sitting. We left when the breeze stopped and it was 95 at 6 p.m. But, Camper had brought a small fan with a portable battery. So smart he is! He said "did you make this?" in reference to the wraps. LOL.

Snuggies still had some white marks but I rubbed them and they came out of the dryer ok. I forgot to mention... when I soaked them overnight, they ended up having little pieces of "scum" all over that had lifted from the sides of the laundry tub. Again... first world "problem".  :o

TSK... aw, I would have been so frustrated. Glad it is fixed.

SED      (( KB ))  (( ALL ))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 07:07:45 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #10376 on: July 27, 2021, 07:09:33 PM »

Thanks for the heads up tsk.  I'll be on the phone to Comcast as soon as the White Sox game is over.

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10377 on: July 27, 2021, 07:30:51 PM »

karen, it's a one-piece! It was between Minnie Mouse and Elsa...I think the ruffle was the deciding factor!

Lisa, Bella is certainly sassy!  They love the pool...wish I had one... ;D  Oh no about the skunk! I have had cats (with litters), raccoons & opossums.
No skunks.  Be careful!

tsk, I know that feeling of getting someone in cable customer service who is nice and helpful! Rare!

Lori, so sorry you are having technical difficulties again...  Sweet Destini!

Sydney Sea Eagles - Pip watch started today!

Pink, you will enjoy your mini vacation!  Glad you are staying home...Yes, I do believe that lady may have been in Target! Fill that cart up!

Peeps, beautiful Puffin picture!

tig, quite an ordeal with your monk robes!  ;D ;D

Good Night Beakers!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #10378 on: July 27, 2021, 07:46:51 PM »

Ta and I are good. Lots of thunder and high humidity!   Light rain only. Another wave expected off of a large system from the west but I am not sure we will get much from it either.   Just like kb says, going north of here!
Sorry about all the computer and tv problems!  Ain't hi tech grand!  Never called anyone about the rabbit ears! Lol.
Lisa, dont get in the way of that skunk spray and then have to board a plane!  Whew!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10379 on: July 27, 2021, 10:56:09 PM »

Hi All Beakers,
I just spent at least 45 min composing, and it wouldn't post.  Don't know why.
All have a good evening.  Hugs to All  :-*