Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 426007 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #10320 on: July 26, 2021, 05:04:47 PM »

Wunderground weather is stating we have a 98 percent chance of rain tonight!...

On radar I don't see a thing, anywhere!.....hmm.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10321 on: July 26, 2021, 05:09:34 PM »

TWO HARBORS EAGLE CAM-IWS CHANNEL ISLANDS
MpMom
7-24-21
Parent at 12:12PM

Toyon, 5:17 PM

Vocalizing or yawning Toyon at 5:27PM  You decide.
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

Phyl

« Reply #10322 on: July 26, 2021, 05:13:48 PM »

TWO HARBORS EAGLE CAM-IWS CHANNEL ISLANDS
Mp Mom
7-24-27

Both parents in the scrub...
6:08 PM
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

Edwin Way Teale

karengramke

« Reply #10323 on: July 26, 2021, 05:29:26 PM »

Tsk, I have what is called New Orleans praline and pecan ice cream in the freezer!  Delicious except not enough praline and too many pecans!  Lol.

Kb, as BL says you have to drill down on the weather forecasts to get the full picture!

PeepSpy

« Reply #10324 on: July 26, 2021, 05:32:28 PM »

Just confirmed on the evening news - Michigan had 4 tornadoes touchdown with 112 mile an hour winds Saturday.  :(
Happy and healthy New Year! 🔔💖⭐

LisaG1967

« Reply #10325 on: July 26, 2021, 06:33:57 PM »

Peep - Oh my….hope no one was injured.

Phyliz - Had to giggle at your Comment about Jim getting a shower  ;D

Kb - I just got an alert on my tablet saying brief rain shower starting at 7:51 pm. We will see.   ::)

tsk - Mmm, that ice cream sounded yummy!  You better not tell Tim ;D

Have a good night everyone.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10326 on: July 26, 2021, 06:50:07 PM »

KB   Boy didn't know that about Scott's dog tags... :'( :'(

PEEPS  A storm for the record books!!  Were there any deaths?
Chicagoland

PeepSpy

« Reply #10327 on: July 26, 2021, 06:53:25 PM »

KB   Boy didn't know that about Scott's dog tags... :'( :'(

PEEPS  A storm for the record books!!  Were there any deaths?
I've only heard of one, but many houses and buildings flattened. Especially hard hit was downtown Armada. I haven't seen anything about the apple orchards. Hope most of the trees were spared.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10328 on: July 26, 2021, 07:09:11 PM »

kb, I see rain in your future on TWC radar, at about 10:00 tonight...

Phyl, I sure hope they get their camera in focus at Two Harbors after the eagles take off for their vacation... ;D The area is very pretty... love the cacti!

tig, I guess I am missing something, I don't understand why your snuggly monk robes are causing such problems???

karen, have you ever had Baskin Robbins Pralines & Cream?  Lots of praline!  My absolute favorite!

Peeps, wow, that is just awful...so much damage...

Lisa, no Sam's this week, too much Chocolate milk!

tsk, did you drive around the block so you could finish your ice cream before you got home?  ;D

Avon Lake - We saw them with a baseball, a soccer ball, and now a golf ball!

TY Nick

SF BAY -  Fish are kind of a big deal here. We like to count how many fish come in, and what kind they are. This one is a picture-perfect Black Perch. We see a few of these every year, but they're not too common.
Richmond had the honor of bringing the season's 600th fish today (but it wasn't quite as picturesque 😉). And Rosie brought a halibut today that lasted over 4.5 hours and on which each of the fledglings snacked. Which is a lot better than the two jacksmelt Richmond brought in quick succession last night that went overboard within seconds. Sigh. Fortunately he went out for two more.

With two females on the nest, it will be interesting to see how long our season extends this year. Brisa, from our 2018 cohort, left the area on September 2. Kiskasit's last day on the nest was Sept 11, 2019. So we're not sure how many fish there will be altogether this year, but there's a chance it will top 700 if both Poppy and Lupine decide to stick around until September.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

PeepSpy

« Reply #10329 on: July 26, 2021, 07:09:33 PM »

I get emails from Stash Tea and this was a recipe made with green tea.

Watermelon Aqua Fresca Tea: https://www.stashtea.com/blogs/recipes/watermelon-agua-fresca-tea?_kx=zystNw1fbCL24r2zF7CqAxRQS1DfuZp-rsDVaMUANr8%3D.NQnW7g

PeepSpy

« Reply #10330 on: July 26, 2021, 07:13:40 PM »

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #10331 on: July 26, 2021, 07:59:45 PM »

Goodnight Beakers
Well it was a Monday at work for us all day! Glad mine at work is over..lol I work Today, tomorrow and Weds and have Thursday,  Friday and weekend off.. I left it alone,
as we were going to Sturgis and now we are not..Thats OK! Boss and Wife were needed in Texas at her Son's and she and I weren't TOO crazy about going anyway... I will take the 4 day weekend and do some extra visits and cleaning around the house,  that I normally don't do..  :)
GOING to be extremely hot the next few days 104-110 heat Index Weds into Thursday also..No rain until MAYBE Thursday..

PHYLIZ That lil Squirrel today was funny,  just checking in while trying to get the bird food..lol whatever lil critters those are in puc..they are cute.. So are you dancing in the rain like Gene Kelley? Lol Those Earrings!
OLDGUY Good posts and Minions :)
LANI That Starry sky over  Superstition Mountains was beautiful! And the sweet Giraffe with the Tulip   :) So has the rain let up there and clean up begun?
LISA Oh we really had a good weekend, so I was catching up and saw ALL your wonderful pics of Mom and all in Decorah..  :)
KAREN Was very safe on Bike and sensible, lol  ;) Did not know you have a motorcycle license? Undated photos of your family? Treasures all tho you don't know..
TSK Have a good time with SIL B day dinner? Glad you got rain, but hate when it's not gentle and smoking..oh well. OH was very lazy yesterday after Saturdays ride..lol Mmm your Ice cream ..I had a serving Of Keto Teiple Chocolate >Ice Cream , so yummy for Keto  :)
T40 CUTE!  :)
PEEP That lady with Tern chick,  sticking her tongue out too funny! OH my that Albatross reunion, too CUTE, like he looked really worried watching for her,  and than when the recognized each other? Too sweet  :) OH all that damage from storms! Glad you are good from them! AWW missing your Razorbills too  :-\ 4 Tornados! OMGosh, so sad about the death and damage  :'(
E4E Aww, so awesome Grandson got some good gifts and you had a blast!
LORI/b] Great pics of MOM!  :) OH Destiny looks so good.. Im sorry and hope all your computer problems are good now? Yes had a great HOT ride..Thanks GF  :)
KB Awesome Blue winged laughing thrush  :) YAY rain for you,  out lawns need some rain now.. OH I can just imagine how happy you were! How much? Oh that not much,  but its something I know.. Cute Titmouse  :) oh no on jeep! What did you know you lost his collar? Well I'm sure you did..lol Oh no , I didn't know you lost Scotts Dog tags  :'(
TIG Hope you got PM.. SO sorry you are disappointed in your new washer and dryer,  just a big change..
CLYNN Yay, you and Kelsey are home well,  yesterday! 8 hour ride very long! OH you HAD SUCH a good time, alot packed into a week, awesome and precious  memories  :) that Avon Lake cutie and Golf ball.. SF BAY  :)
LILBRO Aww you need rain!

HAVE A good night ALL
  Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG Weasel, , Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL
Sunset on Fly   
🦅🇺🇸💓

Phyl

« Reply #10332 on: July 26, 2021, 08:24:36 PM »

Yeah Pink I did a Gene Kelly on our deck. LOL  Sure hope you get the rain you need. Good for you w/ a four day weekend. Maybe you can 'recharge' a bit. I know squirrels are so funny and cute.  We've never had a bit of trouble with ours. Not from the chipmunks either.   Did you know they hold their young like humans do their babies?   Luv yur sunset photos. Tks.

Lisa if I had known it was gonna be a cloud burst today. I'd given Jim a bar of soap  and bottle of shampoowhen he left for work. That would have saved him some time this AM.  ;D Please keep us posted here with the news on  your mama's repairs.

Clynn  dittio with Two Harbors cam.  Might have to take my glasses off to see the cam instead of other way 'round.  ::)  Many thanks for the Avon Lake  and San Fran Bay updates. Everybody looks great. ROTFL with the note paper and vaccum cleaner. 

KB just saw the part about Scott's  dog tags. Surely, they'll turn up. Just wondering if a vet's family can request duplicates of thoses.  I didn't know my mom kept dad's from WWII until I went thru some boxes of things when we cleaned out the attic a few months back.  Golly...I hope you find Soctt's.  Hugs

Jim brought an Italian sub from Publix's deli for dinner along with a carton of  their tomato basil soup.

Edwin Way Teale

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10333 on: July 26, 2021, 08:48:07 PM »

Clynn... it was because the hot/cold intakes were installed reverse, so when I washed the Snuggie it did not get the proper rinsing and attracted detergent marks. You know, how certain dark fabrics will show detergent? They are in the dryer now. Fingers crossed.

Great pic of the fish being flown in... perfect for a caption!
SED

sprinkler day tomorrow
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10334 on: July 26, 2021, 09:04:00 PM »

I get emails from Stash Tea and this was a recipe made with green tea.

Watermelon Aqua Fresca Tea: https://www.stashtea.com/blogs/recipes/watermelon-agua-fresca-tea?_kx=zystNw1fbCL24r2zF7CqAxRQS1DfuZp-rsDVaMUANr8%3D.NQnW7g

Kb - Yaay! Happy for the rain you got!  How funny the vid with the black-crested titmouse - that sweet little bird looks it is almost trying to annoy that beautiful fox!
Lilbro - Hey, the Beakers who are receiving rain need to divide it up!! Send some over to you and some over to me! Lol! ;D
Tig - Good for Camper in figuring out the hot & cold mix up (that someone else did)!
Lori - Destini looks like royalty with her new fur trim!! ;D
Pink - Hope you had a good work day!
Hi Clynn! So happy to have you back in the Beak!!!! Welcome Home!!!! Glad you had such a fantastic & wonderful trip!!! ;D 8)
Phylix - Love the neighbor photo shoot!!!
Lilbro - Watched the rain dance! Wow!! Wish I had just a tenth of all that energy!!!!! :D
LisaG - You have a good night too!
Hi Tig, Karen, Jilltosa! :)

All have a nice night! :)