Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 273579 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #10140 on: July 22, 2021, 06:05:27 PM »

tsk - I am so glad to hear that Lucy is back to her normal self.  :-*

Peep - That is a shame about the new cams.  Hope they get it working before the season ends!

Have a good night everyone.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10141 on: July 22, 2021, 06:43:17 PM »

PEEPS  So frustrating for the puffin enthusiasts .

OLDGUY  how about the "dancer" on AGT.  LOL

Busy day today - tomorrow also  Calling it a day.
Chicagoland

PeepSpy

« Reply #10142 on: July 22, 2021, 07:33:20 PM »

Taken from the Isle of May Nature Reserve.  :D

Taken in Great Britain, from TBayliss Photography

These were posted on Facebook and Twitter. A chatter posted them in Explore chat.
Welcome Fall  🍁🍎🍂🥧

PeepSpy

« Reply #10143 on: July 22, 2021, 08:18:57 PM »

I just had my first grown in Michigan ear of corn!  ;) :D
Welcome Fall  🍁🍎🍂🥧

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #10144 on: July 22, 2021, 08:36:18 PM »

Goodnight Beakers
Well those 3 hours went fast and although I'm very tired, it did feel good to help out. I mean I would only hope they would do it for me..If not oh well.. Thanks LISA  and TSK  :)
PEEP I bet it's killing you as it's bumming us out we can't see lil JOJO and Millie and Willi.. :-\

Have a peaceful night ALL
  Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG Weasel, , Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL 
🦅🇺🇸💓

PeepSpy

« Reply #10145 on: July 22, 2021, 08:42:16 PM »

Pink, I just hope that someone snaps a pic of Keenen's smooch on JoJo!  ;D

(He's dedicated over 20 years of his life studying these little puffballs and is certainly entittled to a little peck)  ;D
Welcome Fall  🍁🍎🍂🥧

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10146 on: July 22, 2021, 08:59:45 PM »

Happy Birthday SMBruhling!

LisaG - I feel so sorry for your Bandit hiding under the treadmill (the other night) to try and get away from the Thunder - poor little guy!
Lani - Good Bear info.  Thank you for posting about all the bears!  Good that you are keeping an eye on Sadie on your walks, and making sure she doesn't eat something that she shouldn't! 
Pink - Good for you in how you cook for your hubby with what he would like, and then you change it up for your Keto diet. You are a!wesome!! ;D
Tsk - Sounds like an exceptional exhibit!!! Wish I could be there and see it.  I know I would absolutely enjoy every minute in there!  I agree - it is strange to refer to some things in the 90's as primitive!  You might also remember that in the early-mid 90's, when you signed onto internet, it was the long dial up connection!!  It took awhile - was not fast!
Blschue - You have a very special Grandson there with Bill. :-* :-*
LisaG - I do the same!  When I am on a little vacation or a weekend away, I eat more than if I were at home!
Phyliz - Good for you & Jim for all you have done for the Bluebirds over the years!
Peep - Yaay- You deserve to enjoy that delicious ear of corn!
Hi T40, Karen, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Lilbro, BL, Jilltosa, Puff, Ssrl, Ezee, Paulie :)

oldguy

« Reply #10147 on: July 22, 2021, 11:42:35 PM »

Tsk - I did not get a chance to watch AGT on Tuesday, so looked at the acts tonight - yes that act was good...
OOPS! When Your Wife and Dance Partner Doesn't Show Up To Her Audition on America's Got Talent!!!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIXnXejUdc

I also found this kid to be great...
14-Year-Old Dylan Zangwill Performs "Somebody to Love" by Queen   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfOchBlb4sY

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10148 on: July 22, 2021, 11:54:23 PM »

Kb, you and ssrl got a lot accomplished, a good day with a good friend  ;D

{{{Hugs Pink}}} Very nice of you to help others and do extra shifts. I'm sorry for their troubles....

Tsk, happy to hear Lucy is doing better, Sadie is too, slowly but each day she's better. Mike came home today. He did the Costco and Trader Joe run on his way home.

awww Peep, I'm sorry about the puffin cam.   :(. Love the puffins pics.... yum! delicious corn.

SED Eagles  ;D

Good night!

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers Family, and Friends, may your sleep be one of love, grace, comfort and peace. God Bless

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eagles4, Lisa, Firetruck, Jilltosa, Pink, Maxie, Masswatch, Clynn, Lori, Baz, ssrl, Tsk, RubyRed246, Ezee, Blschue, DeborahG, Oldguy, Karen, Lindy, Paulie, MpMom and Pete, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Keystone, WW JW, Tig, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, TX_Ninja, eburg, Cwellsla, Indy, Nanimal, Julie, Paulie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Marrymo, Puff, Smb, Naimoj, Teamcarnes, Weasel, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Wilson, Tulsaducati, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, Smb, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's Kris, Pink's Kenzie, Lori's grandma Helen, Kb's BIL, Tsk's BIL, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Baz sister, Lisa's brother, Tsk's friend, Tig and Camper, Clynn's friend Kay, Eagles4's son, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Mrs. Oldguy, Pink's Morgan, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, Baz's great niece, WW JW, Keystone, ssrl, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Blschue and Bill, Lori and family, Phyl and Jim, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little One and all those like her, Iris, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom, Dewey, GSB Michelle, Juliet and Romeo, Maggie, Black Bear Ted, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

• Jersey Highlands
« Reply #10149 on: July 23, 2021, 12:24:09 AM »

Here's the latest U.S. Drought Monitor map for the Midwest.   
https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?Midwest

Kb Not that you don't already know this but read the Midwest Drought Summary at the bottom of that link.
Presently and technically your in 'Moderate Drought' in Hennipen County.  :(

But considering that the "moisture" data lags .. 
I think that would be like saying my holey scorched earth environs look more like Severe to me.   

I have never in my lifetime seen it look anything like that Extreme zone in MN before however.
YIKES. :o

Lani your looking EXTREME dry in your neck of the Rim country woods.
You and Mike keep your "GO bag" updated and ready to go.  :-*

Side note.
We laughed so hard PiP spit coffee out of her nose about the tire track idiots leaving fingerprints directly up to their abode.
Shhh .. they'll never know it was us.  ::)
It just shows to go you, you just can't fix stupid even on the best of days.
We're sitting here envisioning Lani looking at the communities road map with all of the circles and arrows and delayed dates.

All the while the brilliant folk drive and leave tracks like a road runner directly up to their front door. 
I hope your HOA throws the book at them.  - side rant off.

We also hope all responsible users of the great out of doors are mindful of & heed local fire advisories for the rest of the Summer !
It's way too hot and crispy in so many places not to ! ! 

~ Here's the latest HRRR Vertically Integrated Smoke forecast loop for the CONUS. ~

LINK

Let the link load and 'blink' through all the hourly forecast frames.
Play / Pause.
Use the slider for the loops speed.
1 hr forecast time steps  ◄  ►  using the controls in the upper left corner.

This is the LINK to the 'mother ship' of the HRRR-NCEP smoke graphics forecast. 
There's way more smoke data to be had there once you figure out how to use the site.

The parameters used in 1st link above. 
1) Gotta get your brain working in UTC time. Chart below.
2) Domain: ▼  FULL
3) Date: ▼  23 Jul 2021 - 00Z (every 6h, the forecasts extend out to 48 hours ahead).
4) Vertically Integrated Smoke. (click the Check Mark in the Loop column).

Click around on it. You'll get the gist.
If you live in wildland fire country it's got about the best smoke forecast graphics I've found to date.

All those crazy colored sun/moon - rise/sets are from the "out west" wildfire smoke in places that don't normally see the affects of it.

The view from Florida's west coast as the sun slinks low over the Gulf Of Mexico on Sunday @ 00 UTC comes to mind if the forecast stays the same. 

Us east coasters are, of course, keeping 1/2 an eyeball on these pesky little buggers called Hurricanes.

It's always cooler somewhere. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoSn2Y-b6wI
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 03:51:40 AM by BrokenLug »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10150 on: July 23, 2021, 12:57:54 AM »

Kb wow! You all got a lot accomplished in Scott's shop. Nice that ssrl was able to get it all sorted and settled.
Tsk happy to know Lucy is back to her old self.
Pink you;'re a real team player
Lani cute 'good night' photo; hope eveyone is well on your end
Lisa I think incubation is two weeks from the last egg. Jim never got the chance to check the nest yesterday. He mows two yards weekly and the guy was all in to the max.  And, I haven't seed any of the BBs today...nor the hummers. Time to get worried, maybe.
 Years ago we had a case of abandonment of an active nest. I've read that often incubation is the reason. Nesting BBs will chase off the juvies when a new nest is being incubated. Though, #44-48 are still too young. I was really busy today so I didn't peek out the window as often as I normally do, do, do ,do.
 As a result of the ACDF Cervical Spine I developed BPPV-inner ear balance issues. I may risk a fall and go down to the box tomorrow and have a peek.

Homegrown veggies/fruits are best. I remember my parents retirement garden.
At any rate,  I 'm done for the day

'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

kbshcb

« Reply #10151 on: July 23, 2021, 03:33:19 AM »

Photo credit: Bob Rorke....at the Richardson Nature Center in Bloomington MN....just down the way from me.
This was from earlier this evening.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10152 on: July 23, 2021, 03:50:39 AM »

Blschue, Bill & Family...

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

BrokenLug

• Jersey Highlands
« Reply #10153 on: July 23, 2021, 04:27:08 AM »

Kb YES a perfect example of a hazy moonrise.  8)

An Osprey on it's nest.

https://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/july/2021/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 04:34:45 AM by BrokenLug »

kbshcb

« Reply #10154 on: July 23, 2021, 05:42:25 AM »

Kb YES a perfect example of a hazy moonrise.  8)

An Osprey on it's nest.

https://www.moongiant.com/moonphases/july/2021/

Yes, and stupidly yesterday I was grilling chicken outside with thunder nearby!....However, both me and the chicken made it....I'm usually not a risk taker but it was getting late.....LOL