Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2021  (Read 273570 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2021
« Reply #10095 on: July 21, 2021, 05:46:34 PM »

Btw, where would polar bears fit in the bear comparison chart?

The polar bear is comparable in size to the Kodiak Brown bear - btw - the Kodiak is a subspecies of the brown bear as is the Grizzly bear also known as the North American brown bear - Kodiak is the largest brown bear.

size and weight varies on both - the polar has more uniformity of length and is mid range of the brown bears - average weight is more for the polar

Subspecies of Brown Bear   -   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subspecies_of_brown_bear
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LisaG1967

« Reply #10096 on: July 21, 2021, 05:49:19 PM »

Lani - Sounds like you and Sadie are off the hook with the HOA, other neighbors maybe no so much.  ;D ((Shannon and her dogs)), big hugs and prayers for them.

Peep - Cool pic of the peeking pufflin.

kb - Phew....you have outdone yourself today.  I hope you are rested up. 

Lani & Phyliz - Thanks for the bear charts!  It really puts thinks into perspective.

karen - We must have had the same thunderstorm as you.  One clap of thunder was so loud, all I saw was a black streak across the living room and couldn't find Bandit for a while.  He was hiding under my treadmill!

tig - Pool sounds so relaxing.

Pink - I agree, a cheat day is wonderful, but not too many cheat days!   :D

Have a good night everyone. 

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10097 on: July 21, 2021, 05:51:33 PM »

Tsk pls. give us a 'report' on sistine chapel exhibit. I have a book on The Vatican and it hi-lights the chapel...it's so lovely. Who's sponsoring the exhibit?
Kb between you and Tig...whew!  ;) You realzie ladies that working like that will make you live forever. LOL  ;)
Pink That's right...3 licks to the center and then chomp!
Zinnia  are annuals and are in  a genus of plants of the sunflower tribe within the daisy family. But..my mother grew them when we lived in the Mohave Desert. Any how, they were perinnials on the desert. Go fig, eh? 
 Lani LOL neighbors tire marks on new asphalt paving. What a riot.  Good to hear Sadie is up and about her old routine.

Only a guy would draw a female park ranger like that.  ::)
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10098 on: July 21, 2021, 05:55:04 PM »

Bear comparison chart

My chart source:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bear+comparison+size+chart&id=691AED8834C8F8A552DAAC6D8D42536C65E7DB66&form=IQFRBA&first=1&disoverlay=1

Goodness, I forgot about the Polar Bears. But the Brown Bear mamas are tough and unforgiving!  :o
Keep away from Mom Grazer, you'd rather tackle a rattle snake than her.  :o
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #10099 on: July 21, 2021, 05:56:20 PM »

TWO HARBORS EAGLE CAM-IWS CHANNEL ISLANDS

MpMom
7-16-21

Toyon's mommie and daddy  10:23 AM

Our missy herself @ 1:47 PM CST
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

Edwin Way Teale

Phyl

« Reply #10100 on: July 21, 2021, 06:00:22 PM »

TWO HARBORS EAGLE CAM-IWS CHANNEL ISLANDS
MpMom
7-17-21

Hungry parent

Down goes fishy's tail! Arggghhhh! Yuck. LOL

And, of to who knows where.

7-18-21
Our gal at 8:47 AM CST
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 06:02:30 PM by Phyliz »

Edwin Way Teale

Phyl

« Reply #10101 on: July 21, 2021, 06:09:20 PM »

Lani I've heard that 'bout  brown bear mamas. Also ,heard that  one can't out run a bear.
I've dealt w/rattle snakes...no fun either.

Night Lisa!
I should prob follow suite in a few hours.

Edwin Way Teale

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #10102 on: July 21, 2021, 06:51:32 PM »

Goodnight Beakers
Grilled Chicken breast, Broccoli, ( baked potato for him), sliced Cucumber and cottage cheese  :)

KAREN I thought about the Polar Bear too..lol

PHYLIZ Thanks! Oh and yes, I actually planted Zinnias for first time in a long planter this year,  I love them!
Awww Toyon, Mom.and Dad  :)
OLDGUY OK so the largest brown bear is the Kodiak.. :)
LISA Nope I agree cheat days are actually far and few in between for me..This only means an extra carb day..lol

https://youtu.be/qye9AWXQFBw

Peaceful night to you all
  Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG Weasel, , Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL

My favorite Bear  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 06:57:55 PM by PinkEagle »
🦅🇺🇸💓

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10103 on: July 21, 2021, 06:59:47 PM »

PHYLIZ  Aren't zinnias annuals - or are they perennials by you?  good additional charts on bears - The one joins the brown and grizzly.   We bought the Exhibition Souvenir guide And it looks like " See b bridgeman images" did the project  but sponsored by Special Entertainment Events, Inc out of L.A    I love zinnias and have decided that next year around my birdbath it will be all zinnias - multicolors  They are so hardy and have the longest color.

LANI  " black caviar"  cool name  So far so good for Kona and am glad to hear Shannon will try natural or non invasive tx for Charlie.. your road project reminds me of trying to do a maze puzzle - starting at A and ending at Z  LOL  Some folks think rules don't apply to them.  We found out there are 4 sets of these huge digital photos that are traveling. Thanks for that graphic on bear size - I'm forever mixing them up.

KB  That is one heck of a lot of lilies to dig out - baby steps.  Good choices for shade plants.

KAREN   Benches are available but primarily a walking exhibit.  We sat for a 20 min or so "movie" about Michaelangelo - humorously done . You can rent headphones but we did not - many did.  There is a small description of the art piece next to it.  Whole time we were there was 1 hour and 10 minutes.  The fresco digitally photographed and enlarged must have been about 8'x 12' ( maybe bigger)or so - they are really big.  You would never see them this way in the chapel.  Seems a shame not to know what you are looking at if you ever go to the Chapel as they are 70" high there and right in front of your face on the tour.  I loved it as did Tim  We topped it off with lunch at Cheesecake Factory.  We went with the lighter offering menu and the light cheesecake as well.  It is still a shopping mecca altho it has been eons since I have been there - I didn't know the place.  This exhibit was in the "old Sears" store.  Was about a block walk to the bathrooms  LOL

PINK  We had a day in the 70's today - rare for July but tomorrow heading back up to a 90's weekend. And that little frog thought he could hide  LOL

I'll see if I can post some pics altho they don't do it justice.

Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10104 on: July 21, 2021, 07:07:41 PM »

Sistine
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10105 on: July 21, 2021, 07:08:50 PM »

more
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #10106 on: July 21, 2021, 08:17:43 PM »

Thanks Tsk!  Wish I was there.  Would be wonderful to see.   You are right that this would give you a better idea of the painting than standing with your head tilted up staring at a high ceiling.  Do not know If Jackie can do this but maybe!  Odd, there were bathrooms in the old Sears store!  Lol.
Thanks for posting the pictures!
Pink, I was thinking that perhaps you could spend the weekend eating regular food and then go back to your diet. Some think it shocks your system into more weight loss.  Thought is that after awhile your body adjusts to the new intake levels and stabilizes.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10107 on: July 21, 2021, 08:55:08 PM »

Blschue - Continued good thoughts and prayers for Bill. Hugs for you both and wishing for the very best for your hubby.
Phyliz - Are you saying you usually stay up until 2:30a? ??? :-\  Liked 'things nobody said in the 80's - I lost my phone'!!! ;D
Tsk - Is Lucy feeling a little better today?
Tig :)
Lani - Is Sadie feeling a little better today?  I know - same question for Tsk about Lucy!!
Pink - You might remember before there were cell phones - that there were pagers.  My hubby wore a pager on his belt.  We had 'codes'.  I remember that if he did not need to pick up our son after work, I would send 6-0's to his pager!  Of course we had other codes, but that is just an example of how primitive things were back in the early ninety's!  If I actually NEEDED to talk to him, I had to call the Company's main line, and have the receptionist page him on the Intercom for my phone call!!
Oldguy - Interesting vid on the Akita! Learned a little more about the breed! It was very interesting - thank you!
Tsk - I checked out the link you provided for the Sistine Chapel exhibit. Looks so beautiful and wonderful to visit!!!
LisaG - That is what vacation is for - to enjoy and eat whatever you want!  I'm not saying you did that, but I think many of us tend to eat more while away from home on a weekend getaway/vacation! ;) ;D
Lani - So your HOA is only about 1/2 way thru there paving project?!  Amazing how many cars didn't follow the protocol!  Especially some, you said, show tire marks going into their own garage! Oh my gosh! :-[
Hi Peep, BL
Clynn - Miss you!
Kb - You already have a beautiful yard and it will look even more so after you finish all the work!! Take your time and make it a fun project!  ;D
Karen - wow, sure wish you could share some of that rain with us!
Hi Lori, Lilbro, T40
Hi Puff

All have a nice evening! :)

Phyl

« Reply #10108 on: July 21, 2021, 09:06:48 PM »

Tsk sounds like nice exhibit. Tks for the photos of the slide show.   Zinnias are annuals. But, like I said, my mother grew them in our garden where we live in the Mojave Desert of  So Calif. And, out there due to the climate and more moderate winters (ie no frost/freezing) they grew as' perinnals'  like so many other flowering plants. If a plant  died out in the winter, it came back in the spring w/o replanting or seeding. Just water and little fertilizer (aka cow manure back then). Winters didn't get below 40F. 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=zinnias+perennials&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

Edwin Way Teale

Phyl

« Reply #10109 on: July 21, 2021, 09:09:08 PM »

The Most Influential Classic Shows from TV's ‘Golden Age’
Pioneering shows from the 1950s, like 'I Love Lucy,' would help shape the medium for decades to come.
IVÁN ROMÁN

https://www.history.com/news/classic-tv-shows-1950s-i-love-lucy-milton-berle?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2021-0721-07212021&om_rid=&~campaign=hist-inside-history-2021-0721

Edwin Way Teale