Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2021  (Read 53259 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2021
« Reply #1920 on: January 26, 2022, 09:05:33 AM »

Good Morning and Brrrrrrr here too.

jicaji;D to you making an applie pie. Your weather should be good for your hair appointment tomorrow. Mine's good here for mine today but I'm not looking forward to going out in artic blast cold. lol

Reno is coming along. Long process. Reno began Jan 14. All cabinets and appliances removed at the beginning and wall between kitchen and dining room removed. Next was all new electrical wiring throughout kitchen and recessed lighting holes and wiring installed then dry wall throughout which took a few days finally done last Friday. This past Monday the spackle guy began working daily and he'll finish tomorrow. Then tomorrow or next Monday the new flooring is installed. After that new cabinets and appliances. I was told will be finished about second week in February.

The new appliances were to be delivered Monday but I got phone call that one of the delivery guys got sick so truck sidelined and delivery is now to be tomorrow. Will probably have to put them in living room until install day. My family room already has boxes in it with new sink, faucet, insinkerator and 2 big boxes with benches for one side of the new dining table plus new pads and carpet and runner for dining room. No room for appliances in there. And two of the 3 bedrooms have boxes and long table with boxes on top and underneath it with everything packed from kitchen.  ::) I know what boxes have what in them and I packed and put things on top of the beds so putting things back into kitchen should go smoothly. I hope!

Oh! I had scheduled the new table to be delivered the second week in February. Yesterday I got a FedEx text that table would be delivered yesterday. No!! because I paid for guys to bring table inside, assemble and they discard all boxes and packing material. Weird thing is FedEx isn't supposed to deliver. FedEx does not enter homes. A freight company for Wayfair is to deliver. I called Wayfair and they were as confused as me. Turns out the freight company already has table and top and will await delivery Fed 9. Noone knows how FedEx got involved. I said if FedEx shows up here today with table and top they'll be leaving with it too.  ;D

This has been and continues to be an long interesting process. A really nice thing is all the electrical in kitchen being rewired, updated and up to code. We're still doing a bit of cooking on stove until it's removed for new one but I'm definitely not making any big meals any more.

jicaji, Your new furniture is delivered tomorrow, correct?

LB, I saw that coastal storm that's coming along eastern coast. Good luck!! My area is right on the line so I think it misses me but we're to get really high winds.

jicaji, It looks like you'll be getting snow too.

Oops forgot the quote. #1  :)

jicaji

« Reply #1921 on: January 26, 2022, 02:14:02 PM »

Paulie....Whew....Big "doins" at your  house.  Bet you'll be glad when it's all done.  Interesting about FedEx.

My furniture will be delivered on Tuesday now.  My two chairs and sofa will be picked up Monday...So all in all good timing.

And yes, big storm warnings coming for Saturday.

Oh, and now my daughter has Covid, my middle granddaughter and SIL.  Ugh.  BTW, all vaxxed and boosted.  :o

So, We got the N95 masks today at our Town Hall....Went to the store with it on and when we finally got up to the cashier, I felt like I couldn't breathe and had to go outside for fresh air and let my husband take over.  Don't like that mask at all.  Awful.

LB, How's Copper doing?  Good luck with the snow Saturday.  Glad you won't have to worry about going to work.

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1922 on: January 27, 2022, 06:34:12 AM »

Good Morning  Copper is a pain as usual. LOL   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

jicaji

« Reply #1923 on: January 27, 2022, 07:36:21 AM »

Good morning.

It is 3 for me.

Soooo cold here....7 degrees.  Brrr.  I have to keep putting hot water in the squirrels'/birds' water.......

Have a good day Paulie and LB.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1924 on: Yesterday at 06:34:38 AM »

Good Morning  Stay safe Jcaji!!! Looks like you are getting a lot of snow.  I have no Idea about me it was at 2 FT than it was 0. Now it's 4-11"
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

jicaji

« Reply #1925 on: Yesterday at 08:16:32 AM »

Number 1

Good morning.....

8-12" coming MAYBE....Depends on who you listen to.  Sure

Glad I did my weekly food shopping on Wednesday.

Guessing Paulie is busy with all the renov going on in her kitchen.

Stay safe and warm.

jicaji

« Reply #1926 on: Yesterday at 11:42:48 AM »

WOW, Snowing here already.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1927 on: Yesterday at 04:20:54 PM »

Paulie....Whew....Big "doins" at your  house.  Bet you'll be glad when it's all done.  Interesting about FedEx.

My furniture will be delivered on Tuesday now.  My two chairs and sofa will be picked up Monday...So all in all good timing.

And yes, big storm warnings coming for Saturday.

Oh, and now my daughter has Covid, my middle granddaughter and SIL.  Ugh.  BTW, all vaxxed and boosted.  :o

So, We got the N95 masks today at our Town Hall....Went to the store with it on and when we finally got up to the cashier, I felt like I couldn't breathe and had to go outside for fresh air and let my husband take over.  Don't like that mask at all.  Awful.

LB, How's Copper doing?  Good luck with the snow Saturday.  Glad you won't have to worry about going to work.
jicaji, I'm so sorry to read about your daughter, middle granddaughter and SIL. And each is vaxxed and boosted! How are they feeling now? I hope they have mild symptoms.

At my hair appt this past Wed my hair stylist (long time friend I've known her over 20 years) told me she had Covid too. She's also double vaxxed and boosted and eats super healthy, runs to exercise, has been taking extra Vitamin D for a while and she still got it. She said she was so sick, foggy thinking and achy she couldn't pick up her phone at times. That's scary.

Definitely good timing about your sofa and chairs being removed then delivery of new furniture. That's exciting.  :)

Interesting about you and the N95 mask. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. I don't know if there's any in my area or not.

Geez it sounds like you are going to get clobbered maybe with snow. Yes good your food shopping is done. Stay home and cozy in.
Maybe make a yummy cake?  :)

Remember to give an update on your family members please.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1928 on: Yesterday at 04:38:45 PM »

Good Morning  Stay safe Jcaji!!! Looks like you are getting a lot of snow.  I have no Idea about me it was at 2 FT than it was 0. Now it's 4-11"
LB, You stay safe with the snow too. I heard blizzard conditions possible for South Jersey. Geez your forecast went from 2 ft to 0 to 4 to 11 inches. This storm definitely has forecasters busy following and forecasting it.

Same with my area. We were to get just high winds, gust and single digits. It snowed hard here this morning but then melted. Then I got a weather alert on my phone for snow maybe a dusting to 3 inches and now maybe more depending on the direction it goes but my area isn't supposed to get much last I heard.

I'm glad you don't have to try to drive to work and it's TGIF for you!  :)

Awww to cutie Copper. What's he doing? Following you all around? Have you two played hide and seek lately? That's funny.

#2 always always be Grateful.
#3 definitely. I've visualized my kitchen/dining room reno for literally 20 years. It took a while but finally got here!  ;D

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1929 on: Yesterday at 04:49:09 PM »

Update: Drywall and spackling finished. New flooring began yesterday and finished today. Also today all the new appliances were delivered. The new refrigerator has been here since August lol when old fridge broke and started the idea of the kitchen/dining room renovation. Monday the cabinets will be delivered. Yay!

Today my contractor said that he just got updated lists on products and cabinet prices have increased big time and paint prices are really high. I'm lucky my cabinets were ordered last summer. Took months to arrive at warehouse too. I'm going tomorrow to choose paint samples to make a decision. I'll choose three then paint each on an area of the wall(s). I can visualize the color I want so I hope I find it. My contractor also said it's hard to find some color paints. I'm looking for a light gray to light/medium gray along with white trim so that should be easy .. I hope!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1930 on: Yesterday at 06:00:15 PM »

Hi just a quick check in. I skimmed through most this past week nad missed Jacaji about your  family getting covid  So sorry!! Hopely lik e Paulie said Mild.    stay safe jacji.   now one place is saying 4-8 one is 5-11.  Not sure on the other 2 places I am following they havent posted their latest yet.  I am just in winter warning not blizzard warning. 

copper follows me everyone wants to han in kitchen and gets under my feet. small kitchen.  I have tripped a few times. Yes we play hide and seek, he's getting better at it!!!  I just wish he was more active and played with toys. 

How much looker until the reno done???

jicaji

« Reply #1931 on: Yesterday at 09:19:12 PM »

Paulie....I've been going to my hair dresser for 20+ years now.  She told me yesterday that they had to close down the salon the first two weeks in January as they all caught the virus EXCEPT FOR HER AND SHE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO HASN'T BEEN VAXXED.  Go figure.

My daughter and granddaughter and SIL are feeling better already.  Just tired and cold symptoms.

Snow has started to fall again tonight.  Sounds like it's going to be a big storm.  Of course I'll bake something.  Tonight I made braised short ribs for the first time.  Came out really well.  Enough for leftovers tomorrow night. maybe with Baked macaroni and cheese.  Just hope we don't lose power or any trees.

Stay safe LB and Paulie.

SED