Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Decorah Eagles 2021  (Read 68606 times)

jaspurr

Re: Decorah Eagles 2021
« Reply #1395 on: July 20, 2021, 11:03:14 AM »

Mom joined us at the hatchery for coffee from Casey's this morning.  She stayed a couple of hours, caught three fish before heading to N3.  She is going to miss us when all of us are gone.  She has a couple more days to put up with me.

Lisa, I read that they are looking for long haul truck drivers.  lol

LisaG1967

« Reply #1396 on: July 20, 2021, 11:58:36 AM »

Mom joined us at the hatchery for coffee from Casey's this morning.  She stayed a couple of hours, caught three fish before heading to N3.  She is going to miss us when all of us are gone.  She has a couple more days to put up with me.

Lisa, I read that they are looking for long haul truck drivers.  lol

I hope you all got some good pics of Mom!

I don't know how those truck drivers do it. 

nanimal

• Decorah Eagle fan since April 3, 2011
« Reply #1397 on: July 20, 2021, 01:44:58 PM »

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures, Lisa, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit as much as I predicted! Looking forward to more from other travelers.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston
REMEMBERING A GREAT MAN, 7-27-2015.  SOAR HIGH AND FREE, BOB
Dad Decorah, always loved and remembered

LisaG1967

« Reply #1398 on: July 20, 2021, 02:33:26 PM »

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures, Lisa, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit as much as I predicted! Looking forward to more from other travelers.

Thanks, nan  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #1399 on: July 21, 2021, 06:27:20 AM »

Mom on M2, and looked like she was trying to do a lil fishing in the retention pond

tigeag

« Reply #1400 on: July 21, 2021, 07:09:31 AM »

Great pics Lisa!

LisaG1967

« Reply #1401 on: July 21, 2021, 07:53:15 AM »

lilbirdz

« Reply #1402 on: July 21, 2021, 10:27:47 AM »

I have so enjoyed the pics and videos from ATF posted on the Forum. It's clearly a life-changing experience, and I thanks you. I may have missed pics of DM2 and the fledglings.
Is there a separate site for pics and videos of people who attended, the gatherings, and the sightings. If so, could someone please share the link?

LisaG1967

« Reply #1403 on: July 21, 2021, 10:31:21 AM »

I have so enjoyed the pics and videos from ATF posted on the Forum. It's clearly a life-changing experience, and I thanks you. I may have missed pics of DM2 and the fledglings.
Is there a separate site for pics and videos of people who attended, the gatherings, and the sightings. If so, could someone please share the link?

Hi lil,

I have one pic of DM2 in my pics that I posted, but the new nest is quite a distance that you cannot get a close up, unless you have a super-duper long lens.  I had a long lens and that is the best I could get.  I did not get any of the fledglings from N3, but mod Glogdog did.  I am hoping she will post her pics here. 

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1404 on: July 21, 2021, 05:04:15 PM »

Tks. for photos of Mom on M2/retention pond.
Looking foreward to Glogdog's pics of ATF and all.
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

NWargo01

« Reply #1405 on: July 21, 2021, 07:29:44 PM »

Stopped over to visit my cousin in Dubuque on the way back from ATF and today was my first day back to work (YUK!).  But I uploaded these pics last night and did some editing on the darker ones, so hopefully they're okay.

Saw everyone's comments at Lisa's going there for the first time - there is nothing like seeing the joy on someone's face when they see Mom (and Decorah) for the first time.  And she IS just as nice in person as online!  ;D

Anyway, 1st two pics were from Thursday evening when I arrived for the Meet-n-Greet.  Evidently Mom decided to do a little meet-n-greeting herself!

Friday morning we arrived early for the Hatchery tour and Mom was already there waiting for us (3rd pic), and 4th pic is John explaining features of the Hatchery on the tour.

More pics to follow...
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

NWargo01

« Reply #1406 on: July 21, 2021, 07:38:34 PM »

1st pic is from pine trees along the back of the hatchery runs - typically DM2's favorite hiding place.

2nd pic is Mom on Maple later that day (Friday).

3rd pic is N3 from the trail that goes around the Wal-Mart.  John took us all there on Friday.

4th pic is from the River Valley Raptor presentation.  He's holding a goshawk - beautiful bird!

More to follow...
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

NWargo01

« Reply #1407 on: July 21, 2021, 07:50:43 PM »

The 1st pic is interesting because we weren't sure if this was Mom watching her 'little boy' as Kay from SOAR introduced our beloved Mr. Decorah.  He was fairly loud at first, so she may have heard him from wherever she was.  Just speculating, mind you, but it's a neat thought!

2nd pic is Kay bringing Mr. Decorah around for everyone to see.  He's a feisty little guy!

3rd pic is the waterfall at the hatchery, close to the tent where most of the activity happened. 

And of course I had to end this with another shot of Mom!

The far-away shots were taken with my binocular camera and the closer ones with my phone.  Wished you all could have been there.  They had a record number of tornados on Wednesday in Iowa (26!), but from Thursday until Sunday the weather was just beautiful.  80s during the day, and 50s/low 60s at night. 

tigeag

« Reply #1408 on: July 21, 2021, 08:01:44 PM »

Thanks for the pics NW!!!

I know all of you had a great time. Very jelly! Maybe I'll make it to ATF one year. I  won't have work holding me back any longer, Monday was my last day. I'm now retired!

karengramke

« Reply #1409 on: July 21, 2021, 08:51:03 PM »

Thanks for the beautiful pictures nw!  Glad you are home an seemingly in good shape.
How many folks were at the event.   The pictures do not show them and it looks empty.