Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Decorah Eagles 2021  (Read 8622 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Decorah Eagles 2021
« Reply #345 on: February 21, 2021, 08:26:26 AM »

Mom & DM2 beakering, and Mom getting a lil frisky

tigeag

« Reply #346 on: February 21, 2021, 08:37:54 AM »

Great pics Lisa!

tigeag

« Reply #347 on: February 21, 2021, 08:38:55 AM »

:)

LisaG1967

« Reply #348 on: February 21, 2021, 08:42:54 AM »

Great pics Lisa!

Great set of pics too, tig!

tigeag

« Reply #349 on: February 21, 2021, 10:35:45 AM »

STLbf

« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2021, 11:40:57 AM »

Great pics this morning, all!  Maybe they are setting up a summer home? Who cares, it's just good to see Mom and DM2 and whoever else comes to visit this nest.

lilbirdz

« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2021, 11:42:59 AM »

I've had the Forum set up on my Chrome shortcut page for years. On Friday I first noticed a 404 Error message saying that the page didn't exist or had been moved. I came in through the Forum menu at the top, but only after several attempts to log in.
Is Mrs. Falcon aware that a problem might exist for some people?

In any case, I am glad I was able to see the recent pictures of Mom and DM2 "courting" I wonder why they still bring in sticks to NB2, probably to protect their territory or keep it as an Air B & B. I will be following the North nest, but, like everyone else I miss Mom and DM2 and hope that we can see their 2022 clutch up close and personal.

LisaG1967

« Reply #352 on: February 21, 2021, 11:50:26 AM »

lilbirdz - You might want to send Amy/Mrs Falcon a message and let her know your issue.  I have trouble logging on using my iPad and iPhone, but not my Windows pc.

STL - Great captures.  :)

T40cfr403

« Reply #353 on: February 21, 2021, 11:54:58 AM »

lil - Sounds like it's time to make a new shortcut/bookmark! This forum looks identical to the "old" one, but it's been moved to a new server and has a new address. Out with the old and in with the new and you should be able to access it fine the way you're used to.
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

3spaniels

« Reply #354 on: February 21, 2021, 12:23:52 PM »

I've had the Forum set up on my Chrome shortcut page for years. On Friday I first noticed a 404 Error message saying that the page didn't exist or had been moved. I came in through the Forum menu at the top, but only after several attempts to log in.

lil, I had the same problem all weekend with threads I have "notify" turned on for.  The email notices that I received prior to around February 14 no longer worked when I clicked on them--I got that dreaded 404 error.
After both my husband and I compared old and new links, and reading that Amy did some moving around/maintenance, what I did to fix this was sort of messy, but the only thing we thought to do over the weekend.  It turns out that the old link received in the "notify" for the Decorah thread resembled:  https://www.raptorresource.org/forum/index.php?topic=2688.new;topicseen#new   and the link for Decorah when accessed directly out of the Forum when logged in is:  https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2687.new;topicseen#new .    Please notice the "extra" /raptorresource/ after the .org in this new link.  So, while logged in to the Forum, I clicked on each thread I have "notify" turned on for, and set it to "unnotify" and then immediately again to "notify".  This got it knowing I have read the new link and got it going to again send me email "notify" notices with the correct link in it.
Some folks who know a better way, or that knew what happened, are probably laughing at what I did, but it was the only thing I could think of to do!
I couldn't figure out how something worked a few days ago for so many threads all of the sudden was giving the 404 error!
Sorry for the long, drawn out explanation, but I'm sure others might have been wondering the same thing.
If there was a better way to fix this, I'd be glad to hear it!!

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: February 21, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »

Thanks for the answers to lil and anyone else. The forum changed locations, as several of you pointed out, from ratorresource.org/forum to raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum. I will set up a redirect, but change your bookmarks if you have them.

Amy

lilbirdz

« Reply #356 on: February 21, 2021, 04:24:22 PM »

Thank you Lisa, T40, 3spaniels, and mrsfalcon. As a techno-moron, I took great comfort in knowing that I was not alone and that there was a perfectly logical explanation. I have already removed the deadwood and posted the new thumbnail on my Chrome shortcut page. Life is good again.  :)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #357 on: February 21, 2021, 05:22:00 PM »

Thanks for the answers to lil and anyone else. The forum changed locations, as several of you pointed out, from ratorresource.org/forum to raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum. I will set up a redirect, but change your bookmarks if you have them.

Amy

Thank you so much MrsFalcon!!!  ((Amy))
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #358 on: February 21, 2021, 05:30:01 PM »

I have been checking in on them everyday and never see them... I can't believe my eyes!  Are they back home now? Happy dance!!!  Great pics & info Miss Lisa, stl, T40, Tig & all!!!  I thought maybe I was accidently in the archive thread for 2020! lol  ;)  They better boogie because Mom will need to lay eggs soon I am sure! Check out DNN she is covered with snow, lots of pics in DNN thread to see  ;)  Take care all!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
« Reply #359 on: February 21, 2021, 08:23:55 PM »

I'm not really thrilled about the changes. We paid money for (basic) migration and the ISP screwed up the most basic thing they could screw up! My choices: argue with the ISP to get them to fix it or cut everything over myself and fix the problems. I chose to do the later because February  ::) ! I'll keep working on the problems as I encounter them and feel free to post or email! I don't always answer email right away, especially if I'm really busy, but I do see them and look into the problems.

Thanks for the captures, everyone! <3

Amy