Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Captiva Eagles Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida  (Read 13867 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Captiva Eagles Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida
« on: December 14, 2020, 10:02:15 PM »

Captiva Eagles  home of Connie & Joe new camera located Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida
They have 2 Eggs: 1st Egg Laid- Nov 4th & 2nd Egg Laid- Nov 8th
35 days incubation will be Dec 9th and 13th.

Keep going little one!!!

They have a camera and chat here... someone may have posted it already, I am a little behind today ;)
https://naturechat.org/captiva-eagle-cam/
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
Re: Captiva Eagles Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 10:03:04 PM »

Look who decided to join us this morning!!!
Congratulations Captiva Eagles, Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida Connie & Joe 2 hatches!!

shortly after...  8)

Cams: 3 cams, this is the only view for now.
LIVECAM https://youtu.be/QVMt9Ae96m
https://naturechat.org/captiva-eagle-cam/
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 07:29:52 PM »

Captiva Eagles  home of Connie & Joe located Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida

Precious lil ones!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Raleigheagle

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 06:36:23 AM »

Both hatched on the same day. Wow. Time for the bonking to begin.

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 11:30:31 PM »

Captiva Eagles home of Connie & Joe and the lil's new camera located Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida

I'm big!!!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 06:58:04 PM »

Captiva Eagles  home of Connie & Joe new camera located Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida

Snack time for cute lils...
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 02:26:52 AM »

Captiva Eagles home of Connie & Joe located Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida
Connie feeding her lil's today!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 08:28:01 PM »

Captiva Eagles Florida Home of Connie, Joe & lils...

Today Connie was moving a stick for about an hour it seemed, then, one of  the eaglet said, "Mom, let me try to find a spot". They are learning to balance on their Yellow feet pretty good sitting up!.

My apologies my gif software is having issues since some changes, I am trying to fix it.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 03:29:37 AM »

Captiva Island Eagles home of Connie, Joe & little ones Peace & Hope.

The following is a message from Lori Covert the owner via Instagram 1/13/21
Many of you have commented that Peace does not appear to be doing well. This seems to be the case. (Peace is the smaller eaglet cuddled up to Connie). He appears to be lethargic and he is not eating well. At this point we have not seen any indication that more fishing line is involved. As such, we are not able to intervene. Whatever is happening...it seems to be a natural situation. As such, all we can do is pray for the little guy.

Someone posted this photo onhdontap.com Captiva Cam View yesterday...she indicated that "she noticed more fishing line in the nest today when the camera zoomed in around 3:15pm".
So, apparently, this fish line had not been recovered from the nest prior. We will find out more soon hopefully. Prayers for you Peace!!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 01:54:50 PM »

Update on Captiva Eagles home of Connie & Joe  & little ones "Peace" & "Hope" new camera located Captiva/Sanibel Island, Florida

Unfortunately, we have lost our little one "Peace". Peace was a precious eaglet who is loved by many.  You will be missed sweet little one!  :'( :'(  Rest in Peace and fly high little one!
Peace and Hope having snack with Mom Connie

For little one"Peace"
To our lil one "Peace", rest in peace lil one ❤️
Little angels with Eagle wings
To fly high and watch over
The nests that we see
And the ones that we never
To soar high in human hearts
And bring peace in our pain
Fly free, little "Peace"
Reach for the heavens, fly through the rain
On your Eagle wings so strong
Rejoice with those brave before you
You are our Eagle guardian angel
The love you leave will see us through.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 07:08:21 PM »

Captiva Eagle Cam Home of Connie & Joe & little one Hope!! Cutest video ever!

Look how big she's getting!!!

AEF Captiva ~ Hope Practicing Wingercising & Cute Closeups! Connie Feeds Sushi Breakfast 1.20.21https://youtu.be/c_fzJDRvUGQvia ladyhawk
Hope is showing off with some wingercising this morning! Joe arrives with a nice fish & Connie will feed Hope a couple hours later! Cute closeups of Hope sitting up with a full crop and then laying down and and even accepting another bite of fish. Hope is alert and is eating well today as we continue to watch and observe those leg tremors!

News on Hope...
Hope ate a large fish this morning and has a full crop and laid down on the nest to rest. Leg tremors can be seen again in Hope's left leg. It also appears that Hope's left wing twitches a litte (or it might be because the left leg was trembling). Yesterday I did a video showing tremors in Hope's right leg - now they are seen in her left leg. CROW is aware of these tremors and is observing Hope at this time. I do hope this is nothing serious but we need to observe her closely for any behavioral changes. via ladyhawk https://youtu.be/-G9n20wYTJI
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 09:40:47 PM »

Captiva Island Eagle Cam home of Connie & Joe & Little one "Hope"

Hope the Captiva baby is ok.  I am afraid to look!

Karen & Beakers here are a couple pics from today and little one tonight all tucked in ;)

Goodnight little Hope

Dad bringing in huge grass delivery today... one cam view.

Dad bringing in huge grass delivery today different view and does the dadbrella with Hope :)  She then "helps" with nestorations, she is very good at it!

Connie or Joe bringing some fish for dinner tonight...

Hope learning how to stand and walk, she has started wingersizing also!  Good job Hope!

Rest in Peace little one named "Peace".  Joe the Dad removed Peace from the nest today.  Peace passed away on January 14th... fly high precious little one, we love you!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:43:41 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 06:57:13 PM »

Captiva Bald Eagles Sanibel Islands, FL home of Connie & Joe and our little "Hope"

I am keeping an eye on sweet little Hope.
Hi, a few of you asked about Hope and how she is doing.  She seems to be doing OK just by watching her.  I do not have any official documentation on her status. I did find the following photograph and comment today on BCAW forum.  Just wanted to share.

Hope stands up well on their feet stretching wings

The following was posted on the BCAW forum via SWINWK this afternoon. https://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2655&start=60

Hope does seem to be having problems with possibly both legs. The number one thing I notice is the constant slight swaying motion of her body when she is standing. Sometimes when she walks it is only for short distances and then she plops down or crouches. I saw her once use both wings to assist to stand and a couple times saw her throw out a wing to maintain balance. Sometimes the start of an activity such as preening seems to throw her off balance and she aborts the attempt and sometimes not. It's difficult to see what her legs are doing with the cam set above and looking downward. Will try to dig for information in a few minutes.

After digging for info it becomes as clear as mud. Without viewing daily or daily documentation here of Hope it is difficult to discern. Some think she just started walking this week and she has not developed complete strength in those muscles as yet. Some say she has developed a tremor in her legs and are fearful this may be from rat poisoning, others think the tremor is d/t newly used and developing muscles in her legs. Lady Hawk has 2 videos of yesterday and the night before that of what seems to be a resting tremor at intervals. She was concerned enough that she decided to send the videos to CROW for review. Said she would post if she heard anything back. I was unable to find any official documentation from Conner or AEF on the matter.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2021, 11:52:09 PM »

Captiva Eagles Home of Connie, Joe & little Hope.

I do not know what's wrong little girl but we will say a prayer for you and hoping we see the sunshine on your precious little face tomorrow morning!  :'(
Here is Hope earlier today :-*

This photo is from tonight.   :-\

This was posted tonight...
Hope Bleeding - Moderate Blood Seen Right Leg, Foot and Under Wing - Jan 23, 2021 - Captiva Eagles  https://youtu.be/x7-Q7zDGrLs via Deb Stecyk
Moderate bleeding seen on Hope's right foot, leg and when she moved underneath her wing could be a blood feather rupture.  I sent video to CROW and AEF and to Lori too.  It is late in Florida and after hours if anyone has a cell number for CROW please call them.  I left message on their main phone line.
Captiva Bald Eagles
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2021, 09:30:38 AM »

New season has begun!!!  Will have an update soon...💕
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl