Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Great Spirit Bluff Falcons, Dresbach, MN  (Read 10830 times)

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
Re: Great Spirit Bluff Falcons, Dresbach, MN
« Reply #1050 on: December 31, 2020, 02:29:00 PM »

Thanks Lisa!  Interesting...always thought coyotes had dens for winter camping!   :) ;)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

LisaG1967

« Reply #1051 on: December 31, 2020, 03:12:45 PM »

Thanks Lisa!  Interesting...always thought coyotes had dens for winter camping!   :) ;)

You're welcome.   :)

STLbf

« Reply #1052 on: December 31, 2020, 03:17:18 PM »

Coyote pair have been having a lazy day since mid-morning, and they are still there at 3PM (live just before this post).

First pic shows their location, near the highway, kinda straight down from the nest box site. See 2 tiny dots at the bottom of the yellow line on the pic. There they are when the cam op zooms in.

In one pic (noon), one coyote is standing. Just behind on the rewind, there might be a den opening. They nap and rouse, nap and rouse, just gathering in the sunshine.

Lovely to enjoy on this last (finally) day of 2020.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1053 on: December 31, 2020, 03:28:09 PM »

Great captures of coyotes today Lisa & STLBF!  Thanks for heads up eburg!!!  In my gif they look like foxes but in the close ups you can tell they are coyotes.  :-[

GSB today... napping coyotes
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 03:29:46 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

STLbf

« Reply #1054 on: December 31, 2020, 03:39:31 PM »

Lori, Thanks for the gif. If you Google "Coyote vs Fox" you'll see that foxes have black edgings on their ears and lots more white around the face & chest.  These coyotes blend in perfectly with the fallen leaves.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1055 on: December 31, 2020, 03:42:41 PM »

Lori, Thanks for the gif. If you Google "Coyote vs Fox" you'll see that foxes have black edgings on their ears and lots more white around the face & chest.  These coyotes blend in perfectly with the fallen leaves.

Thanks STL ;)  On my tiny screen with my gif it looks like the black part is the tail and tips of ears and red also... but my graphic card needs updated drivers, the colors are wrong... lol ;)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl