Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2020  (Read 23842 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Cheers 2020
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2020, 11:11:14 PM »

I can't remember if I already posted about it here, but there was a water main break affecting my 4-bldg courtyard of townhomes, and it finally got fixed yesterday.  Yay!  They didn't have to turn off the water for too long to replace the broken section, thankfully.  It must have been a bad day for problems with utilities though...  Unrelated to the water main break, we also had a total power outage yesterday that affected a fairly large area around me... and that took about 4 hours to fix.  Whew.

G'night Cheerios.  Stay safe and warm, and sleep in peace and comfort.  SED.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2020, 08:16:29 AM »

How Horrible Baz.  AT least all fixed now.   We are having Spring today will be in 60's and may hit 70 tomorrow. Finally the apartment complex is having them rake up al the rest of the leaves. 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2020, 09:06:35 AM »

gm
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

baziunc

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2020, 02:09:48 PM »

#1, but they're all good ones.  Thanks, LBL:)  Oh, it wasn't really all that bad "The Day the Utilities Died."    ;D 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U - Don McLean- "American Pie" (with Lyrics)

Happy Day, Cheerios!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

T40cfr403

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2020, 04:20:43 PM »

Press Room
Audubon: Congress Must Pass New Bird Protection Bill

Our bird emergency requires urgent action.

Click on Audubon's link below and then click the "Take Action" box.
https://www.audubon.org/news/audubon-congress-must-pass-new-bird-protection-bill

"16TH CONGRESS 2ND SESSION H.R. 5552 - To  amend  the  Migratory  Bird  Treaty  Act  to  affirm  that  the  Migratory  Bird  Treaty  Act's  prohibition  on  the  unauthorized  take  or  killing  of  migratory  birds  includes  incidental  take  by  commercial  activities,  and  to  direct  the  United  States  Fish  and  Wildlife  Service  to  regulate  such  incidental take, and for other purposes."

https://lowenthal.house.gov/sites/lowenthal.house.gov/files/Migratory_Birds_1-8-2020.pdf

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2020, 08:01:36 PM »

night

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 06:40:27 PM »

jicaji

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2020, 12:32:13 PM »

LB...#1 posted on the 13th :)
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

baziunc

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2020, 07:49:57 PM »

Hi Cheerios!  :)

I've been away from Forum for a few days - except I checked in at the Beak Room last night for the first time in Forum in several days, and learned of the sad unexpected death of the little eaglet, E14, in the SWFL nest - Harriet and M15's nest.  :( :'(  RIP sweet little E14.

So I never made over to Cheers last night.

Thank you, T40.  I hope it will bring about significant protections.

Hi LBL and jicaji and ssrl, and all who read here! I'm waving to you all!   :D

I'm just checking in to say hello to everyone.  I hope all in the path of the winter weather issues will stay safe and warm.

G'night Cheerios.  Peace and Comfort. SED.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2020, 07:53:40 PM »

Thanx for checking in Baz :D
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2020, 04:00:58 PM »

Hi!! snowing will only get 1-3in before turning to rain

baziunc

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2020, 09:38:12 PM »

#1.

LBL, it sounds like you will maybe get just enough snow to enjoy for the weekend, and then maybe it wil be gone by the time you need to get back to work.  Do you get Monday off for the holiday?

Happy Saturday, Cheerios!   :)

I hope everyone stays warm and safe, and enjoys the weekend!  :)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2020, 09:07:42 AM »

Paulie do you ever have a "normal quiet"day? 
Nope!  ;)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2020, 09:19:44 AM »

Good morning, not even an inch. It was pretty while it lasted.   :D  I am down 81lbs. I think this is the most weight I ever lost in all my years of yoyo dieting but never weighted this much.  I'm feeling better except knees are still.  so stiff going to a gym tomorrow night to get evaluated for going to get supervised training with other bariatric people.   Its for 8 weeks 2x a week plus 1 day in a general group training class.   Baz not off tomorrow 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2020, 09:31:56 AM »

Hi LB, jicaji, julie, baz, Tig, ssrl and all.

Very sad news about Horst. God bless him.

My last post was Jan 1st. Much going on with family. My two oldest granddaughters 12 and 10 have been living with me since end of December. I've resumed the school and home routine schedule I had years ago when raising my four children. Things are going well with girls. Helping the 10 yr old with homework takes time as she's not a fan of school or homework but school has told me she's improved since living here. The 12 yr old's Jan 30 has been postponed till June which is not good. Her mother neglected to schedule (and I urged her continually to no avail) to schedule pre-surgical inoculations for splenectomy because mass on spleen is growing at a faster rate. I'm still praying that my prayers are answered that with this delay somehow healing will take place so no surgery needed. I don't and won't give up. Prayers are powerful.   

Some happy smiling news. My youngest granddaughter 5 yr skated onto the ice with her junior hockey team last night at the Hershey Bears Hockey Game. Some of the kids slipped and fell (as does happen with her too) but she skated around them moving her hockey stick out of the way and kept on going. lol She was chosen for an on-ice interview. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up she said "a doctor". The crowd irrupted with cheers. Was very cool. But the reason was because being that the game was in Hershey PA (not far from my home) where Penn State Hershey Medical Hospital is located and Gracie lives and attends school the stadium had many doctors, interns etc in attendance. She then just skated off the ice. She was awesome for a 5yr old.  :)

I'm making a big pot of filled/stuffed peppers, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes today for some family to come visit and relax. It snowed and sleeted here yesterday and Brrrr cold so today's a good day to stay inside, eat and just chill out.

I hope everyone is doing good. I'll try to stay in touch more often.
Take care,
Paulie