Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2020  (Read 45383 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2020
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2020, 04:00:58 PM »

Hi!! snowing will only get 1-3in before turning to rain

[attachment deleted by admin]
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2020, 09:07:42 AM »

Paulie do you ever have a "normal quiet"day? 
Nope!  ;)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2020, 09:19:44 AM »

Good morning, not even an inch. It was pretty while it lasted.   :D  I am down 81lbs. I think this is the most weight I ever lost in all my years of yoyo dieting but never weighted this much.  I'm feeling better except knees are still.  so stiff going to a gym tomorrow night to get evaluated for going to get supervised training with other bariatric people.   Its for 8 weeks 2x a week plus 1 day in a general group training class.   Baz not off tomorrow 

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2020, 09:31:56 AM »

Hi LB, jicaji, julie, baz, Tig, ssrl and all.

Very sad news about Horst. God bless him.

My last post was Jan 1st. Much going on with family. My two oldest granddaughters 12 and 10 have been living with me since end of December. I've resumed the school and home routine schedule I had years ago when raising my four children. Things are going well with girls. Helping the 10 yr old with homework takes time as she's not a fan of school or homework but school has told me she's improved since living here. The 12 yr old's Jan 30 has been postponed till June which is not good. Her mother neglected to schedule (and I urged her continually to no avail) to schedule pre-surgical inoculations for splenectomy because mass on spleen is growing at a faster rate. I'm still praying that my prayers are answered that with this delay somehow healing will take place so no surgery needed. I don't and won't give up. Prayers are powerful.   

Some happy smiling news. My youngest granddaughter 5 yr skated onto the ice with her junior hockey team last night at the Hershey Bears Hockey Game. Some of the kids slipped and fell (as does happen with her too) but she skated around them moving her hockey stick out of the way and kept on going. lol She was chosen for an on-ice interview. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up she said "a doctor". The crowd irrupted with cheers. Was very cool. But the reason was because being that the game was in Hershey PA (not far from my home) where Penn State Hershey Medical Hospital is located and Gracie lives and attends school the stadium had many doctors, interns etc in attendance. She then just skated off the ice. She was awesome for a 5yr old.  :)

I'm making a big pot of filled/stuffed peppers, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes today for some family to come visit and relax. It snowed and sleeted here yesterday and Brrrr cold so today's a good day to stay inside, eat and just chill out.

I hope everyone is doing good. I'll try to stay in touch more often.
Take care,
Paulie 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2020, 09:36:33 AM »

Hi LB, Awesome news about your weight loss. Kudos to you!! Sorry about your stiff knees. Sore stiff knees are a pain in the butt for sure! You're doing great. Best wishes for your scheduled training and class. You can do this! And you already are!  :) ;)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2020, 09:38:04 AM »

#3.

Gotta go. Later all. Take care.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »

Good morning baz, Thank you and thanks for the hugs. I love hugs and will take all I can get.  :) We had football on TV here yesterday too. Full tummies for all + football = a pleasant time and also wanting to Zzzzz lol  Your watching football and tennis sounds pleasant too.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2020, 08:55:11 AM »

Good morning everyone,

No school today so I slept in. Yay! Much needed before early wake up school routine tomorrow. Bitter cold here but the sun's shining brightly. Love the sun.
Everyone stay warm in these cold cold temps and have a good day. I'm counting down the days to spring/summer.  ;D
Take care.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2020, 10:11:06 AM »

Hugs Paulie
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2020, 11:26:28 AM »

Hi Tig, Aww thank you. How's your foot? I believe you were having issues with? Maybe knee? Both? I like your avatar.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2020, 11:28:53 AM »

Hey all! Guess what!! 2 BEs just flew over and very near my house circling and riding the thermals!! The one much lower to easily see its gorgeous white head and tail feathers. Oh boy!  :)

..... and can you tell I'm enjoying my free time while the girls are busy playing video games? LOL  ;D

Later ....

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2020, 01:46:03 PM »

Hi Tig, Aww thank you. How's your foot? I believe you were having issues with? Maybe knee? Both? I like your avatar.
Paulie... there will be swelling issues for quite some time, but the slight pain is bearable and I can do most things without a cane. Now I need to get back to mucho exercise to get strong.
Thanx
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 10:29:41 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2020, 08:04:50 PM »

You are sure busy Paulie!!!!  I wsh I had your energy to do all you do

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2020, 09:05:07 PM »

Paulie... there will be swelling issues for quite some time, but the slight pain is bearable and I can do most things without a cane. Now I need to get back to mucho exercise to get strong.
Thanx
Hi Tig, Geez! I had no clue about swelling issue for quite some time! Good to hear the pain is slight and bearable. Still not pleasant tho. Excellent you can do most things w/o a cane. I'm betting you will definitely do the mucho exercise tho. You sound determined. Take it easy doing it.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2020, 09:08:47 PM »

You are sure busy Paulie!!!!  I wsh I had your energy to do all you do
Hi LB, Yep to busy (not bad for 70 years young and I plan to keep it that way) and it washed out some plans I had during this winter but we all do what we gotta do. You do too. You've accomplished a lot yourself!! Don't sell yourself short. I think you are doing awesome.