Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2020  (Read 171939 times)

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
Re: Beak Room 2020
« Reply #19845 on: December 31, 2020, 04:32:37 PM »

Good Afternoon

Stayed busy and started counting more today,  went fast again! Yay the Snow is staying South of us! Hmm then coming up to hit Chicago maybe tomorrow?

KB Love the Fish Owl, it's feathers look like it fishes..lol Mmm leftover Chili.. What sides for you? Tower eggs soon?? Sorry about all the Tech problems..Ugh Poor lil Ollie Man  :-\ Oh my Gosh that Wisconsin health care employee needs also to be arrested and charged with Tampering or something..Thats Crazy!
CLYNN I don't know why we were so cold this morning. My phone said -2 and it sure felt it! Its 28 now with a feel of 19.. Still cold.. So Talon was established and Bella came along..Lol.. Oh funny Bella with old phone calling Grandma.. Grateful and Blessed to have a cup in the first place, right  :) MN DNR   nest looks good.
KAREN IDK.. NYE isn't what is used to be, Just dinner out with 1 couple,  same couple we get together with every Wednesday.. Our Bars and Restaurants are back up to regular closing hours as of 3 weeks ago, so our counts
must have leveled.. We still wear masks in and remove at table.. Sounds like you  are set, hoping you don't run out of sweets! Lol
EBURG Happy New Year to you,  and other than work , and home,  well and Gricery store etc, I guess we still go out once a week to eat.. It is what it is .. We are as safe as can be, just don't want to stop living..
TSK It did help  :)
LANI Thanks! Hope to  :) Cute Upside-down  Snowman   :)
PEEP SO messed up yes..
LISA Mmm your Quiche sounds delicious,  so do your dips, well not fond of Shrimp dip, but the Taco and your Lil Smokies sound sound good,  I haven't tried Cranberry and Chili sauce, I have done Grapevine Jelly and Chili Sauce.. Hmm its sounds great!
PUFF Ya no, lol Saturday Home? Fuhgeddaboudit..hehe.. We are safe, we avoid crowds and take precautions.. We just like to go out..  :)
JILL  :) GOOD is in Jail!
TIG Snackies sound great!
MASS Perfect  :)
LORI Great pics of  Eagles  :) Oooh Thanks for Penny pics for LILBRO,  she's really is growing!

NOT Sure about TIGs Tortilla Roll ups, but I use 16 Oz Softened Cream Cheese , chopped Green Onion, A little T TINY can of red Pimento and 1 same size can of Green Chilis.. and 3/4 c Ranch dressing, and a cup of shredded cheese..All Mixed up and spread on tortillas, roll up and cut.. SO good.. SO many ways I've also done Chicken Fahita ones..
🦅🇺🇸💓

kbshcb

« Reply #19846 on: December 31, 2020, 04:37:11 PM »

Grocery delivery is no guarantee. You don't know if the employee or employees gathering the groceries actually followed safe practices or left your groceries on the floor before packing them up. I would rather take them off the shelf myself, from the back. When I get in my car I immediately sanitize me and everything with sanitizer, including my purse handles, door, keys, etc.

Peep: I believe fomite transmission has been mostly poo pooed...meaning virus not that stable/transmissable by surface contamination. My delivery peeps still wear gloves and leave far away from front door...I hand sanitize after bringing in house but I believe strongly this is over kill...It's mostly transmissable by what's called aerosolized...meaning hanging out in the air. by droplets or smaller particles...
I have no idea how my neighbor got it nor does she but facts support grocery shopping for them anyway.
Just trying to make people aware of details

jilltosa

« Reply #19847 on: December 31, 2020, 04:40:25 PM »

Pink A pharmacist: recklessly endangering, tampering with a prescription, criminal damaging property.

kbshcb

« Reply #19848 on: December 31, 2020, 04:41:35 PM »

Pink - I believe the Towers might be incubating eggs..so 35 days is average before pip. I figure 5 days have transpired already so in about a month I will watch to see if they sorta disappear like they have in the past once eggs hatch...then I'll know for sure, looking backwards that that's what happened and I'll calendar it..
I've been watching them for almost or 10 years, and documenting. This does seem a little early but like everyone says nothing is the same this year...

Sides tonight were ceasar salad with accoutrements and also shaved brussel sprouts and snap peas combo....and left over garlic toast with the chili.
Very hardy....My son needs to put on weight....we are still trying...he's promised to weigh himself tomorrow to make sure he hasn't lost more...
Stress is what's getting him...

PeepSpy

« Reply #19849 on: December 31, 2020, 04:43:10 PM »

That's  true, KB, but people can sneeze on surfaces and we don't know for sure how long it can stay live. There us much we don't  know yet. Why do some people get it severely while others have no symptoms? Why does one spouse get it and the other in close contact doesn't? Very, very strange bug!  :o
Give Thanks 🦃🍗🍠🌰🥔

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #19850 on: December 31, 2020, 04:59:44 PM »

Thanks for all the nests updated, wildlife sightings and Joey report.  That is a darling pose in today's Penny pic! I luv it. Been
raining here the last two days.  The 2nd Ave. Christmas bombing is really getting interesting. It never would have happened if the
culprit hadn't blocked the police inspection in 2019 with an attorney.  His girlfriend was brave and deligent in her tip off.

Pink Glad  your work day went well.

Peep  Ditto the grocery store delivery. Everything that comes into my house I spray with Lysol. And, I don't fret one iota. Been doing this for 40 years...coats, shoes gloves, hats;pet carrier, etc.  Your beliefs aren't wrong no matter what  some medically educated folks may say.

Jilltosa thanks for Grafton Hospt. update. I had heard  about this  atrocious act on FNC this AM.
Lori coyotes at rest.luv it.
T40 thanks for the New Year's celebration links from around the world. Are you on Twitter?
Tsk  Dr. Fauci   ::) 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 05:12:13 PM by Phyliz »
'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

'A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.'
Edwin Way Teale

Phyl

« Reply #19851 on: December 31, 2020, 05:01:25 PM »

'Which is more beautiful — feline movement or feline stillness?' Elizabeth Hamilton

Edwin Way Teale

kbshcb

« Reply #19852 on: December 31, 2020, 05:07:52 PM »

That's  true, KB, but people can sneeze on surfaces and we don't know for sure how long it can stay live. There us much we don't  know yet. Why do some people get it severely while others have no symptoms? Why does one spouse get it and the other in close contact doesn't? Very, very strange bug!  :o

Immune response is a big part of it...over reactive immune systems esp. and those with a predisposition to throwing clots ie, diabetes, copd, heart disease and obesity...these probably contribute to much of the diversity of response to the virus. Still learning more, but these are known right now.

sneeze/coughs left on surfaces do not contribute to the spread unless a doc or nurse unprotected in the same room which doesn't happen. This has been proven to be a non issue for the most part.

What does matter  is indoor air....if every indoor environment had negative air pressure HVAC systems with hepa filters this would help...I thought I'd posted some literature on this but maybe not. In other words Peep the virus lingers in the air to infect other's not the surfaces.
I feel sorry for many restaurants that spent thousands and thousands for negative air pressure systems and still left bankrupt...Not many went that far, but hospitals have, assisted living and other congregate settings like senior apts. and nursing homes for the most part have NOT

Phyl

« Reply #19853 on: December 31, 2020, 05:09:56 PM »

Sauces Canyon Bald Eagle Cam...California

https://www.raptorresource.org/forum/index.php?topic=1821.new;topicseen#new

'Hi you two"

1:21 pm pst

"They're like mimes"

" I'm speaking."

Edwin Way Teale

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #19854 on: December 31, 2020, 05:17:10 PM »

Well, I go to the grocery store at the Senior Hour when it is not crowded, I have never ordered groceries delivered...lots of stores (like Kohl's) have curbside pick up and I
have done that when I didn't have enough for free shipping. I have been in Kohl's a few times, but I stay away from everyone, with two masks on...a disposable one then
a cloth one. Lots of hand sanitizer. Somewhere I read that the chance of virus transmission is 1.5% if both people are masked. Don't know if it's true...

We are having shrimp, eggrolls, pigs in a blanket, french fries and I have a salad that no one will eat but me...  ;D ;D  I will be up at midnight, but will most likely take a nap
before then...  ;D ;D

Pink, it's not Grandma, it's Grama (like Gray ma) that Bella calls me, it's so funny! She calls her brother Gog-Oh, don't know how she came up with that from 'brother',
but you know, after listening to a toddler talk, anything is possible!

kb,   Isn't it way too early for the Towers to lay an egg?  I remember the sad year DNR laid their eggs in and they brooded them forever, it was so sad...

T40, love the fire works in Australia on the bridge!

Lori, lilbro, oh that Penny is so cute, love the two teeth! What's the story on her nickname, the Gerb?

EGG!!!!!!!!!! 2020 American Eagle Foundation Eagles. Samson & Gabby!!

From Lesley the Bird Nerd

How 2020 ends...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 06:06:13 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #19855 on: December 31, 2020, 05:26:51 PM »

Peep - Not only with packages, cards and letters but bills as well.  I am missing three bills that are due next week. 

tsk - Your hash brown and ham casserole sounds yummy. 

mass - Enjoy your dinner...Happy New Year!

Lori - It was cool to see those coyotes at GSB today!  Oh my gosh, Penny is the cutest!  Love your remembrance pics from GSB.  I've seen that owl, and even posted a pic in the thread.  It's big, and you are right it sure looks comfy in that nest box!

T40 - Thanks for the videos!

jilltosa - Did they every say, why the person did it? 

Pink - I have always done the grape jelly/chili sauce on meatballs and cocktail smokies.  I saw this on Pinterest, and had to try it.  I like the taste better than the grape jelly. 

kb - Dinner sounds yummy.

clynn - I have been meaning to tell you...I feel like Lesley the Bird Nerd!  ;D  I have been having lots of Bluejays and Cardinals in my backyard.  One day, I counted 8 Bluejays around my back tree.   Congrats to NEFL on their first egg!  Dinner sounds yummy at your house too!

Have a good night, Beakers....see ya in the New Year!  :-*

kbshcb

« Reply #19856 on: December 31, 2020, 05:52:35 PM »

Clynn - re: Towers...I wouldn't say it's Way too early but agree maybe early?
Still means they wouldn't even hatch till February....
Just observing their behavior: 2 perched for long periods twice a day for weeks on end. Now suddenly only 1 ever and shorter periods.?
That's why I think it's possible....time will tell though.
I'll report if I see them together again in the next month

Of course it's always possible something happened to one of them but I prefer not to go there just yet.

jilltosa

« Reply #19857 on: December 31, 2020, 06:01:14 PM »

Lisa They are still trying to find that out. They have not released his name yet. He has admitted doing it though.

ezee que

• Born Free
« Reply #19858 on: December 31, 2020, 06:25:27 PM »

Well, I go to the grocery store at the Senior Hour when it is not crowded, I have never ordered groceries delivered...lots of stores (like Kohl's) have curbside pick up and I
have done that when I didn't have enough for free shipping. I have been in Kohl's a few times, but I stay away from everyone, with two masks on...a disposable one then
a cloth one. Lots of hand sanitizer. Somewhere I read that the chance of virus transmission is 1.5% if both people are masked. Don't know if it's true...

We are having shrimp, eggrolls, pigs in a blanket, french fries and I have a salad that no one will eat but me...  ;D ;D  I will be up at midnight, but will most likely take a nap
before then...  ;D ;D

Pink, it's not Grandma, it's Grama (like Gray ma) that Bella calls me, it's so funny! She calls her brother Gog-Oh, don't know how she came up with that from 'brother',
but you know, after listening to a toddler talk, anything is possible!

kb,   Isn't it way too early for the Towers to lay an egg?  I remember the sad year DNR laid their eggs in and they brooded them forever, it was so sad...

T40, love the fire works in Australia on the bridge!

Lori, lilbro, oh that Penny is so cute, love the two teeth! What's the story on her nickname, the Gerb?

EGG!!!!!!!!!! 2020 American Eagle Foundation Eagles. Samson & Gabby!!

From Lesley the Bird Nerd

How 2020 ends...

I was exhausted waiting for this egg. Thanks Clynn. On their web site there's no mention of it. Strange site. I guess that's why their chat is called Discord.
Set you face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.      Old proverb.

ezee que

• Born Free
« Reply #19859 on: December 31, 2020, 06:29:40 PM »

Better picture.
Set you face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.      Old proverb.