Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2020  (Read 173811 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2020
« Reply #19830 on: December 31, 2020, 02:10:48 PM »

Tig, what are tortilla rollups?

LisaG1967

« Reply #19831 on: December 31, 2020, 02:22:32 PM »

tig - Your menu sounds good.  What do you put in your tortilla roll-ups? 

Puff - After speaking with you on the phone, I can literally hear you saying this.... Forget about it.  (Said with a NY accent.)  :D
I go out the house probably more than I should, but when I do go out its for gas, groceries, haircuts and the drive-thru for fast food. 
We are only ever around my son, BIL & SIL.

tsk - I think with that extra hour of sleep this morning, I might be able to make it till 12....aww, who I am kidding...I probably wont make it till 10!  ;D

PeepSpy

« Reply #19832 on: December 31, 2020, 02:27:17 PM »

I am thinking that maybe the post office has given the priority to packages and cards and letters have taken the back seat.  :-\
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #19833 on: December 31, 2020, 02:35:07 PM »

JILL  Sounds like a good system you have there.  Good neighbors are a treasure

PUFF  Can't remember the last time I stayed up for the change of the year.

TIG  Have a hash brown and ham casserole ready to reheat after mass.  Also a small little bottle of cham-pag-na ( SNL) with that for me.  Tim has leftover ribs which I expect he will knock off with that.
Chicagoland

masswatch

• Stop enjoy the beauty of nature
« Reply #19834 on: December 31, 2020, 02:38:42 PM »

Afternoon Everyone,

It's New Years Eve.  Yeah!!

I wish everyone a great new 2021!!

It's all quiet here, Jamey and I are having steaks with rice and blackberry merlot for dinner.  Yum

I hope everyone has a safe and quiet evening.
Masswatch  (Diane)

Mom (Love Her)
Dad (THE BEST - Forever in my Prayers)
Eagle Member April 2011

"Those Who Place Everything in God's Hands Eventually See God's Hands In Everything".

Puff

« Reply #19835 on: December 31, 2020, 03:02:01 PM »

Memories. . .(Insert note symbols)

It must have been 5 or 6 years ago when the mods set up a chain greeting for those around the globe.  The idea was. . .Beginning with Europe and finishing up in The Islands, each beaker upon the midnight hour in their area was to send out a "Happy New Year" greeting, along with an personal wish.  We had no one from Australia, but did have a couple wishes from Europe.  Those on the east coast would have a long wait to hear the msg from California people.  But there wasn't that many waiting up for or waiting to HNY from CA.  We did have a Han 'oli Maka Niki' Hou greeting from Hawaii.  (Did I get that right Lani?)  That was a fun unique way to celebrate!  Anyone still on who remembers that?

P   

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #19836 on: December 31, 2020, 03:18:22 PM »

Lori - Thanks for the morning goodies.  :-*  I did get the Christmas stuff down inside yesterday afternoon when Jeff got off work.  He is going to try and get the outside lights down today, before it starts to rain, but if not he will do that on Saturday.   I am glad you have been peeping in on DE, and yes it looks like they may be moving for the season.  I have been peeping in on Berry and chatting with the ladies there.  The new gal at Berry seems to be staying, and everyone is hoping for eggies from her.

Lisa & beakers, I hate taking the lights down too, my favorite part.  So peaceful. I hope Berry nest has a successful season and cute lils!  I will check in sometime.
GSB cam looks like an Owl couple might be laying eggs in the box now.  I have NEVER seen an Owl look so comfy perched there in the box before! I was surprised when they took Kira in 2019 & Floyd & Elise in 2020 how the owl went inside the nest box. I am thinking Michelle may be raising a family somewhere else due to her loss & also Nova .  I'll bet Newman comes back though.  I was kinda hoping the falcons find a better spot next season, to avoid anymore heartache.   :-\  Prayers for all of our raptor families!!!

Carson & Kira 2019

((Michelle))
2019-05-25 (20) by LORI DAVIS, on Flickr

Elise & Floyd 2020
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #19837 on: December 31, 2020, 03:25:20 PM »

GSB today... napping coyotes

close up via gsb thread
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 03:26:57 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

T40cfr403

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #19839 on: December 31, 2020, 03:32:35 PM »

Posting Penny Pics for Lilbro... cuteness!!!

The Gerb,!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 03:38:08 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #19841 on: December 31, 2020, 03:37:53 PM »

Forgot to mention this today:

Neighbor 2 doors up, a younger couple maybe mid 30's?...with 3 year old, have been my neighbors for around 6 years?....several short convo's over the years etc.

She came over last eve to deliver a Christmas card offering help since Scott has passed and mentioned from over 10 feet away that she had gotten Covid...am thinking about a month ago. Bottom line she and her husband both work from home since March in IT...no going to work and the only way she figures she could have gotten it is from her husband who went to grocery stores masked up etc......
Unless he/she didn't know the entire facts? she figures that's where he may have passed it to her and he was asymptomatic.

For those of you over 60? I worry about you all going to stores....don't know what else to think and I do believe there is still lots for us to learn about this virus and also that lots of detailed/important info is not available.
Maybe have your food delivered?
Also a friend of a friend died yesterday from it at 66....long attempt to save his life.

Happy New Years Eve all...

jilltosa

« Reply #19842 on: December 31, 2020, 03:55:14 PM »

kb Since I am an octogenarian my neighbor, who is a dr at the VA, has not wanted me going to the store -- unless she offers to take me. She told me my immune system is OLD. She does want me to keep her supplied with my cheesy snack crackers that she uses as croutons so she keeps me supplied with crackers. When she says she has crackers for me I know I need to make a batch. LOL

jilltosa

« Reply #19843 on: December 31, 2020, 04:05:11 PM »

Just heard on the news: the Grafton hospital employee has been fired and is in jail, charged with 3 felonies.

PeepSpy

« Reply #19844 on: December 31, 2020, 04:21:44 PM »

Grocery delivery is no guarantee. You don't know if the employee or employees gathering the groceries actually followed safe practices or left your groceries on the floor before packing them up. I would rather take them off the shelf myself, from the back. When I get in my car I immediately sanitize me and everything with sanitizer, including my purse handles, door, keys, etc.
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲