Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2020  (Read 217540 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2020
« Reply #19755 on: December 30, 2020, 07:46:13 AM »

A word from the other contingent . . . Tree stays up at least until Jan 9.  Right Lani?

Couple (3) reasons why:  One reason is because Ton and I got into tradition of starting every each year with a trip to somewhere.  Also had a tradition of a live tree.  Having a live tree, though, meant leaving a really dried out tree in an empty house for a length of time.  A bit dangerous, got smart and switched to artificial.  Leaving up tree gives kitties a nook they like sleeping under and on a soft tree skirt.  No danger leaving tree up 'til Valentine Day (Only kidding, never do that.) 

Have to add that we're now not going anywhere this year.  Things got cancelled this year for some reason.   :P  Had a trip on the books for Pasadena and the Rose Parade.  I always watch wherever I was/am.  Then there's all the choice football.   :'(  All got cancelled out from under my feet for some viral problem.  Guess they'll be returned to the bucket for 2021. (Know how you feel tig.)

Got myself a bottle of Five Farms for New Years Eve.  I'll give my critical review January 2.  Really, I mean really need a break.

P

PeepSpy

« Reply #19756 on: December 30, 2020, 07:47:31 AM »

Des Moines International Airport has reported 9.6" of snow.  Looks like it has stopped.  (I have always wondered why we have an international designation...  ::))
I hope the snow plows get started!

Lori, so glad your Dad turned around. He'll be kicking himself about the snowblower...

Good night Beakers!

I think it will take 5 years for the post office to catch up!  ::)
Welcome Spring! 🌸🌼🌷🍄

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #19757 on: December 30, 2020, 08:06:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning E4E, tsk, Lisa, lilbro, Phyl & Lani!

tsk, oh I hope you didn't get rain on top of the snow!  I looked out this morning and see that they did get our street plowed, evident by the 2' mountain at the end
of the driveway!  Neighbors one house down across the street have 4 young children, they played for several hours in the snow yesterday. They were having such fun,
brought back happy memories when we were young and loved the snow.., ;D

Lisa, I have never made pimento cheese and never will.  Don't care for pimentos at all!

Peeps, I agree about the Post Office, it is a mess! But I have received a couple of things on time!

Puff, yes, it's a totally different Christmas and New years for all! We will mostly be toasting with just our family!

Phyl, Harley and Honey love looking out the windows!  I got them a window perch so they can look out of our bedroom window, it overlooks the side yard and pine trees.

Lani, I remember those aluminum trees with the color wheel!  And the tinsel! Patience required, and Mom was always watching  to make sure you didn't glob it on. I quit
using it when I discovered that the cat was eating it and that it came out still shiny!  ::) ::) Wow, all the way to San Francisco, won't it be harder to look for a place from there?
Maybe there is a good job waiting for her in San Francisco...they say all things happen for a reason... The TCM Remembers was very good, do they do one every year?

Pink, congrats on your addition to the family! I love your term 'established 14 month old'...Bella was an 'established 7 month old' when Erin and Sydney married. Very
common these days. Would be interesting to know if these couples stay together longer, since they obviously have an idea of life with kids before they get married.

Lori, love the video of the Captiva kids, they sure do not look any worse for their experience! That Izzy sure looks like he must be starving.  ::) ::) Looked like he was pacing
before the food arrived, good that parent got out of the way FAST!

oldguy, that must be it about the airport, longer runway and goods coming in, because there are no passenger flights from other countries. It is a very small airport, only 4
gates and most are connection flights to larger airports plus a few popular warm spots like Phoenix, Las Vegas Florida.

FedEx transported the three cubs and their caregivers from California to the Columbus Zoo free of charge.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/fedex-helps-bring-3-mountain-lion-cubs-rescued-from-california-wildfires-to-ohio-zoo/34915125
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #19758 on: December 30, 2020, 08:10:02 AM »

Good Morning beakers!!!  Enjoy some fresh coffee with some yummy Apple Fritters!!! Have a good day all!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #19759 on: December 30, 2020, 08:12:29 AM »

Lori - cool on the 6pm dinner bell!...
tsk - yes, oldguy gave the correct answer on the correct usage of International for airport designation.

Morning all...Hard to say how much snow we got here. It snowed for a long time and mostly after dark....3-5 inches?
Doug already came and did a nice job on the front driveway including hand shoveling the semicircular Ollie man path....for necessary reasons!...
Ollie got us all up several? maybe 3-4 times last night gagging, eating snow, and vomiting twice.
Haven't a clue but for the rabbit poo he was able to find and eat until recent snow....I see more rabbit tracks in the back yard than Ollie tracks as I haven't gotten the previous ice up yet....

Will need naps around here today, making chili, and continuing work on re working our new router and modem....yuk.
https://youtu.be/9KDTPsGCLQ4?t=3
Clinton the dog and new friend Willow the baby donkey become fast friends...Very uplifting narration too..and of course, too cute!

PeepSpy

« Reply #19760 on: December 30, 2020, 08:34:39 AM »

Icy roads as it is still below freezing temperature. Will warm up and then more freezing rain Fri/Sat. I miss the days when we had a blanket of snow from November to March. Ice is the pits!  :P
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 08:36:52 AM by PeepSpy »
Welcome Spring! 🌸🌼🌷🍄

PeepSpy

« Reply #19761 on: December 30, 2020, 08:45:22 AM »

Welcome Spring! 🌸🌼🌷🍄

PeepSpy

« Reply #19762 on: December 30, 2020, 08:55:24 AM »

I just received my reinstatement email!  ;D
Welcome Spring! 🌸🌼🌷🍄

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #19763 on: December 30, 2020, 09:01:57 AM »

scitilopehtstitnowtion

Peep it won't just be the post office taking 5years to catch up...children in schools.  :(   Love Maxine, SIL's fave, too.
Clynn just lluv the story about the puma cubs being flown to Columbus  Zoo. 
Lori oh apple fritters / hot coffee yummy.Got a left over Christmas ham and cheddar cheese sand /hot coffee waiting for me  downstairs.
Pink hours today aren't too bad. How was it?   
#IStandWithUkraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #19764 on: December 30, 2020, 09:07:09 AM »

" bounce "
I think less than 3 inches here, that will melt by Tue. Yay!
Had one of my creative dinners last nite: leftover sliced carrots with butter n brown sugar, cheese n bacon hamburger patties w/ bbq sauce for him, leftover cheesy grits formed n fried.
HAGD
Tig
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #19765 on: December 30, 2020, 09:08:17 AM »

Nature 365:
Don't thank me for this one. I debated posting. But, actually think it's just a howling wind blowing over the snow.
https://www.nature365.tv/video/2020-12-30-first-blizzard
#IStandWithUkraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #19766 on: December 30, 2020, 09:19:32 AM »

Posting for karen...very good!  Christmas from Heaven: The Candy Bomber Story (Narrated by Tom Brokaw)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjz8yu5MWC0
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #19767 on: December 30, 2020, 09:33:15 AM »

Morning lilbro, Puff and E4E  :)

tig - Dinner sounded good. 

Phyliz - Love your "this year will be different"  ;D  Brrr, that Nature 365 video!

Peep - Yay!!!  Love those Maxine funnies! I think you may be right about the PO taking 5 years to catch up.  ;D

kb - So glad that your snow was cleared for you this morning.  I never take naps during the day, but today I might need a cat nap.  I did not sleep well at all last night. 
Chili sounds good for a cold snowy day. 

Lori - Man, I wish I had one of those apple fritters right now!

clynn - Love your good morning snowman!  Will make a note....no pimentos for you.  ;D  Thanks for the video from karen. 

Pink - Have a good day, stay warm!  :D

tsk - Yikes, that is alot.  Be careful if you have to shovel. 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #19768 on: December 30, 2020, 10:36:42 AM »

Peep, Lori and Beakers! This is a beautiful tribute and shows Joey's progress from beginning  :D

Joey the Sea Otter - A Tribute To Joey's Progress Thanks To All The Caregivers and Wigglers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9pr9kKPM8
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

PeepSpy

« Reply #19769 on: December 30, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »

Peep, Lori and Beakers! This is a beautiful tribute and shows Joey's progress from beginning  :D

Joey the Sea Otter - A Tribute To Joey's Progress Thanks To All The Caregivers and Wigglers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9pr9kKPM8

Sweet!  :D
Welcome Spring! 🌸🌼🌷🍄