Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2020  (Read 226865 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2020
« Reply #19725 on: December 29, 2020, 03:12:08 PM »

(( OG ))
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #19726 on: December 29, 2020, 03:12:35 PM »

Well, I made it back home safely as well...  The service was nice - masks required and every-other pew roped off - estimate of 50-60 present, but spread out well.  About half went to the cemetery as well - which was very short - stopped at the house briefly, and on the road home before the snow started... about 1 in on ground by the time I made it to the house.  Time to hibernate until some time tomorrow...

Glad you made it home safely oldguy, been wondering how you are today. Take care!  Snow started here about 2 hours ago or so...
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #19727 on: December 29, 2020, 04:37:20 PM »

Lori - I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad's best friend!  I hope your Dad drives safely to and from the services. 
I hope you and Ms. Destini are keeping warm!   :-*

((oldguy)) - Glad that you made it back safely, and that the service turned out nice for your brother.  Stay warm!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #19728 on: December 29, 2020, 04:43:46 PM »

CLYNN  It will be starting here soon.  Same here - tree goes upon the weekend after Thanksgiving and taken down New Years day+  With your tree's light show you certainly don't need ornaments.  Sounds cool.  I got the roadrunner!!  ;D  Sure do remember the candy cigarettes as well.

LISA  Will be starting any minute. News about 30 min ago showed a south western suburb snowing so hard you could not see buildings in their report.  It'll probably be snowing by the time I sign off tonight.

OLDGUY  Thanks for reporting in and glad you are safe.  How far away did you have to travel from your house?  Sounds like the church was very safe.

LORI  Yikes - wish maybe your Dad had chosen not to go.  Did anyone ride with him?
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #19729 on: December 29, 2020, 05:16:21 PM »

Wow, someone posted their pic, not the one above of this bird at Como zoo/park today.
Wonder what it's doing here?

LisaG1967

« Reply #19730 on: December 29, 2020, 05:30:23 PM »

kB - Pretty bird.  What kind?

Tsk - Stay warm!

Have a good night everyone.

kbshcb

« Reply #19731 on: December 29, 2020, 05:31:19 PM »

Sorry, Lisa...a mountain bluebird

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #19732 on: December 29, 2020, 06:03:38 PM »

KB  Pretty little bird

LISA  Snowing here now.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #19733 on: December 29, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »

Heavy band of snow going thru here again - just cleaned off the steps facing the East - bottom step is level with the snow on the ground - about 7 inches - the deck is 7.5  - big flakes at this time...
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #19734 on: December 29, 2020, 07:38:12 PM »

LORI  Yikes - wish maybe your Dad had chosen not to go.  Did anyone ride with him?

Thank goodness Dad turned around, he couldn't see the road and back roads here aren't plowed yet.  Not sure how much snow yet, just read OLDGUYS post and he said 7.5 or so... Dad put the snowblower under the back deck since we didn't need it last year! I guess he will have to snowplow his way to the fron!  Be safe everyone, it's a nasty storm.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #19735 on: December 29, 2020, 07:58:54 PM »

Des Moines International Airport has reported 9.6" of snow.  Looks like it has stopped.  (I have always wondered why we have an international designation...  ::))
I hope the snow plows get started!

Lori, so glad your Dad turned around. He'll be kicking himself about the snowblower...

Good night Beakers!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #19736 on: December 29, 2020, 08:20:11 PM »

Goodnight dear friends, SED's prayers for all.  Catching up from yesterday... take care & big hugs!

Ruby-hi there!
lilbro-adorbs pics of lil Penny!
Clynn- how are Honey & Harley? Love all the nest updates & munchkin pics & funnies. You rock! Love the Ninja, I see now which one you have, very cool!
kbs-you were talking about the 6o'clock bell before, in my home town they still have the city hall bells go off at 6pm... means kids get home for dinner!Good luck to Ollie at his appt Tuesday & safe driving!
karen-you  mentioned legislation passed in July, I am interested in finding out more about Agent Orange, it affects so many veterans and families.
Lani- I'm so sorry to hear that many of your Hawaii high school friends are affected by Agent Orange too. Thx for all the info on Joey!!!
Lisa=I don't think Destini likes her tent, it's just for outdoors but it's a little flimsy and I think she could still escape, I want her to want to go inside & I want it to last. Might look for a different one. Bandit might like one similar to hang out outside with you!
tsk-hoping Destini will adapt to tent. What did Lucy get for Christmas? Will check out the Google Meet.
TX-thanks for sharing video!
oldguy-thx for all the videos & info on Hawaii...we appreciate you! Thinking of you, this must be very hard on you. 
e4e-how was your time with Grandson? I clip Destini's nails too but end up with bloody arms lol, Dad helps me!
Phyliz-so cute with Maggies Meowijuana. Well, Maggie tested it so now I can buy it too! Glad she likes it!
firetruck- awesome capture, thanks for sharing GHO.
Puff-how are things going?
t40-love your kitty jokes & kitty standing on own tail :)
Mass=love Lauchie's new bed!
tig-spa certificates would be perfect, I still haven't gotten my hair cut this year! ;)
Jill-Your Ninja sounds handy! :)
Pink-thank you for all your kind words sweetie. How is Mama doing? Be safe on roads! Dad is grieving in his own way I guess. Nothing I do helps.
Peep- so exciting we'll have a male puffling this year!
Brokenlug-love this We love our Beakers. Serendipitous embodied.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 09:05:03 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #19737 on: December 29, 2020, 08:21:33 PM »

Jilltosa - Wish I weren't a bread eater, but that is one of my favorites!
Pink - You gotta take down decorations when motivation hits!  ;D  Stay warm in all that weather!
Lani - I have clipped my dog's nails previous to Star's.  Years ago, back around 1980 (early 80's), I had a pom/chihuahua mix and clipped her nails! So, now years later, I was a little nervous, so I only took off a small part of each of Star's nails, and all was fine (no bleeding). 
Phyliz - Thank you for letting us know you heard from MpMom on the birthday greetings for her Mother. :)
Kb - I understand about the animal pictures!  ;D
LisaG - Glad it is working for you & Jeff to clip Bandits nails! Hubby holds Star, and I do the clipping. I will be careful!  :)
We have friends that keep their Christmas decorations up until Jan. 6th.  :)
Tsk - That is the kind of clipper I got; one that cuts like scissors.  There is a 'block' sort of thing to use to make sure you don't over-clip, but I didn't even use that feature. I just did a visual and clipped the ends.
Hi Clynn & Peep!
Tig - It was a good day to stay inside!
Oldguy - Nice to hear you are home safe & sounds follow the service today. Take some well-deserved time to rest.
Lori - Hope your Dad had safe travels today. Okay, just read where your Dad decided to turn around. Good decision. Better to be safe.

All have a good night - sleep well.  :)

Lani, Tig, Kb, Clynn, MpMom, Tsk, LisaG, Lori, Pink, Lilbro, Oldguy, T40, Baz, Jilltosa, Peep, Karen, Puff, Blschue, Mass, Weasel, Ezee, Ssrl, Bggolden, Firetruck, BL, Emy, Godiva, Phyliz, Lindy, Neva, NrStooge, Keystone, WW JW, Ginger, Eburg, Oma, Indy, Keystone, DebG, KellyK, RubyRed, Tx_Ninja, Nanimal and All 

oldguy

« Reply #19738 on: December 29, 2020, 08:28:48 PM »

Clynn - What is meant by International Airport?

An international airport is an airport with customs and border control facilities enabling passengers to travel between countries. International airports are usually larger than domestic airports and often feature longer runways and facilities to accommodate the heavier aircraft commonly used for international and intercontinental travel. International airports often also host domestic flights.  It also allows for foreign goods to be shipped directly to and from.

The storm is almost past us...  the last 45 min. have contained more freezing rain than snow. - we have had about another 1 since my last report.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #19739 on: December 29, 2020, 09:37:12 PM »

Goodnight All

Home.. Whew! A heavy snow I guess its about maybe 4- 5 inches..
It's sleeted and snowed alternately all day. Hubby came home  and snow blowed..

KB Yes we carry on.. YOU carry on.. Ugh never have to like it,  just live..  :) Cute lil Bluebird..Ollie's nails done  :)
TSK Stay safe!
LANI Oh, must have missed  Aly not getting apartment..poo.. Cute puppies..
TIG Nice tradition  :)
LISA I used to leave tree and stuff up until New Years, yep also when kids were home..
CLYNN I put family ornaments on my tree, This year I added a Great Grandbaby.. My step Grandaughter who is 22 is getting married with a established 14 month old.. SO much snow for you! Sid AND Nancy  :) I remember candy cigarettes..lol
PEEP Very sad  :'(
OLDGUY So sorry you had such bad weather to go say goodbye to your Brother  :-\ Service sounded safe..Glad you got home safe!
LORI So sad.. Glad Dad turned around!! Bad today.. my Mama is good  :)
E4E Yes..lol

Have a good night ALL, be warm and safe
  Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG Weasel, , Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL   
🦅🇺🇸💓