Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2020  (Read 217536 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2020
« Reply #19695 on: December 28, 2020, 11:39:14 PM »

Oldguy, I pray all went well today, safe travels... and thank you for the Hawaii update and other links.

Tsk, when we lived in the valley we had Cox Communications, and this issue never occurred unless there was a forced rolling blackout or during monsoon season.... Exciting news about your school mate. I've toured an aircraft carrier when I was young.

Firetruck, exciting to see a GHO up close.

Phyliz, awesome sighting of the broadshoulder hawk... a sweet video of a sea otter grooming himself.

TX Ninja, thanks!

Clynn, It's great news to see all is well for the Captiva eaglets! Glad someone was able to act quickly!   :o

Eagles, your brave to clip Star's nails. I couldn't even clip my babies nails. So, I've never clipped any of our pets.  :(

Good night Dear Beakers, Cheers Family, and Friends, Peace be with each of you

Sweet Eagle Dreams Ezee, Blschue, Emy, Karen, Lindy, Paulie, Masswatch, Clynn, Firetruck, Oldguy, Jilltosa, Lori, MpMom and Pete, Tsk, Eagles4, Lisa, Pink, BL and Pip, Godiva, Kb, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, Kelly Kadette, DeborahG, Keystone, WW JW, Tig, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, Baz, ssrl, RubyRed246, T40, Ginger, TX_Ninja, eburg, Cwellsla, Indy, Patch Davis, Nanimal, Julie, Paulie, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Blueberry, Marrymo, Puff, Smb, Nai, Gene in NE, Teamcarnes, Weasel, Seabeeinch, Walton, nickeybird, Sparky, Wilson, BHscents, Tulsaducati, Abbie, EagleDave, Xullah, Omasawyer, Myshatzi, izzysamlikeseagles, Keamama, missylj, bustopbird, Viola76, Corky, Frehaws, Neva, wrg, wnut, JJ, Barbells, Bosley, Shaggydog, ReadyToDance, Yank, Missmeech, Talkoh, Linda.L, Nonna, smrf, nhJane, Cando.

Thinking of and missing, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Norfolkmom, Myshatzi, Indy, Mayreee, Neva, Abbie, EagleDave, Maryanne, TxTeacher, NL, Smb, 7D, Alice, Chippy, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Blschue, Bill and family, Lisa and family, Lilbro, Eagles4's son, Kb and Chris, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Tig and Camper, Pip's Dad, Mrs. Oldguy, Pink's Morgan, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, Baz's great niece, WW JW, Keystone, ssrl, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Nickeybird's BIL, Godiva's friend Jane, Viola76's sister, Abbie, Chico's daughter, Josette, Thyla/Anne, Eaglette, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lori, her mother and family, Phyl and Jim, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan, Chippy and Joe, KellyKadette and her cousin Roger, Nickeybird's BIL, 7DBirder.

Special prayers, For Berry Mom, Dewey, Riley, Star, Iris, GSB Michelle, Sauces Canyon Bald Eagles, Juliet and Romeo, Maggie, Black Bear Ted, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #19696 on: December 28, 2020, 11:39:26 PM »

I didn't even know there was an issue on this nest, there must be a FB page somewhere, no chat on youtube. Thank goodness all is well!
American Eagle Foundation LIVE Nest Cams
Monday, December 28th, CROW rehabber Katie M. was lifted to the Captiva nest to check on the eaglets and remove the monofilament.  We are happy to report the eaglets
are well and through team efforts with AEF, she was able to remove not only the offending monofilament but also the hook attached to it.  Special thanks to LCEC for lift
assistance as well as AEF cam operators Kathy Clark & Shari Pfannenstein.

OMG Clynn!!! Thanks for posting and thank goodness they are ok! I check on them everyday.  Hugs sweetie!!!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

BrokenLug

• Jersey Highlands
« Reply #19697 on: December 29, 2020, 12:55:47 AM »

We love our Beakers. Serendipitous embodied.   :-*

Og you take care my friend of you, loss of ones bro is the worst hard hurt ever. I know.

It took me years later crying like a baby in Pip's arms in the middle of nowhere, why?, Jumbo.

Share The Trail with all porcupines & all that did give JUMBO a wide birth.

I'm laughing so hard I wet myself.

You see these prickly guardians of this here trail said no on this day.

I'll never forget removing that quill from Jumbo's calf.

We none the less a chunk of jumbos surgically removed by me calf ended up here. 

The cororner was pretty sure he died many years later from his loss of calf muscle, diabetes, over weight and heavy duty drug use.

Wish you were here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrsq1werkfs&list=RDhrsq1werkfs&start_radio=1
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:05:35 AM by BrokenLug »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #19698 on: December 29, 2020, 01:30:13 AM »

Late 'Good Night'...Early 'Good Morning'...

I got a note from MpMom thanking us for the sweet birthday greetings for her mother who turned 94 yesterday. She loved them all.

Many thanks Clynn for sharing American Eagle Foundation report on the Captivia nest. Whew! That was close. Happy to know
the eaglets are doing well.
Pink no mouse nest, Clynn, Lani and Tsk ID'd it as a Thick Billed Weaver nest. Here's her vid she shared of male building a nest :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BtMqsENaoY  No Sloppy Joe casserole, just individual stuffed 'biscuts'.  They'll be fun to make.
Tskhope you all can keep warm with that cold front. LOL on the otter washing it's face.

Hope Beakroom slept well.
God bless Nashville.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 01:34:35 AM by Phyliz »
#IStandWithUkraine

“God just sat down and smiled after he made cats.”~Richard Dawkins

A man who never sees a bluebird only half lives.
– Lewis Gannett

kbshcb

« Reply #19699 on: December 29, 2020, 04:40:44 AM »

Eagles4 - Oh I wouldn't even try to clip Ollie's nails....it's why I spend more and take him to the vet rather than a trimmer that works up the street from my house at at doggy daycare place....he hates having even his toes/paws touched! the vet techs don't mind his crying the whole time...I have a trimmer from the past for my Walter dog but he was chill.

It's a secret where I get my pics from ;) ;) Hope you enjoy them..

The timing for here on the snow changes repeatedly....I have no problem cancelling if it starts to snow hard before his appt this morning. We shall see.

In the past 6 years I have lost my twin brother, my mother, and as you all know, my spouse. I dare say for me losing a spouse is the absolute worst....Hug your spouse and say I love you every day please.

kbshcb

« Reply #19700 on: December 29, 2020, 06:17:03 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ACkmg3Y64_s?rel=0
trains planes and automobiles...Miniature Wunderland in Germany...
Anyone here seen it in person?
Have to watch this more than once....unbelievable

LisaG1967

« Reply #19701 on: December 29, 2020, 06:56:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning kb  :)

BL:(

Lani - Love your good night pic

Pink - I am thinking about taking my Christmas down today.  I just need my living room back in order.  Be careful if you have to go our today.

E4E - We clipped Bandit's nails last night.  I was finding he was getting too stressed out when we took him to the vet to have it done, so we tried doing it and he is alot calmer.  I hold him and talk to him, and Jeff clips. 

clynn - Thanks for the pics, and great job by CROW. 

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #19702 on: December 29, 2020, 06:59:35 AM »

Morning everyone!  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #19703 on: December 29, 2020, 07:32:34 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

TX_NINJA  That was very cool on the top 10 Explore.org sites - Decorah #1 and 8  Doesn't get better than that!

JILL  a Very long commute  LOL

CLYNN  Captiva - Boy that was a close one. All OK  ;D

PINK  Be safe today.  It will be a mix around here about 3-5 PM with some areas getting snow and others rain.

PHYLIZ  Expert nest builder  - the weaver.  ;D

KB  Holidays are a rough time for those who have lost loved ones  :(   What an amazing place - the miniature "world".  Wonder how long you need to spend there and see everything?  Charge to get in?  It should be a wonder of the world  :o :o :o

LISA  I hold Lucy and Tim clips - she's used to it.  The clippers that are the easiest are the ones that cut like scissors.
Chicagoland

PeepSpy

« Reply #19704 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:10 AM »

Taz and Joey playing/grooming. Such good friends!  ;D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RXvVYgaH5Ig
Welcome Spring! 🌸🌼🌷🍄

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #19705 on: December 29, 2020, 07:55:55 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Good morning kb, Lisa, E4E, Phyl, Peeps, tsk & Lani!

tsk, I used the same nail clippers, easy to use. Some cats just won't tolerate having their paw held very long, some are very wary. Harley could smell the clippers...

Peeps, awwww, Tax & Joey have really bonded!  They are so sweet together!

Lisa, my Christmas stuff is all tucked away. I usually do it the weekend after Christmas, but with Christmas on Friday I didn't want to wait another whole week! And
like you, I need my family room back in order!   ;D  I used to clip Max & Emmy's nails, they weren't too bad about it, but these two, they are horrible! You would think I
was trying to kill them.  ::)

kb, I have seen that Wunderland video, I would love to go see it in person.  There are some 'big kids' that have made sure they get to play with trains the rest of their
lives! The time of the snow starting keeps changing here too..

Lani, love the snowmen around the little tree!

Pink have a decent day at work, maybe it won't be too busy...but you probably like it busy, makes the time go fast!

Captiva Eaglets back in the nest.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #19706 on: December 29, 2020, 08:00:10 AM »

Morning Everyone

The snow storm is expected to start here around noon today.  Forecast is 5-8 for Iowa City and 6-11 for Cedar Rapids - we may change over to sleet/freezing rain late tonight.  Fortunately, I don't work on Wed., so I can spent the day getting cars unburied and sidewalk cleared...

Today's videos...

The mind of a 2 yo....
A two-year-old's solution to the trolley problem   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

Hello, this is Claire speaking! Is this a good time to call? (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pFaFGxG1U

Whack-A-Mouse/2020!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPWhVCLNDoo

Maru evacuates to the swing   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDcyIhaB6Os

Queen Bee - Reina del Cid   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMX80kdv8Ls

Today's celebrations...

Tick Tock Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/tick-tock-day-december-29/
National Hero Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-hero-day-december-29/
National Pepper Pot Day   -   https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-pepper-pot-day-december-29/

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #19707 on: December 29, 2020, 08:00:55 AM »

" bounce "
(( BL ))
(( KB )) !! " ... surprisingly strong girls... " LOL. We have to go there!!
I used to clip my poodles' nails. But I would take them to vet now. I hated when I got too close. I do hubby's now. Lol. That is enuf of a struggle...
A reading while it snows day...
TTFN
Tig

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 08:02:33 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #19708 on: December 29, 2020, 08:19:31 AM »

Good Morning

Oh its snowing, there is maybe an inch so far, nor sure whats under it, or maybe it will be on it later, thats whats scaring me.. Right now I'm just sitting here with coffee..
It's 22 degrees..
Posted 28 minutes ago
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST
WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation. Total snow accumulations of
4 to 7 inches and ice accumulations of around one tenth of an
inch.

* WHERE...Portions of east central, northeast and southeast
Nebraska and southwest and west central Iowa.

* WHEN...Until 6 AM CST Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Road conditions will deteriorate today, making
travel difficult.

BL Aww sad memories of your Brother  :'( (((hugs)))PHYLIZ Ah ok thanks.
KB I couldn't even imagine.. My husband's heart attack 3 years ago was scary, I can't even go.there.. So you my friend have my sincere love and (((hugs))) , I know this first Christmas  especially had to have been so hard for you and Chris. I have also seen what my Mama and MIL went through..OH my gosh that Miniature Wonderland is the most intricate real life toy set ever! Lol
LISA Yes as good as Christmas was going up, it felt good to get down.. Its all Magic until its over for me..lol
E4EMy hubby always trimmed our Belle's nails as well.. She was a Golden.. We had the Dog clipper thing..
TSK Yes and you be careful as well!
PEEP Tax and Joey, So sweet!  :)
CLYNN Yes, Im not dreading work as much as cleaning car off and walking into car and work..lol Captiva Babies  :) I went and took a peek this morning..Adorable!
OLDGUY We shouldn't have as much snow as you,
maybe more ice. BE careful! Claire's laugh is so fun!
TIG Good Morning

Have a good and safe day ALL
 Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, MpMom, Oldguy, , Lori, Lisa, Eagles4ever, KB, Bazi, Blschue, T40, Lilbro,LittleJet, Nora, Phyliz, EBURG Weasel, , Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee, Jilltosa, Godiva, Ginger, Lindy, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, BrokenLug, Ruby , IvyDog & ALL     

🦅🇺🇸💓

PeepSpy

« Reply #19709 on: December 29, 2020, 08:26:19 AM »

Pink, snow is better than freezing rain! We are supposed to have two days of freezing rain later this week. Happy New Year!  :(
Welcome Spring! 🌸🌼🌷🍄