Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2020  (Read 173808 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2020
« Reply #19815 on: December 31, 2020, 09:10:58 AM »

4th or 5th day in a row now that only one of the tower's is perching...Pretty confident now that one is incubating eggs...Will calender Feb. 1 for possible hatching date and therefore if like years past I won't see either of them, at least not every day....

moving awful slowly on new tech stuff..Cancelled old cell today...Chris then checks to make sure iphone, wifi, etc etc. also closed/removed.
Still gotta contact comcast to change plans and still gotta plug in new router and modem.
This stuff hurts the brain!...
Not my cup of tea and can't wait to get outside walking at least on the streets again.
Warming temps above freezing early next week look like good days to aim for.

karengramke

« Reply #19816 on: December 31, 2020, 09:21:32 AM »

Happy New Years Eve!   Not expecting much from 2021!   A gradual change as the vaccinations roll out but it will take some doing to undo!   The new year reminds me of the hoopla when we waited for the year 2000!  What a relief or a disappointment that was!
Lori, I am having a few kks this morning! Just love them! 
Pink, you are  having a mini party with friends and I awoke this morning to an e mail from the county emergency management folks telling me to stay masked, stay home, wash my hands, covid is rising, etc!  This was followed by a phone call with the same message!   Glad I shopped. Yesterday,  bought some wonderful looking rib eyes, short ribs, dog food, fresh salad stuff and went to the local Chinese restaurant  and bought dinner for two days!  I am set until I run out of coke and coffee.
This warning today was the first of its kind here and our numbers have been higher!
My childhood Christmas tree experiences were similar to many of yours!  One tinsel strip at a time!  Trees stay up longer now with the fake ones! One year I changed my Christmas stuff to Mardi Gras things!  Fun!
Sorry for those of you with the snow and ice.  We will be in the mid 70s for a few days but it is a little damp and dreary, so not the kind of weather you want to run out and sun bathe in!   
Kb, rabbit poop is like doggy caviar but be warned it can make them sick!  Just a heads up to watch Ollie.

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #19817 on: December 31, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »

Happy New Year's Eve, Everybirdy!!  Dozing coyotes and fishing bald eagles at GSB.  Love you all and appreciate your posts.  Hope next year is better than this one.  Being an Iowegian elder of the "hunkerin' down" variety, "isolate in place" and social distancing hasn't been much of a stretch this year.  Keepin' away from "ankle-biters" and socio-paths is kinda normal for me!!  Wearing a mask is a drag, but since I only go to the grocery store, gas station and occasionally Hardware Hank, it's not much of a stretch.  Hopefully 2021 will find me in Decorah more often (staying away from friends at Toppling Goliath and Dixie's has been a "hole in 2020", not to mention the ATF convocation) and those Colorado Rockies are singing their siren song.  Remembering my friend and Moderator gardengirl, and everybirdy else we lost this year.
Semper Fi.
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #19818 on: December 31, 2020, 10:23:27 AM »

PINK  You can look forward to a fun evening to get you through work.  ;D

KB  Love the look on the fish owl  :D  Maybe as the day goes on Ollie will perk up.  Too cold for a walk? I see you commented on the weather.  Tech stuff fries my brain too. At least you have Chris!

CLYNN  Best part of a child Bella's age is their imagination and you can just see their brain cells learning  :o  From that angle that is one big nest at MN DNR

LANI  I agree about 2020 even messing up the birds.

KAREN  Heard Dr Fauci say in a short clip that by fall of 2021 things should be getting better.  :o :o :o 

EBURGH  Good to see you and our lifestyle is about the same - grocery, church and less times at the gas station since I'm not going anywhere.  Enjoyed Topling Goliath the last time I was in Decorah  ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #19819 on: December 31, 2020, 10:34:12 AM »

Happy New Year's Eve Beakers!
Hi Lori, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Tsk, Oldguy, Pink, Kb, Clynn, Karen, Jilltosa, Masswatch, Puff, Peep, Tig. Baz, Phyliz and All!

{{{Hugs Karen and Taffy Apple}}}

Clynn, Aly and Dewey will not go to San Fran now. The city locked down the area where the home is located yesterday, due to rise in Covid. If she went she would be denied healthcare and may not apply for any services. So, she will stay here for now.... Bella  :-* ... MN DNR is a beautiful nest.

Kb, I hope Ollie feels better soon. Luckily, Sadie doesn't like to eat rabbit candy, our Bandit had his nose to the ground during our walk. LOL! He never missed a chance for anything.... ugh, I hate tech stuff too, hurts my brain and makes my blood pressure rise.  :( .. good luck.  :)

Pink, Enjoy your evening.  :)

Lisa, Aly is required to work so many hours per week for her grant loan.

Oldguy, in high 20's here.... thank

Lori, yumm! Krispy Kreme!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 10:35:52 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #19820 on: December 31, 2020, 10:47:35 AM »

Wait what!.......a Grafton Wisconsin health care employee deliberately removed 500 doses of vaccine to spoil it intentionally, says the star tribune...fired of course and "authorities" further investigating...Good Lord :( :(

Yep Ollie man still seems under the weather and of course it's a Holiday for the next 3 days!.
in the past after many bites of rabbit poo candy they've prophylactically de wormed him..
He does pee and poo, and eat dog treats...still moping downstairs on the big bed of OURS though so will watch him carefully....

Just now taking a break from tech.

PeepSpy

« Reply #19821 on: December 31, 2020, 11:24:51 AM »

KB, the USA is so messed up right now and it ain't over yet. Now I've heard that there is no chance for any normalcy until maybe next autumn.  :(
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

LisaG1967

« Reply #19822 on: December 31, 2020, 12:03:59 PM »

Afternoon Beakers  :)

I am going to make a crustless broccoli, ham and cheese quiche for late lunch/early dinner.  Then, for snacking on later I made some shrimp dip, taco dip and some lil cocktail smokies with cranberry sauce & chili sauce.

tsk - Believe it or not, I did sleep in a lil bit too....I got up at 6 instead of 5  ;D

Pink - Hope work went quickly.  Have a good time tonight!

kb - That is a cool owl.  Glad your chili turned out great.  I love chili.  Hugs for Ollie!  All the tech stuff is not for me either. 
I just read that this morning about the health care employee deliberately removing 500 doses of the vaccine to spoil it intentionally. 

clynn - Christmas light off the house and put away.   :D  That MN DNR nest looks great!
I remember you posting the pics of Talon's adoption, but ya know what I would have never guess he was if you wouldn't have said it.  He looks alot like Erin!

karen - LOL, yes Y2K, that was a big thing back then!  You are set for a nice evening with your grocery haul.   :)

eburg - HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!!   :-*

Lani - Oh geesh, no San Fran now!  Aly needs a break! 

Peep - I have read the same thing.  :(

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #19823 on: December 31, 2020, 12:10:08 PM »

LANI  What a trying time for Aly

KB  Heard that vaccine story - you knew it was going to happen.  Thought first that it would be stored somewhere - forgotten and spoil. Not a deliberate event :P

PEEPS  that is what Dr Fauci said

LISA  LOL  For me it was 7 not 6  LOL
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #19824 on: December 31, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »

Hi all -

I'd be interested in the % of us who do only groceries, gas, home. . .Thank God for human voices on the phone.  Go out for NYE?  Forget about it.  (Said with a NY accent.)  There's no purpose to be gained in paying all that extra $$$$ to get finished and go home.  I'm also predicting that Ton will be asleep as I read my way into 2021.  Besides, I already celebrated with Australia on the morning news.  I had a good time, too.

I agree with tsk  -   Nice to hear from you Eburg.

P   

kbshcb

« Reply #19825 on: December 31, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »

Puff - I don't go anywhere inside anywhere...drive up pharmacy, bank, and same with gas. Haven't had human contact whatsoever since this started but for Scott's nurses and aides and such and they've been gone since Oct. 4

kbshcb

« Reply #19826 on: December 31, 2020, 12:57:42 PM »

KB, the USA is so messed up right now and it ain't over yet. Now I've heard that there is no chance for any normalcy until maybe next autumn.  :(

That's what happens when you defund the state and national public health institutions like we have for decades.

That's what happens when you now have hospital/clinic administrators of for profit and so called non-profit centers get paid millions and share holders get huge dividends and they now operate with "just in time" delivery methods like grocery stores for now decades Ie. not enough staff per patient ratios and decreasing staff over decades....
Yep this country operates health care like any other commodity...until that changes nothing will change.

PeepSpy

« Reply #19827 on: December 31, 2020, 12:58:04 PM »

Me too, Puff. But Zoom church and small groups.

Are there any groups you know that you can join. Book club? Women's  group? Local?
Peace - Noel 🎅🤶🦌🌲

jilltosa

« Reply #19828 on: December 31, 2020, 01:11:52 PM »

Puff Don't go out for gas -- no car. When I need gas for the mower my neighbor takes my red container and fills it. Have only gone grocery shopping about five times -- same neighbor asks me if I want to go to "our favorite" store. (I found that the one item I really was missing I can order online and have delivered -- somewhat pricey but definitely worth it. LOL) Since I retired I have had Schwan's delivery and Oberweis delivers my milk and orange juice. Sometimes I order from Amazon or Instacart so I am never out of groceries. Of course, my neighbor keeps me supplied with Premium oyster crackers so I can make croutons for her. LOLOL Since I live on a corner I can scoot outside when I see friends/furry companions approaching -- we social distance chat. I have another neighbor whose yard abuts mine and we social distance chat frequently.

There's supposed to be a news conference this afternoon about the Grafton situation. FBI is involved in the investigation.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #19829 on: December 31, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »

No politics, but the FBI/Nashville/2019 situation is frustrating, to say the least. And now this dufuss with the vaccines. Sheesh.
Oh well. Laundry day. Tomorrow is tech day... deciding between paying for Norton eventually or using Comcast product. Luckily Camper is my techy.
Tonight is deviled eggs, Bbq meatballs, tortilla rollups... and way too many choices of adult beverage.  :P
Thanx for all the great pics!
TTFN, and can't wait to say adios to 2020.
Tig
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)