Archives > Archive: 2019

The Ballad of DN9 (song)

(1/2) > >>

SmokeyinHarlem:
To celebrate the last scheduled chat, I posted a song about DN9, Mr. North, DNF, SOAR and cows (in the style of Pageant, the mod who posted many songs on the Decorah nest chat). For anyone who missed the last DNN chat of the season, here is ?The Ballad of DN9? (to be sung to the tune of Ballad of Davy Crockett):

Hatched in Iowa (not Tennessee)
In an oak tree nest where the eagles are free,
Raised in a field so he knew ev'ry tree,
Ate lots of bones and loved to squee.
DN, DN9, king of the wild frontier!

Fell from a branch before he could fly,
Met a big cow walking near the creekside,
Mr. and DNF perched nearby,
Until he was rescued from the nasty black flies.
SOAR, SOAR Rehab, fed?im meat with electrolytes!

KRDerenzo:

--- Quote from: SmokeyinHarlem on July 06, 2019, 12:26:20 PM ---To celebrate the last scheduled chat, I posted a song about DN9, Mr. North, DNF, SOAR and cows (in the style of Pageant, the mod who posted many songs on the Decorah nest chat). For anyone who missed the last DNN chat of the season, here is ?The Ballad of DN9? (to be sung to the tune of Ballad of Davy Crockett):

Hatched in Iowa (not Tennessee)
In an oak tree nest where the eagles are free,
Raised in a field so he knew ev'ry tree,
Ate lots of bones and loved to squee.
DN, DN9, king of the wild frontier!

Fell from a branch before he could fly,
Met a big cow walking near the creekside,
Mr. and DNF perched nearby,
Until he was rescued from the nasty black flies.
SOAR, SOAR Rehab, fed?im meat with electrolytes!

--- End quote ---

I really like that Smokey ,( heard read it at chat)  thank you for posting

LisaG1967:
Fantastic, Smokey!  :)

TPABay111:
Smokey - I read it also in Chat, but then before I could c/p it somewhere it scrolled off the screen.  Thank you so much for posting the ballad about dear DN9!  And thank you also for being such a great ambassador for the eagles!  Watched your interview on Reuters TV & one of the DE Mods confirmed it was you in the interview video. 

Ginger52:
Thanks for posting your ballad, Smokey.  I don't participate in chat, so I hadn't seen it before -- nice of you to share it here.  And, ditto what TPA said about your interview.  It was terrific!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version