Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Flyway Cam NFWR La Crosse  (Read 178708 times)

NWargo01

Re: Flyway Cam NFWR La Crosse
« Reply #735 on: September 04, 2019, 09:31:28 AM »

Took these the other day but didn't have a chance to post until now.  Miss our Decorah eagles, but this is a great substitute!

[attachment deleted by admin]
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

NWargo01

« Reply #736 on: September 04, 2019, 09:50:45 AM »

From RRP's FB page:

Raptor Resource Project
4 hrs

We've got some Flyway videos to brighten your Tuesday night! Birdcast predicted a nice migration on August 31st and September 1st, and they were right! We saw plenty of eagles, sandhill cranes, great white egrets, and various kinds of duck, with more still to come (the 3rd and 4th are also predicted as good migration nights). I hope you enjoy these videos as much as we did, and a thousand thanks to our cam operators and video makers for finding and sharing video from the amazing Flyway!

Thanks for sharing the RRP FB post, T40!  It's pretty quiet this morning so I was able to watch all of the videos that I hadn't already seen.  Just wonderful!  I commented on one of the videos that I love how social eagles are when it's not nesting season.  It amazes me how this apex predator and superior hunter can be so fun loving and gentle.  :-*
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

eaglesrock29

• ChatMods
  • Hope is the thing with feathers ... Dickinson
« Reply #737 on: September 04, 2019, 10:10:26 AM »

Awesome flyabout on Camera - thank you to the wonderful camera operators.  It sure would be fun to fly like that.   :)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 10:12:04 AM by eaglesrock29 »
"When a storm is coming, all other birds seek shelter. The eagle alone avoids the storm by flying above it. So, in the storms of life may your heart be like an eagle's and soar above." - Anonymous

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #738 on: September 04, 2019, 10:57:56 AM »

Live right now  8)

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

NWargo01

« Reply #739 on: September 04, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »

Live right now  8)

Rewound to see it - just beautiful!

NWargo01

« Reply #740 on: September 04, 2019, 11:39:47 AM »

These views are so spectacular, you could take s-caps all day!  But don't worry - I won't.  ;)

eaglesrock29

• ChatMods
« Reply #741 on: September 04, 2019, 01:10:42 PM »

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful posts.  NW, you are right -- we can take captures all day.  I love this cam!  :)

"When a storm is coming, all other birds seek shelter. The eagle alone avoids the storm by flying above it. So, in the storms of life may your heart be like an eagle's and soar above." - Anonymous

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #742 on: September 04, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »

Flyway couple minutes ago... lil teeter totter!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:30:25 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #743 on: September 04, 2019, 01:34:24 PM »

Wonderful pictures, everyone!

NWargo01

« Reply #744 on: September 04, 2019, 01:40:13 PM »

Flyway couple minutes ago... lil teeter totter!

That juvie's making his own entertainment!  Love it!

monarch

« Reply #745 on: September 04, 2019, 02:37:43 PM »

Monarch Butterfly

Wow! Haven't seen one since I was a kid. Thanks!

I raise monarchs! I raised/released 370 last year and am on track for about 250 this year. Plant milkweed and help these magnificent creatures. Here's a graph from Journey North that displays how we were on the verge of losing them.

https://journeynorth.org/sites/default/files/2019-02/journal_monarch_population.jpg

Thank you, monarch, for what you do!! I'm so impressed and very grateful for the work you do. I was so excited a couple of years ago during the migration of the Viceroys (I think...), thinking I had, at last, seen a Monarch from my childhood. Still hope to, some day.

I went back to save a screen shot of this photo and took a closer look. This was actually a Viceroy and not a Monarch. Difference is the dark band on the Viceroy wings. I've attached a comparison photo (monarch on the top, viceroy on the bottom). Monarchs   are beginning their southbound migration to Mexico. Amazing these creatures (5th generation of the summer) know how to get to a place they've never been. Visiting their winter migration location in Mexico is definitely on my bucket list!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 02:47:14 PM by monarch »

PeepSpy

« Reply #746 on: September 04, 2019, 02:43:37 PM »

I love juvies!  ;D

buzbee

« Reply #747 on: September 04, 2019, 04:43:03 PM »

Has anyone seen the Sasse Photo video "When Thousands of Eagles Need a Bath"? I am sure most of you have but I just sw it and WOW!! great close-ups and such clarity! I post it here because the have been some bathing eagles from the flyway cam posted so thought I'd share this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL24zGasNLQ

buzbee, that was fantastic!  I took the liberty of getting a few s-caps because they were so darned cute!  Thanks for sharing!

Oh I know! He always gets such amazing pics/videos!! You are very skilled yourself with all your screenshots. I am computer illiterate so I cant figure out how to do that!! I am grateful for you, Lisa, Lori and all the rest that post such awesomeness! I too love that Flyway cam! It is serene and calming at times and funny and turns out a bit tragic at times(nature at work). The Lord has given us wondrous things to behold and delight in.

eaglesrock29

• ChatMods
« Reply #748 on: September 04, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »

:)

eaglesrock29

• ChatMods
« Reply #749 on: September 04, 2019, 08:48:17 PM »

monarch, thanks for the lesson on monarchs and viceroys.  All this time I thought I was seeing monarchs in my front yard, they were viceroys.  Thanks also for all you do to help preserve the species.