Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Flyway Cam NFWR La Crosse  (Read 178095 times)

NWargo01

Re: Flyway Cam NFWR La Crosse
« Reply #675 on: August 28, 2019, 05:40:04 PM »

Does that mean that an autopsy will be done to determine what caused the eagle's death?  And if so, by whom? 
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

stitcher41

« Reply #676 on: August 28, 2019, 05:50:48 PM »

I can?t even express how upset I am about this Juvie eagle.  I know they could have at least gotten it out of the water, and tried to help it.  The outcome may not have been any different, but having watched this baby lie in the water for two days was very disturbing, and yes, I did take breaks.  I wanted to go get him myself and try to help. I can?t even watch this feed any more.  Everyone and everything deserves dignity, and this poor baby certainly didn?t get any.  Shame on you,  wildlife management.

buzbee

« Reply #677 on: August 28, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »

RRP just posted this news on their FB page:  "UPDATE (August 28, 2019 @ 3:29 PM): The eagle's body has been recovered. We'll let you know more when we do."

ok. If a lifeless body can be recovered, why in the world couldn't a live eaglet body have been rescued??? Didn't take too long to get the dead body, but we had to sit and wait and watch for a couple days to see this poor little creature suffer and die??? I don't understand. The word of the day....APPALLED!!

T40cfr403

« Reply #678 on: August 29, 2019, 01:25:01 AM »

NW - Missing tail feathers has forced me to think of D20/Mr. Decorah. SOAR couldn't tell what had caused his missing feathers but noted an aggressive infection and maggots present in the wound at the base of the tail. I'll bet the same could be said for the flyway juvie and I hope the moving, cool water provided that baby with some relief. There was talk about D20 being attacked by a predator while on the ground or being hit by a car, but we'll never know.
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #679 on: August 29, 2019, 06:07:09 AM »

Beautiful sunrise this morning...
photo via explore
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:12:32 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

bam1953

« Reply #680 on: August 29, 2019, 07:35:01 AM »

Awesome sunrise photo Lori!

LisaG1967

« Reply #681 on: August 29, 2019, 07:35:26 AM »

photo via explore

Beautiful!!!

Pauljk

« Reply #682 on: August 29, 2019, 08:02:35 AM »

I love this view, but now it makes me sad.

[attachment deleted by admin]

EagleAngels

« Reply #683 on: August 29, 2019, 08:23:42 AM »

photo via explore
Thanks for the beautiful cap, Lori. We needed that...

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #684 on: August 29, 2019, 10:34:36 AM »

Beautiful!!!  Camera is lil bouncy today due to high winds.

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Pauljk

« Reply #685 on: August 29, 2019, 02:33:00 PM »

Recently posted on the RRP FB page. From this response, it does not appear that they ever had any intent to rescue the eagle.

Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife & Fish Refuge We appreciate everyone's passion for wildlife and for the National Wildlife Refuge System. Webcams are amazing in that they allow us to witness and observe birds and animals in their natural habitat, which unfortunately also sometimes includes death. It is never easy to watch something struggle, especially a young bald eagle. The mission of the US Fish and Wildlife Service is to protect habitat for plants and animals that are going through all stages of life and death. This includes struggling to produce enough energy during the molting process. This bird eventually ran out of energy and ultimately perished, which isn't easy to watch, but happens quite often to wildlife - especially with younger birds and animals. While we do everything we can to protect our shared natural resources, we also allow for natural, ecological processes to play out, with minimal human intervention. Thank you for your concern and love for the Upper Mississippi River.

T40cfr403

« Reply #686 on: August 29, 2019, 03:57:19 PM »

Thanks Pauljk. Just to be clear, the post was on RRP's FB page but it's from the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife & Fish Refuge and not RRP.
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.

Pauljk

« Reply #687 on: August 29, 2019, 04:09:06 PM »

Thanks Pauljk. Just to be clear, the post was on RRP's FB page but it's from the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife & Fish Refuge and not RRP.

Correct. It's posted as a comment near the end of the RRP main post on the eagle.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 04:53:28 PM by Pauljk »

T40cfr403

« Reply #688 on: August 29, 2019, 05:06:48 PM »

Thanks, again, Pauljk. ;)

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #689 on: August 30, 2019, 09:36:56 AM »

Beautiful Flyway this mornng...❤️

photo via explore
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:40:22 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl