Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Flyway Cam NFWR La Crosse  (Read 175141 times)

eaglesrock29

• ChatMods
  • Hope is the thing with feathers ... Dickinson
Re: Flyway Cam NFWR La Crosse
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2018, 04:33:12 PM »

That's funny, Lori.  My cats have learned to ignore the Decorah Eagles over the years (oh, them again :) ) but they were very interested in the calls from the Mississippi Flycam :)

"When a storm is coming, all other birds seek shelter. The eagle alone avoids the storm by flying above it. So, in the storms of life may your heart be like an eagle's and soar above." - Anonymous

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 04:46:10 PM »

Finally brought up live cam on youtube on my TV... now my cat is confused by the bird calls  ::)  You're right ER gorgeous sub-adult!!!

gorgeous!!
🦅🇺🇸💓

BrokenLug

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2018, 07:51:40 PM »

How cool would it be to see a backpack?  Wonder if D27 made it through here?   Wow MPMOM this thread & cam is smokin' hot!  New from Tulsa  https://youtu.be/ztQyS74SSZ0

D27 came very close to the Lk. Onalaska area the 1st month she got her backpack (Aug 2017, Pink Track).
She very well could have visited the lake in the time between her 2 northern most waypoints/pings.  :)

She flew right over the Lake in May of this year, again possibly stopping in between Track line waypoints/pings. (May 2018, Black Track).  8)

So yes, she possibly could have already "been there, done that" at Lk Onalaska and she could do so again.  ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
U. S. A.

T40cfr403

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2018, 09:15:27 PM »

BL - You don't disappoint. That was fun!!!  D1 was no stranger to the Onalaska area, either. But, I'd say we need to keep a sharp eye out for an antenna and/or a silver band on the right leg. It just might be D27 or D24, although we don't have any evidence he even knows Onalaska exists. ;)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:19:18 PM by T40cfr403 »
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

T40cfr403

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2018, 09:16:55 PM »

cont'd from above

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.

T40cfr403

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2018, 09:17:25 PM »

:)

eaglesrock29

• ChatMods
  • Hope is the thing with feathers ... Dickinson
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2018, 07:25:34 AM »

A beautiful way to rise today watching the Mississippi Fly cam -- I think i'll be here often until the Decorah Eagle cameras are up and running.

I am enormously impressed, inspired, grateful and just plain joyful of this amazing addition to RRP's mission.  I am so very honored that RRP has carried on Bob's legacy and at such a professional and communicative way.  I can never say thank all of enough!   :-*

"When a storm is coming, all other birds seek shelter. The eagle alone avoids the storm by flying above it. So, in the storms of life may your heart be like an eagle's and soar above." - Anonymous

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 07:32:35 AM »

Good morning all!!!  Waking up to eagles again-  8)

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2018, 07:40:45 AM »

How cool would it be to see a backpack?  Wonder if D27 made it through here?   Wow MPMOM this thread & cam is smokin' hot!  New from Tulsa  https://youtu.be/ztQyS74SSZ0

D27 came very close to the Lk. Onalaska area the 1st month she got her backpack (Aug 2017, Pink Track).
She very well could have visited the lake in the time between her 2 northern most waypoints/pings.  :)

She flew right over the Lake in May of this year, again possibly stopping in between Track line waypoints/pings. (May 2018, Black Track).  8)

So yes, she possibly could have already "been there, done that" at Lk Onalaska and she could do so again.  ;D ;D

BL & T40- I knew it!  I look forward to studying those maps today.  So cool!  Thank you both for taking the time to share this wonderful news with us!  I keep looking at the legs for bands.  I need to find some info on the bands and colors to learn how that works next!  Education never stops at RRP!
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2018, 07:49:03 AM »

Yep Broken, that is why I said you never know who you will see here ;D
I want to see D1 8)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:52:44 AM by MpMom »
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2018, 07:56:59 AM »

Good Morning Sub Adult.. OR juvie? i

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:58:35 AM by PinkEagle »
🦅🇺🇸💓

FinnBMD

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2018, 08:41:15 AM »

Large squadron of Great White Pelicans is resting at the refuge right now.  They passed through the area going north in huge groups this spring and are beginning their migration southward.  Winds are out of the SSE so they may rest for awhile.  This camera is a real gift to those of us who are migration watchers.  Thank you RRP!

tulsaducati

• ChatMods
  • Spread the Word: Lead-free hunting and fishing
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2018, 10:08:51 AM »

Large squadron of Great White Pelicans is resting at the refuge right now.  They passed through the area going north in huge groups this spring and are beginning their migration southward.  Winds are out of the SSE so they may rest for awhile.  This camera is a real gift to those of us who are migration watchers.  Thank you RRP!

We'll be seeing lots of white pelicans soon as they pass through here - maybe in a couple of weeks.  They usually stop off at the Arkansas River where it winds through Tulsa, stay a couple of days, and then head on south.  So beautiful to see so many; we usually talk a walk along the river to see and hear them. Thanks to RRP for giving us an advance look at them!

Please join us in our campaign to GET THE LEAD OUT. Together we can make the world a safer place for Bald Eagles and all wild life. We need you, THEY need you!
https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/get_the_lead_out/index.html

T40cfr403

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2018, 10:26:24 AM »

Lori - RRP bands in a silvery metal, one band on the right leg. The exception was D24 and D25 - one boy was banded on the right leg and the other on the left leg so we could tell them apart! Of course I don't remember which one got the right/left band.  :P

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2018, 10:30:35 AM »

;)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:42:06 AM by MpMom »
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."