Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2019  (Read 32814 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2019
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 07:38:06 PM »

Here is the map of where I wrk * is the little building I work, It worked....  Double click to enlarge OK the highlighted yellow is handicap parking but the one to the right is motorcycle parking  I drew a line of the walking path I need to do which has an incline and 2 sets of steps, The white and black areas is the manufacturing plant warehouse. As you can see there is no parking where the building I work out of.   The gray area in that area is rode where the trucks drive through to get to shipping/receiving 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:43:12 PM by LBLNJ0668 »
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 09:12:50 PM »

Geez LB. That's a very large complex that you work at. No wonder it's called Industrial Parkway! Oh my! Yes you do have quite a walk to your building. Good for you for submitting a suggestion for handicap parking. The safety person who emailed you had to have a reason for doing so. I'm thinking since your bldg does have a lot of personnel it's very probable that it's NJ state law to provide handicap parking there also. Yes!! You apply for and get yourself a handicap parking permit ... not only for work but for other places too. Yes some others need those parking spaces too at times but so do you, LB. Don't short change yourself. Please keep us updated on what happens at your building regarding handicap parking. They can do it somehow! Even if the wait is until Spring to get things there accomplished it will be worth the wait ... especially if they create handicap parking nearer to your building.

Good to your new neighbor not being as loud as your former ones. That's a plus!

It's good that the exercises you've been doing have helped you some. Let's look at it this way ... it's better than nothing and you are definitely trying to help yourself. It must get frustrating at times but don't give up. I applaud you. Excellent that you'll begin physical therapy soon. Please give us updates on that too.

Sorry for all the questions.  ;) And NO you did not bable and not too much!  :) I think it was nice seeing your post and reading all about you. Heck! I can imagine how long this post will be. lol

It's nice hearing about Copper's dog walker. Give your boy Copper a hug from me ... and hugs to you too, LB.  :)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »

I think all three quotes have something good to say especially #s 2 and 3.

Hi willi, baz, julie, Tig.

baz, Your post to LB was great. Very well said. I wish I could condense my thoughts into writing like you did. I haven't managed that yet.   :D

After the rain stopped here today there was actually some sunshine! Yay!

Today's NestFlix Saturday Jan 5 has some great videos. I watched Mississippi River Flyway Juvies Playing On Ice and and 4 videos of Mom and UME2 (that also made me miss Dad a lot.)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 09:28:02 PM by paulie »

williwaw

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 09:34:41 PM »

wow Lbl, long walk!!!
E2, phone home!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2019, 09:40:13 AM »

By the time they get the handicap parking there if they do I wont need it any longer (I Hope)  LOL But it will be good for someone one day... There is a person who will need it got in a motorcycle accident his past summer (He was the one to make sure there were motorcycle parking)  He has been working from home but actually should be on disability. He crushed his knee in the accident (not his fault)  I first brought up the handicap parking or closer parking to the building when I first start and he said no not in plan   I heard he is wondering how he is to handle the walk when he comes back. you  know the will do something for him (he's a manager) PT tomorrow night. I hope they can help.  Thanks for all the support 

[attachment deleted by admin]
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

williwaw

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2019, 10:31:50 AM »

hope PT helps Lbl
E2, phone home!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2019, 12:02:33 PM »

LB, What willi and baz said.  I kept it short!  ;D

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2019, 12:16:04 PM »

By the time they get the handicap parking there if they do I wont need it any longer (I Hope)  LOL But it will be good for someone one day... There is a person who will need it got in a motorcycle accident his past summer (He was the one to make sure there were motorcycle parking)  He has been working from home but actually should be on disability. He crushed his knee in the accident (not his fault)  I first brought up the handicap parking or closer parking to the building when I first start and he said no not in plan   I heard he is wondering how he is to handle the walk when he comes back. you  know the will do something for him (he's a manager) PT tomorrow night. I hope they can help.  Thanks for all the support
Um ... ok ... I'm not done.  ;)

LB, Good positive thinking on your part thinking/hoping you won't need it by the time the parking is updated to handicapped. Thumbs up.

Hmmm Do I have this correct? So the guy who was in the motorcycle accident (and sounds terrible!) is who made sure there was motorcycle parking ... and he is also the one who initially said no to the handicapped parking ... but now he is wondering how to handle the walk into building when he returns. Correct? Maybe this is why you were asked more recently if you need handicap parking too. According to you work map it looks like there's 2 or 3 parking spaces for motorcycles? Perhaps they can change them to handicapped parking to solve the problem ... or 2 to handicap if there's still a space needed for a motorcycle. Seems like an easy fix to me but maybe not with regulations or whatever. Just a thought.

Ok. Now I'm done.  ;D Have a good afternoon everyone.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »

Perhaps they can change them to handicapped parking to solve the problem ... or 2 to handicap if there's still a space needed for a motorcycle. Seems like an easy fix to me but maybe not with regulations or whatever. Just a thought.

Ok. Now I'm done.  ;D Have a good afternoon everyone.
[/quote]

OH Paulie!!! But look where the motor cycle parking spaces are...? right where I normally park so it doesn't help!!! I still have the double incline and steps and same distance.   

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2019, 06:56:56 PM »

Oh crap LB!! You're correct of course. I didn't think of that and my eyes totally ignored the path you walk. Shoot!! Sorry about that. Well I just went back and looked at your map again. Twice actually. There just has to be room for at least one parking space at your building for heavens sake. I do remember you said trucks drive along there. Well ... it's up to your management to figure this out and we all sure hope they do!!
Best wishes for your PT tomorrow night.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2019, 07:04:50 PM »

Whoa! After reading "Whho's on N2B? A guide to what we saw in Decorah this year my mind is blurry!! It sure has been an interesting year and reading this article too. I did really enjoy it. Very informative for sure. Thank you RRP.

....... aw geez. After posting this I noticed another typo. Now I'm stuttering!! Lol
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 07:10:56 PM by paulie »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2019, 10:54:48 AM »

Not sure if I   like working here anymore.   Here is their response for asking to get handicap parking for our building

Good Morning Lori,

I have been told that the 172 building is not required to be handicap access.  I would advise you speak with x if you have any further questions about this.  He has better knowledge of the site plans and parking.
Thanks.

williwaw

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2019, 11:58:06 AM »

OMG Lbl
E2, phone home!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2019, 02:26:26 PM »

I so want to question the person she told me too since he was in the motor cycle accident and will need handicap parking if he returns. I like how he gets to work from home.   I am trying to leave it be... I don't want to get fired making an issue out of this but it's real torture to walk the distance I have too.   I cry every day. I am embarrassed when I walk it I hope no one is around to see me.   How can a company not want to accommodate their employees.  What is going to happen  when it snows.   

julie

• "and he will lift you up on eagle's wings" hymn
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2019, 02:47:50 PM »

I am at a loss for words!!!
"Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has."  Margaret Mead
One of these was Bob Anderson may he rest in peace.