Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2019  (Read 290489 times)

williwaw

Re: Beak Room 2019
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2019, 10:09:01 AM »

Frozen prey
E2, phone home!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2019, 10:13:18 AM »

oldguy, love Bloody Marys!  Can't tolerate hangovers anymore!

willi, you crack me up! Oh, I forgot to say that I love Ivy's hangover pic!

Lisa, thanks for sharing the chili recipe! I will definitely try it!

Early morning at SWFL

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2019, 10:15:30 AM »

Clynn, I was in bed watching an "That's Entertainment 3" on TCM, fell asleep before midnight and woke up at 12:15am. Missed it!  ;D

Pink, sounds like a good New Year's Eve.

Oldguy, Cute set by Maru's family. But, I don't think Maru was excited about celebrating. LOL!

Lisa, Thanks for sharing your recipe

Tig, I like Mike Rowe

Lori, thanks for the update

We're going to start cleaning the driving and walks of snow.
Have a good day Everyone!  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:20:22 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

PinkEagle

• May you Soar like an Eagle & nest among the Stars
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2019, 10:33:45 AM »

Pink - How about that.....I lived in LA until 1990....In the years you mention you were out there I then lived in Marina Del Rey and Playa Del Rey.....You?
I also had a great friend a couple actually, and the man worked in Investments at Bank of America....maybe we crossed paths?...ya never know.
KB  My Parents, brother and I moved from Chicago to Sunland/Tujunga in 77,( its in the foothills, tucked in between Glendale and San Fernando Valley ).My Dad and Uncle went into business together and owned a bar in Slymar.  We lived mainly in Sunland. Dad and Mom didnt l like it and we moved back to Chicago in  78.. lol
Long story short back out to Cali in 79. Stayed there this time. We werent far from you! Under an hour in good traffic. Lol. BEEN ro Marina Del Ray a couple times. My IA born Hubby and his Parents moved out there in 79. We hooked up though my Dad working with my Hubby. Married and rented a house in Seven Hills, Tujunga. Hubby never liked L.A.. we left with our 2 tots in 87, right when the freeway shootings started up. We still have a Sis in law in Sunland. I also have a good friend still there, and we got out in time. Its changed so much there and become trashy. It once was a beautful area. I have had an Aunt and Cousin who were high ups in BOA out there. Aunt is gone and Cousin now retired and finally moved back to Vegas. Lol
I miss the weather and the beaches! We would go to Santa Monica and Huntington all the time.
🦅🇺🇸💓

PeepSpy

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2019, 10:35:33 AM »

Being lazy and watching the parade.  ;)

Rain never changed to snow last night, which is good. It is still above freezing at 35 this morning  :)
Give thanks for all your blessings! 🦃🥧🍎🙏

PinkEagle

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2019, 10:51:20 AM »

Catching up from yesterday...  8) 8) 8)

Lisa- How did your chili turn out?

Lori it turned out great, and had alot left over to freeze 3 containers for future dinners. 

This is the recipe I use, Pink.  The only additions to it that I make is I use 1.25 lbs of ground meat, add a whole onion chopped finely, and I cook it on the stove on simmer for about 3 to 4 hours, rather than the crock-pot.  I have warmed it in the crock-pot after cooking it on the stove, so my hubby could take it to work for chili day. 

We really like the flavors this recipe has. 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229331/easy-sweet-chili/

LISA  Your chili sounds wonderful,  i may try it for a change.
I love experimenting.

I brown a lb of turkey Sausage and drain, cut up half of a Polska Keilbasa, in slices then quarter those slices. I can Chili beans not drained, 1 can black beans drained. I buy a 32 oz bottle V-8 juice and pour in about half bottle, 1/2 cup salsa, tsp or more chili powder. I always cook in Crock pot on low for at least 5 hours.. Here in Iowa and Missouri they serve Chili with Cinnamon rolls. Never caught on with me..lol My girls in Mo do it. I serve with cornbread. 😊

SO good! This is my Hubbys favorite version. My girls and I love to make different Chilis, cant wait to try yours!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:53:22 AM by PinkEagle »
🦅🇺🇸💓

kbshcb

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2019, 11:10:31 AM »

Pink - Thanks for sharing!....I rarely run into anyone anymore that lived in LA during the 70's and 80's.....so it's fun to share memories.

For a few years I did live in the hills of Sherman Oaks so was closer to you then! would have been in 80-83 years....

Your hubby's problem with not liking LA is you didn't live on the ocean!...
I hear living there lately is quite different than in the good years when I lived there. LOL

PinkEagle

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2019, 11:30:54 AM »

Pink - Thanks for sharing!....I rarely run into anyone anymore that lived in LA during the 70's and 80's.....so it's fun to share memories.

For a few years I did live in the hills of Sherman Oaks so was closer to you then! would have been in 80-83 years....

Your hubby's problem with not liking LA is you didn't live on the ocean!...
I hear living there lately is quite different than in the good years when I lived there. LOL

KB. Yes you were  closer to us then!

Ya I am the beach person he could care less, He wanted IA and home., hes never been a city guy. I LOVE Iowa , but could easily, oh SO easily live on the water..lol
🦅🇺🇸💓

LisaG1967

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »

Catching up from yesterday...  8) 8) 8)

Lisa- How did your chili turn out?

Lori it turned out great, and had alot left over to freeze 3 containers for future dinners. 

This is the recipe I use, Pink.  The only additions to it that I make is I use 1.25 lbs of ground meat, add a whole onion chopped finely, and I cook it on the stove on simmer for about 3 to 4 hours, rather than the crock-pot.  I have warmed it in the crock-pot after cooking it on the stove, so my hubby could take it to work for chili day. 

We really like the flavors this recipe has. 

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229331/easy-sweet-chili/

LISA  Your chili sounds wonderful,  i may try it for a change.
I love experimenting.

I brown a lb of turkey Sausage and drain, cut up half of a Polska Keilbasa, in slices then quarter those slices. I can Chili beans not drained, 1 can black beans drained. I buy a 32 oz bottle V-8 juice and pour in about half bottle, 1/2 cup salsa, tsp or more chili powder. I always cook in Crock pot on low for at least 5 hours.. Here in Iowa and Missouri they serve Chili with Cinnamon rolls. Never caught on with me..lol My girls in Mo do it. I serve with cornbread. 😊

SO good! This is my Hubbys favorite version. My girls and I love to make different Chilis, cant wait to try yours!

Chili with cinnamon rolls?  That is a strange combo!  Your recipe sounds delicious too.  I love to cook, and try new recipes.  I will definitely have to try your chili recipe. 

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2019, 11:32:47 AM »

To my dear beaker friends!!!  I care for you all deeply.  Look forward to 2019 with you all!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2019, 11:49:40 AM »

several eagles on floats, one with nest and little one ... nice
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2019, 11:51:33 AM »

To my dear beaker friends!!!  I care for you all deeply.  Look forward to 2019 with you all!

Same here, Lori.  I am glad I found all of you.  You all are a great group of friends here.   :)

tig - I saw that too.  Very nice. 

kbshcb

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2019, 11:53:59 AM »

several eagles on floats, one with nest and little one ... nice
Dang I missed it. I must have forgotten to hold up my new sign.....I am quite sure I was interrupted...

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2019, 11:57:56 AM »

Watching NHL today... miss going to Avalanche games in Denver.  So fun!!!
pink- nice memories of you & hubby in CA :) You too KBS;)  So, yesterday dentist did the final mold for my upper teeth for the permanent crowns!!! yea!!! He will send them to a lab and I will be fixed up before ya know it!  Going back Thursday to work on permanent crown & bridge for lower right hand side.  Get r done :) 
oldguy- nice new year quote :)
tig- minus 2 brrrr.  great way to recycle :)
kbs- your sign reminded me of King of Queens they used the term "shutty" a lot.  Watching an old re-run :) lol forgetting to hold up your new sign... love it!

My niece Krista turned 14 on December 7th!!!  She's getting so tall!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:12:29 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

lindawyos little brother

• I Am Eagle , The Skies Are Mine
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2019, 12:01:52 PM »

Video of a Golden munching on an antelope..

https://forums.phxaudiotape.com/threads/dayam.8571/