Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: After the Fledge 2019  (Read 14086 times)

EagleAngels

Re: After the Fledge 2019
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2019, 04:18:41 PM »

Decorah anglers will be recognized at After the Fledge this weekend

https://decorahnewspapers.com/Content/Home/Home/Article/Decorah-anglers-will-be-recognized-at-After-the-Fledge-this-weekend/-2/-2/48166

William Hahn, right, and Andrew Olson will be honored at "After the Fledge" this weekend.
This makes my heart SO happy!! And it's great to be able to put faces on our D32's heros! So proud of these boys!

TPABay111

« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2019, 05:44:46 PM »

This is a note to thank all those listed on recent postings who asked about the Three Little Eagles book and stuffed toy eagle, wondering if it got into the auction. The grateful answer is Yes!, and with thanks to all of you for showing your interest. Amy put it up today, and Meg was the impetus to get it going! I will copy the email I just sent to the two of them so that you have the current status. Thanks so much, everybody! All the proceeds still go to the Friends of the Fish Hatchery (Bob Anderson's suggestion after they first went to RRP.). The book has become a classic, really, documenting that almost perfect year 2011 with the Decorah Eagles' family.  ~Mary Jo

Copy of email sent to Amy and Meg, minutes ago today July 18:

To you both! Amy, busy as you would be at this point, you took time to follow up on putting the Three Little Eagles book and toy online for the auction. Meg, thank you for efforts to get the ball rolling, along with your much-appreciated testimonial. This is great. I should have followed up earlier myself, but just wasn't able to do so.

I took a look at the posting on the auction and do appreciate the complimentary text and the idea of using the avatar (Meg's idea). Also, it is a good thing this all happened right now, because I checked the Amazon/com site for my book and found that a bookseller is offering the book for less and increasing the shipping price to more than double! After discovering this last night, and also finding that the correct ordering info was missing, I got in touch with Amazon right away with an urgent request. If I hadn't had the impetus of your help, I probably would not have discovered the Amazon errors until much later! So...thank you for your part in getting my focus on the book!

Mary Jo - I'm so happy that Amy was able to put your book & eagle toy donation on the ATF online auction, and thank you for dropping everything in your life & making this happen!  Your book & the bald eagle toy made a huge difference in the life of my 4 year old great niece last fall - she started crusading for bald eagles in her pre-school class & I know she'll insist on having her kindergarten class stream the Decorah Eagles this fall :)

Meg

SRC

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2019, 10:53:46 AM »

John Howe in his self-purchased Raptormobile

[attachment deleted by admin]

EagleAngels

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2019, 11:01:00 AM »

Greatness!! Love it!

TPABay111

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2019, 02:01:30 PM »

New FB post from SOAR about Ambassador Decorah:
https://www.facebook.com/422229164528389/photos/a.422282881189684/2303227386428548/?type=3&theater

~ See you in Decorah at After the Fledge! ~

Special guest, SOAR education ambassador, Decorah is pictured here practicing sitting on the bow perch for his upcoming appearance TODAY (7/20/19).

Kay, Decorah, and other SOAR team members will be at Valder Science Hall on the Luther Campus, Decorah, as part of Raptor Resource Project's "After the Fledge" party.

During programs, for safety, Decorah needs to be leashed to his perch. This is good practice for programs. Decorah is in a weathering area, not his normal space inside where he is not tethered.

TPABay111

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2019, 02:03:05 PM »

Awesome Raptormobile!

ATF Auction ended an hour ago...
The 45 items listed all sold, with total = $5,277.

Puff

« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2019, 07:19:12 AM »

Hey John - new wheels!  Want to swap the Raptormobile for the hot rod?

P

Puff

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2019, 07:21:47 AM »

We're back - Ton and I got back last evening after the last/latest (?) rain storms for the weekend.  Lots of EA's, black flies, beads of sweat, and oodles and oodles of great times.  Come on!  Let's get the rest who can to join for next year's ATF.  I even got a personal cap of OldGuy!!!  I see there are many posts in regard to the activities.  I won't duplicate reports, pics, links etc. . . they are already here.  Make sure to open, check, and read what others are posting.  Only thing missing as far as I can tell might be the Mississippi cruise on Sunday. 

Funny how the "uncomfortable" things pale in comparison to the great fun we had.  Just saying. 

P

Iriscats

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2019, 04:45:48 PM »

This was my first ATF!.It exceeded all my expectations. Meeting Mods, Admins, and other chatters was so cool. Everyone was so friendly and made me feel so welcome. The activities were great and well organized. Meeting Robbie and watching the movie 'Secret life of Owls' was amazing made me appreciate Ows, except when they try to knock eaglets  out of the nest. Seeing Mr. Decorah was incredible. He is so beautiful. Mom and sub adult showed up multiple times every day..Thanks all of you. I look forward to next year maybe without tornado watch.  Iriscats

Puff

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2019, 05:09:42 PM »

So glad you could make it irishcats.  Nice to meet you.  See you next time.

P

Iriscats

« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2019, 06:33:57 PM »

Was great to meet you too

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2019, 03:03:34 AM »

Hiya Everyone!!

I just wanted to thank you all, for all your support during our After the Fledge Celebration!!!  Whether you attended, or just donated to our cause, I'm grateful for all of it!  We have a very special eagley family here, and I couldn't be more proud of all of you! You hung in there like troopers, during the hottest days of the year, and without our babies to watch!  I had so much fun talking to all y'all, and I hope we get to see even more of our little family at next year's celebration!!!  Mark the calendars, it starts  on July 16th, 2020!!!

Love you all muchly,

Your grateful servant Izzy :) 8)
ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering.  There is a crack in everything-that's how the light gets in

EagleAngels

« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2019, 08:49:45 AM »

Hiya Everyone!!

I just wanted to thank you all, for all your support during our After the Fledge Celebration!!!  Whether you attended, or just donated to our cause, I'm grateful for all of it!  We have a very special eagley family here, and I couldn't be more proud of all of you! You hung in there like troopers, during the hottest days of the year, and without our babies to watch!  I had so much fun talking to all y'all, and I hope we get to see even more of our little family at next year's celebration!!!  Mark the calendars, it starts  on July 16th, 2020!!!

Love you all muchly,

Your grateful servant Izzy :) 8)
Thank YOU, Izzy, and all the wonderful people who made it all happen! Sure wish I could've been there, but already have it marked on my calendar for next year! Can't wait!

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2019, 11:18:05 AM »

I also want to give a HUGE thank you to Puff, for making all our lodging arrangements so easy!  RRP appreciates your efforts to make our celebration great, and so do I!!!!! :)

You're the best Puff!! 8) 8) 8)
ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering.  There is a crack in everything-that's how the light gets in

lilbirdz

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2019, 03:43:24 PM »

Is there a link to a site for a gallery of the hardy souls at ATF and the pics that they took? I remember a labeled series of stills from a registration a few years ago, and Thinking Woman looked exactly as I'd always imagined her. Did the flooding affect the paddling trip? Did anyone get lucky enough to see DM2?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up