Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: After the Fledge 2019  (Read 14044 times)

Puff

Re: After the Fledge 2019
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2019, 08:32:56 AM »

I've just been wondering if Mom has given a "heads up" to her new guy about ATF.   He is new to the happening.  It would be interesting to hear what she had to say about the upcoming events and EA members.  LOL

P

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2019, 11:59:04 AM »

I've wondered that myself Puff.... :)
ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering.  There is a crack in everything-that's how the light gets in

TPABay111

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2019, 12:20:50 PM »

RRP pinned post about ATFhttps://www.facebook.com/RaptorResourceProject/

"Our After the Fledge auction opens today at 5:00PM CT. We have amazing art, jewelry, memorabilia, and so much more. The talent and dedication of Decorah Eagles followers never fails to amaze me! Thank you so much for your wonderful donations: https://www.32auctions.com/ATF2019

We also have a Before The Fledge Auction with gift certificates donated by Decorah businesses. Coming to Decorah for After The Fledge or any other reason? Check it out: https://www.32auctions.com/BTF2019. Thanks to Hotel Winneshiek, La Rana, Magpie Coffeehouse, Java John's, T-Bock's Sports Bar, The Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Parlor, Decorah Bicycles, Don Jose's Mexican Family Restaurant, Koreana, Kwik Star, Mabe's Pizza, Old Armory BBQ, Oneota Community Co-op, Ruby's, the Driftless Smoothie and Juice Bar, and Pulpit Rock Brewery for their support!

It's not too late to register for After The Fledge! We'll be pulling our final meal tally tomorrow, but if you'd like to register now, follow this link: http://bit.ly/2ILFW0E

Here is a schedule of events: https://www.raptorresource.org/?/12/after-the-fledge-sched?/

And here is a list of things to do in and around Decorah, written by IverBurl (with some help from Robin Brumm and extensive commentary by myself): https://www.raptorresource.org/?/things-to-do-in-and-aroun?/"

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2019, 05:02:47 PM »

Thank you for posting the link TPA, I was about to do the same ;D There are some great items up for auction, I hope all y'all take a look(and bid like mad, of course)! ;)
ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering.  There is a crack in everything-that's how the light gets in

BrokenLug

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2019, 12:26:03 AM »

I think the eagles coming & going in Mom's realm at this juncture are a moot point, but very cool interaction's none the less.  :)

There are free flying Iowa wild Bald Eagles soaring on the wing in the Hatchery area.

Some unknown to 'us' visitors ..

Please let everyone's feathers settle naturally.  8)

I hope best Eagle observation practices will be adhered to my eagle fans.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 12:32:27 AM by BrokenLug »

bsheer

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2019, 10:12:01 AM »

about the Auction: is there a way to be on a list for getting details of how to contribute? I would like to donate some of the classic Three Little Eagles and How They Grew book and the stuffed bald eagle toy that goes with it.
Thanks!  ~Mary Jo

Hi Mary Jo,
Did your items get included? I was looking forward to seeing them! :) If so, could you include the link, because I haven't been able to find it. Thanks!

TPABay111

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2019, 10:17:29 AM »

about the Auction: is there a way to be on a list for getting details of how to contribute? I would like to donate some of the classic Three Little Eagles and How They Grew book and the stuffed bald eagle toy that goes with it.
Thanks!  ~Mary Jo

Mary Jo - Amy added more items to auction yesterday, so I would suggest contacting Amy directly about including your wonderful Three Little Eagles and How They Grew and the stuffed bald eagle toy.  Since it's related to the Decorah Eagles, the listed price will be "priceless". 

ETA - I am guessing that your post on June 29 in the ATF Forum wasn't answered, as I do not see your wonderful Three Little Eagles on the RRP auction page.

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2019, 07:47:00 PM »

Mary Jo,

Sorry I din't see your post about the auction earlier.  If you still want to have it put in the auction, please send me an email to [email protected] with a brief description, your name and contact info, and at least one good picture.  I'll see if Amy can get it in.  If not, and if you are coming to Decorah for After the Fledge, we could include them in the merchandise table, or perhaps wait till next year....

~Izzy

iverburl

« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2019, 04:10:31 AM »

FYI to travellers (and paddlers)

The National Weather Service offices in La Crosse, the Quad Cities, Des Moines and the Twin Cities have issued a Flash Flood Watch for southeast Minnesota, northeast Iowa, and portions of southwest and west central Wisconsin and northwest Illinois.

* From Wednesday evening through Thursday morning

* Thunderstorms could produce repeated rounds of heavy rainfall
  tonight. Rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches are possible with
  localized higher amounts.

* Be prepared for rapidly rising water levels and possible
  flooding if you are near a river, stream, or low lying area. Be
  ready to move to higher ground if heavy rain develops. Rock and
  mudslides are possible in steep terrain areas.

*Never drive through water-covered roads, which not only can carry a car away with surprisingly little depth but also can conceal hazards. Don't drown, turn around.
Changing times require unchanging principles.

NWargo01

« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2019, 08:38:15 AM »

FYI to travellers (and paddlers)

The National Weather Service offices in La Crosse, the Quad Cities, Des Moines and the Twin Cities have issued a Flash Flood Watch for southeast Minnesota, northeast Iowa, and portions of southwest and west central Wisconsin and northwest Illinois.

* From Wednesday evening through Thursday morning

* Thunderstorms could produce repeated rounds of heavy rainfall
  tonight. Rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches are possible with
  localized higher amounts.

* Be prepared for rapidly rising water levels and possible
  flooding if you are near a river, stream, or low lying area. Be
  ready to move to higher ground if heavy rain develops. Rock and
  mudslides are possible in steep terrain areas.

*Never drive through water-covered roads, which not only can carry a car away with surprisingly little depth but also can conceal hazards. Don't drown, turn around.

Thanks for the heads up iverburl! Coming from central Indiana and hope I don't run into flooding.  Wishing everyone traveling a safe trip!
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2019, 12:28:50 PM »

Either one would be good, but I've seen "Decoding the Driftless" listed as being shown at the Luther during the presentations over there.  I also just saw a report of ?The Secret Life of Owls" and Driftless wasn't mentioned.  Any idea which one is "the' one?  :)

iverburl

« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2019, 12:43:05 PM »

They are really hopping now Nora, so I will comment. I haven't talked to anyone about it, but the owl version was on the most recent schedule.
Changing times require unchanging principles.

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2019, 01:37:08 PM »

Thanks, either one should be great. :)

T40cfr403

« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2019, 03:39:18 PM »

Decorah anglers will be recognized at After the Fledge this weekend

https://decorahnewspapers.com/Content/Home/Home/Article/Decorah-anglers-will-be-recognized-at-After-the-Fledge-this-weekend/-2/-2/48166

William Hahn, right, and Andrew Olson will be honored at "After the Fledge" this weekend.

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2019, 03:46:16 PM »

This is a note to thank all those listed on recent postings who asked about the Three Little Eagles book and stuffed toy eagle, wondering if it got into the auction. The grateful answer is Yes!, and with thanks to all of you for showing your interest. Amy put it up today, and Meg was the impetus to get it going! I will copy the email I just sent to the two of them so that you have the current status. Thanks so much, everybody! All the proceeds still go to the Friends of the Fish Hatchery (Bob Anderson's suggestion after they first went to RRP.). The book has become a classic, really, documenting that almost perfect year 2011 with the Decorah Eagles' family.  ~Mary Jo

Copy of email sent to Amy and Meg, minutes ago today July 18:

To you both! Amy, busy as you would be at this point, you took time to follow up on putting the Three Little Eagles book and toy online for the auction. Meg, thank you for efforts to get the ball rolling, along with your much-appreciated testimonial. This is great. I should have followed up earlier myself, but just wasn't able to do so.

I took a look at the posting on the auction and do appreciate the complimentary text and the idea of using the avatar (Meg's idea). Also, it is a good thing this all happened right now, because I checked the Amazon/com site for my book and found that a bookseller is offering the book for less and increasing the shipping price to more than double! After discovering this last night, and also finding that the correct ordering info was missing, I got in touch with Amazon right away with an urgent request. If I hadn't had the impetus of your help, I probably would not have discovered the Amazon errors until much later! So...thank you for your part in getting my focus on the book!
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up