Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: After the Fledge 2019  (Read 14105 times)

NWargo01

Re: I
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 04:38:25 PM »

Do you know when the forms will be available for the ATF?  Last year I had to fill out a form saying when I would be there, what activities I'd be doing, etc.  And I had to send in the fee for the Saturday dinner.  I will be doing the bike trip again, but I think I paid that directly to the bike shop the day of.

Hiya NWargo,

The forms will be ready soon luv, stay tuned!  You can pay for the dinner and the registration when we are in Decorah, and you are right, the fees for bike rental will be taken at the bike shop.

~Izzy

Thanks izzy!  And you can call me NW  :)

I am so looking forward to this year's ATF!  Hope we have a good turnout.
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

mom-mom

Re: After the Fledge 2019
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2019, 02:28:40 PM »

Will the forms have a link in the banner like last year? I don't want to miss filling them out.

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 01:28:07 PM »

Will the forms have a link in the banner like last year? I don't want to miss filling them out.

I will have the registration form here, as well as the Luther College dorm room reservation form, they should be out very soon! :)
ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering.  There is a crack in everything-that's how the light gets in

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2019, 12:18:07 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D LUTHER COLLEGE RESERVATION FORM NEWS ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;

After several years worth of attempts, we are now able to announce that, should you like to stay in Decorah through Sunday night, you can now stay in the dorms and check out Monday!!!  Thank you so much Mr. Leschansky and Luther College!

Here are the links, and some instructions:

The first link will take you to the registration page for
> booking a single room.  The second link will take you to the registration
> page for booking a double room.  The number of single occupancy rooms in
> Farwell Hall is limited and reserved on a first come first serve basis.
>
> For people wishing to book a *single occupancy room* ($50 per night) in
> Farwell Hall:
> https://luthercollege.campmanagement.com/individual-register
>
> For people wishing to book a *double occupancy room* ($43 per person per
> night) in Farwell Hall.
> https://luthercollege.campmanagement.com/group-register
>
> *Housing Registration Notes*
>
>
>    - Farwell Hall has either single or double occupancy rooms.
>    - Our registration system accepts credit card (VISA, MasterCard,
>    Discover) or ACH (e-check) payments.  Guests may either pay for their room
>    in full or make a $50 deposit with the remaining balance due on the last
>    day of your school.  Our room registration system will confirm your
>    reservation and payment via email.  Our staff will assign rooms prior to
>    your event and will have rooms assignments and keys ready upon your
>    arrival.  Keys may be picked up at the Summer Conferences, Camps, and
>    Events Office in the Dahl Centennial Union.  Check-in time is 3 p.m. and
>    check-out is 10 a.m.
>    - Please note that Luther College is not a hotel, but a residential
>    liberal arts college.  You will be staying in a dorm room and sharing a
>    common bathroom (with showers) with other guests on your floor.  We provide
>    a linen packet (2 sheets, pillowcase, towel, and washcloth) and each room
>    has pillows and blankets.  If you have mobility issues you may wish to book
>    a room at a local hotel which can better serve your needs.  We do not have
>    handicap accessible rooms.
>    - Children (2 maximum per room) under the age of 16 years old may
>    sleep on the floor of their parent?s double occupancy room in a sleeping
>    bag.  There is a $25 per child facility charge.
>    - Parking for all Farwell Hall Guests will be in the Farwell Hall
>    Parking Lot on lower campus.  The parking lot is adjacent to the residence
>    hall.  Guests may enter the residence hall from the first floor entrance to
>    get to their rooms, or to get to upper campus via a skywalk.
>    - Questions:  Please email us anytime at [email protected]
>    Please include the name of your event, your last name and the topic of your
>    message in the subject line of your email message.  After June 1 you may
>    call our summer office at 563-382-1418.
>
Stay tuned for the After the Fledge registration, that will be coming out in the next few days!

I'm getting really excited, hope all y'all are too!!!

~Izzy

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering.  There is a crack in everything-that's how the light gets in

Puff

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 01:29:30 PM »

FYI

Rooms under contract at the Fairfield Decorah are no longer available through our special arrangement.  You can, however, try the direct approach with them.  Prices are no longer guaranteed at the rates we previously were quoted.  I still have rooms on hold and available at the Hotel Winneshiek (through June 20), Quality Suites, Country Inn, and Super 8.

Puff

nhjane

• 'time goes by so slowly but time can do so much'
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2019, 11:15:21 AM »

Are there plans for an auction of eagle items as in previous yrs? I haven't seen anything mentioned.

sunset_dreamer2

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2019, 04:50:55 PM »

NHJane,

I hope so.  I have 3 items to donate if they do have the auction.  2 canvas collages (RRP and Decorah Eagles 2019) and a King size Eagle Quilt.

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2019, 11:04:09 AM »

We are planning an auction, I'll have more details soon! ;D

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 11:40:49 PM »

If people run out of room in Decorah, Cresco is 20-23 miles away from hachery, but there is:

The Cresco Motel, older, clean, has free WIFI and haven't heard complaints from people that have stayed there.  Microwave and frig.  Around $60/night.
http://www.crescomotel.com/

Super 8 by Wyndham - about the same price range, free WiFi, and breakfast.
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super-8/cresco-iowa/super-8-cresco-ia/overview

Connie's B&B 
https://www.conniescentury.com/

dskyyksd

• Godspeed and good tailwinds, E3, E5, Ozzie & E14
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2019, 05:09:11 AM »

If people run out of room in Decorah, Cresco is 20-23 miles away from hachery, but there is:

The Cresco Motel, older, clean, has free WIFI and haven't heard complaints from people that have stayed there.  Microwave and frig.  Around $60/night.
http://www.crescomotel.com/

Super 8 by Wyndham - about the same price range, free WiFi, and breakfast.
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super-8/cresco-iowa/super-8-cresco-ia/overview

Connie's B&B 
https://www.conniescentury.com/

Be sure to inquire about pets if you are taking any with you.  Some accept them, some don't.  When I stayed there last year, the Cresco Motel didn't take pets.  The Super 8 in Cresco took pets, but the Super 8 in Decorah did not, or at least didn't take cats.

iverburl

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 10:26:33 AM »

I will be coming to the ATF for the first time. Can you please tell me approximately what time the Meet and Greet is Thursday evening? I am trying to incorporate this stop into my vacation plans.
From other posts it looks like we will have to register in advance as well. Is that correct?
Something like 4pm to 7pm ... Pizza, salad and beverages at the Hatchery is typical. Advance registration lets the organizers set up events in advance, e.g. ordering food. Check this thread regularly for Izzy to link to the imminent registration. Welcome in advance to Decorah!
- Scott
Changing times require unchanging principles.

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 02:10:11 PM »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

HERE IT IS FOLKS!!!!

Here is the link to our registration form for our After the Fledge Celebration!!!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYmsu1PEBBjDZyULV7nJFq2d605SKnJWq60bKMg_bcM0QNvg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

There will be information regarding the schedules and lodging when you fill out the form!

Can't wait to see y'all there y'all!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 02:12:20 PM by izzysamlikeseagles »

izzysamlikeseagles

• ChatMods
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2019, 10:55:04 AM »

;D ;D ;D  Hiya everyone!!! :D :D :D

Just a reminder that Puff still has rooms on hold at  Country Inn, Quality Inn, Winneshiek, and Super 8!  These are the best motel rates you will find around!

Here are the local properties and what they are offering this year:

Hotel Winneshiek       3 rooms       $ 119 - $ 159 per night

Quality Inn Suites      10 rooms      $ 172 - $ 182 per night

Country Inn & Suites  10 rooms     $ 110 - $ 150 per night

Super 8 Decorah        15 rooms      $ 129 per night

*Taxes are in addition to the above amounts

Contact Puff for any further information and any questions

Puff/LaNora                 630-852-2108              [email protected]

These rooms won't be held for too much longer, so reserve yours today!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Puff

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2019, 10:56:28 AM »

Below follows the original posting for accommodations as printed here on March 12.  Except for the Fairfield, all rooms are still available at the negotiated rates.  Each property does have contractual rules specific to them.  They each come with a "valid until" date:  Quality Inn, June 18; Hotel Winneshiek, June 20, Country Inn, July 11; and Super 8, as long as available.  (Fairfield, as previously posted, became void as of June 4.  Contracted rates were $149 and $159.  A few current reservations are now to be found through hotel directly and are now being offered at $277 and  $314.)       

Our main days this year are July 17, 18, 19, and 20.  Thursday, July 18, would be our first get-together with pizza; Friday, July 19, is our planned activities day, all fun and fullfilling; Saturday, July 20, has some formal planned presentations at the college, followed by our late afternoon fun-under-the-tent picnic.  On checkout date, July 21, there is a bonus activity that usually follows.   Of course there are hours and hours of chit chatting, meeting some of the faceless posters in our media channels, and the pure joy of watching the eagles soar!   Specifics will follow later, as the people in charge of those finalize their schedules.

For my part I will again be handling the accommodations.  Reservations must be made through me, only because all the rooms are contracted and held to my credit card.  As you will see from the below listing, there are 5 different locations that I have on hold.  They are on hold until the beginning of June.  You should make your choice and then contact me with the usual information:  your full name, address, phone number, room type and hotel, your credit card number, expiration date, and security code.  The credit information is only to hold the room to you.  Nothing is charged until you check out on July 21.  Some of the properties are willing to work with anyone coming early or staying later than July 21.  There are no penalty fees if you need to cancel.  I can give a list of B & B places in Decorah and their contact info.  I do not do the reservations for them however.  Please be careful with any commitments they have.

Here are the local properties and what they are offering this year:

Hotel Winneshiek       3 rooms       $ 119 - $ 159 per night

Quality Inn Suites      10 rooms      $ 172 - $ 182 per night

Country Inn & Suites  10 rooms     $ 110 - $ 150 per night

Fairfield Marriott       10 rooms      $ 139 - $149 per night

Super 8 Decorah        15 rooms      $ 129 per night

*Taxes are in addition to the above amounts

Contact me for any further information and any questions

Puff/LaNora                 630-852-2108              [email protected]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:11:23 AM by Puff »

glogdog

• ChatMods
  • And He will raise you up on Eagles' wings!
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2019, 06:08:23 AM »

For those of you interested or planning on doing the Bike ride on beautiful Trout Run Trail at After The Fledge, here's a little information.  It is scheduled for Saturday morning, July 20.  We'll meet at Decorah Bicycles when they open at 9:00 AM.  The entire trail is an 11-mile loop around the Decorah area (Map attached).  We'll be doing the easier half which is about 4.5 miles long, one way.  There is one big hill and 1 or 2 smaller ones along the mostly flat parts, so I encourage all to get some bike riding in to get leg muscles in shape.  Our half-way point is the Hatchery were we'll stop and take a break before returning back to the Decorah Bike shop. So all total it's about a 9-mile bike trip.  The trail runs right past N2B too.  Here's a "Handlebar view" video to enjoy.  More details to come.  My fellow Moderator, Gardengirl, and I look forward to seeing you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eG0XGs7Nrw

[attachment deleted by admin]
glogdog