Archives > Archive: 2019

After the Fledge 2019

<< < (2/36) > >>

Ginger52:
Puff -- what is the meaning of ?

"This year we will have an opportunity to witness the new cast members and new responsibilities of all. "

pelmomma:
Wow!  Time to make the airplane reservations. 

tulsaducati:

--- Quote from: Ginger52 on March 12, 2019, 11:11:22 AM ---Puff -- what is the meaning of ?

"This year we will have an opportunity to witness the new cast members and new responsibilities of all. "

--- End quote ---

I'm curious about that too, Ginger

Puff:
???  Means who knows? 

My first trip to the big D was in 2012.  That was just Ton and me.  But there was no organized ATF until 2015?  My first group aid was given in 2013, but that was a small group of about 12.  Your 2015 could very well be the official founding of ATF.  That makes 2019 the 5th annual. . . . or 6th annual if you take 2014 as the start.  I'm easy.  You all decide and that's what we'll call it.   LOL

P

eburgbirdwtchr:
I started visiting the nest in 2007 after my friend Rick (retired head of Decorah Parks and Recreation) told me about a guy from National Geographic filming a couple eagles nesting at the Decorah Hatchery.  After showing me where the hatchery was, I (and sometimes Rick) visited every time I came over to quaff a beer at Toppling Goliath.
Rick and Bob Anderson were both original "Mug Club" members, and Rick often talked "eagles" with Bob, but I always missed his presence when I was there.  (But Rick heard some stories, and he relayed them to me, and after I began chatting in 2011, I'd steer some of Rick's inquiries, and learned some "inside skinny" about RRP.
All this is beside the point, but I'd like to add....although the first ATF picnic was in 2014, in 2011 there was a gathering organized by chatters (naimo, tsk, Ais4, auntfish, and others).  In 2012 we met again....and there was a Moderator Meet-Up (remember the picture with the Mods holding name tags covering there faces) where anonymity was the Prime Directive!  Then there was the picnic at Phelps Park, (I drove by but didn't stop) and then the next year ATF came into existence. (I think)  I've been to all but only participated in a few.  Bob's last ATF and his Remembrance Ceremony were my high points, but meeting all my fellow eagle lovers at the one's I registered are pretty great too.  Highly recommend the experience!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version