Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: After the Fledge 2019  (Read 12349 times)

T40cfr403

Re: After the Fledge 2019
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2019, 02:04:43 PM »

Wonderful photos, NW! Thanks. Love the one of Mom with an airplane above her! ;)
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Shootershelz

« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »

Great pics NW!!  If you don't mind my asking what is the model you're using?  Being an avid photographer something like this may really come in handy for me.

Thanks
Shootershelz
Photographer, Karaoke Junkie, Eagleholic

LisaG1967

« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2019, 02:31:42 PM »

NW, those are great pics!  Thanks for sharing. 

NWargo01

« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2019, 02:44:16 PM »

Great pics NW!!  If you don't mind my asking what is the model you're using?  Being an avid photographer something like this may really come in handy for me.

Thanks

It's a CamKing FS608 720P.  When I was shopping for one on Amazon, these binoculars were about the 3rd lowest price one of all the ones I saw. I didn't want to spend too much until I knew if they really worked well.  You can also take videos with them, but I didn't have something set right when I thought I was taking videos evidently because all that uploaded were the pics.
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

Shootershelz

« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2019, 02:49:51 PM »

Thanks NW!!
Shootershelz
Photographer, Karaoke Junkie, Eagleholic

tigeag

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2019, 03:31:27 PM »

NW, those photos are great! Thank you!!!

bustopbird

• ChatMods
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2019, 05:49:24 PM »

Great photos, NW! What fun we had :)
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on your soul.  Emily Dickinson

Iriscats

« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2019, 10:20:31 PM »

Great photo's. I bought the binocular camera also. Returning it tomorrow. Not a camera person and could not figure out the settings..maybe if I knew more about cameras. Oh well will just enjoy yours.

NWargo01

« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2019, 08:36:38 AM »

Great photo's. I bought the binocular camera also. Returning it tomorrow. Not a camera person and could not figure out the settings..maybe if I knew more about cameras. Oh well will just enjoy yours.

I know - I didn't check into all the settings before using it, which is why the date shown is incorrect.  I thought I could just use it as easy as the camera on my phone, but there are quite a few settings with the binoc/cam.  Before I use them next year I'll make sure I go through each option and have it set up already before I go.  Honestly, I didn't even know how to get into the settings until one of the people at ATF showed me how!  Plus, I thought I had done a couple of videos, but must have not done that correctly either because I couldn't find them.  So you're absolutely right - it's not as easy as aim and shoot.   :P
My spirit will never be broken or caught, for the soul is a free flying thing, like an eagle that needs neither comfort or thought to rise up on glorious wings.

NWargo01

« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2019, 08:37:36 AM »

Great photos, NW! What fun we had :)

Yes, we did!  Looking forward to next year's ATF already!   ;D

EagleAngels

« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »

I FINALLY uploaded the pics from my binocular camera today!  Great clarity and once I know what the heck I'm doing with it, it'll be nice.  Disregard the date on the pics because I obviously didn't think about changing that before I started using the binoculars!  ::)

I wanted to post these as a slideshow, but wasn't sure if I could do that in forum, and if I could, HOW to do it.  (Lori HELP!!)
Yay! Glad it worked for you. I'll be getting mine for next year's ATF, since I didn't make it this year. :( Love the shot with the blackbird! You can clearly see the red on the wings! Amazing. Thanks for posting!

NWargo01

« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2019, 08:50:39 AM »

I FINALLY uploaded the pics from my binocular camera today!  Great clarity and once I know what the heck I'm doing with it, it'll be nice.  Disregard the date on the pics because I obviously didn't think about changing that before I started using the binoculars!  ::)

I wanted to post these as a slideshow, but wasn't sure if I could do that in forum, and if I could, HOW to do it.  (Lori HELP!!)
Yay! Glad it worked for you. I'll be getting mine for next year's ATF, since I didn't make it this year. :( Love the shot with the blackbird! You can clearly see the red on the wings! Amazing. Thanks for posting!

Given how inexpensive they were, I was very pleased with the picture quality and hope to take videos next year after learning all the settings.  The main thing I wanted to do was keep my distance from the eagles, but have the pictures look like I was right there with them, and I think it did that pretty well. Thanks so much for mentioning them in chat that day - I had no idea there was such a thing!    :)