Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: In Memorium: obit links  (Read 27008 times)

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
In Memorium: obit links
« on: March 08, 2017, 08:27:47 AM »

I started this thread to recognize people who asked for donations to be made in memorium to the Raptor Resource Project. I don't tend to have online names, but I want to post links to obits since they might be people that chatted or participated in various eagle cams.

People are welcome to post obits under this thread. It will be cleaned and restarted once a year, around the first of the year.

"There is a bridge of memories
from earth to Heaven above...
It keeps our dear ones near us

It's the bridge that we call love"

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
Re: In Memorium: obit links
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 08:28:51 AM »

Billie D. (Hendrix) Farmer. She was a fan of the Decorah Eagles and sounds like a really great person...as my late mother-in-law used to say, a real hoot! http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nwitimes/obituary.aspx?n=billie-d-farmer-hendrix&pid=184349528&
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:51:57 PM by mrsfalcon »

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 10:08:26 AM »

Jean Fulmar, whom you might have known as Miss Jean. She lived in Davenport, IA: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cincinnati/obituary.aspx?n=jean-fulmer&pid=185404831&fhid=27713

Amy

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 10:09:55 AM »

Dr. John King. He traveled to Iowa to see the Decorah eagles and came to our After The Fledge party, where he really enjoyed meeting Bob: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/postbulletin/obituary.aspx?pid=184865974

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »

mrsfalcon, thank you for continuing to post obit info here.  It's very much appreciated.  I send sympathy, prayers and wishes for comfort to the family and friends of those remembered here.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 11:09:44 AM »

Mrs. Faye Belyeu Forbus, who enjoyed spending time with her family and friends, watching the Decorah Eagles, and sewing and reading:
http://www.radneyfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Faye-Forbus/

She was a very early fan of the eagles.

Amy

nanimal

• Decorah Eagle fan since April 3, 2011
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 09:30:57 PM »

I just found this thread. Very nice of you to post the obits, Amy. My condolences to those who knew and loved these Decorah Eagle fans.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston
REMEMBERING A GREAT MAN, 7-27-2015.  SOAR HIGH AND FREE, BOB
Dad Decorah, always loved and remembered

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »

Thank you for the posts here Amy.

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 08:09:48 AM »

And, I just found this thread. A very good idea, I think. Thank you Nora and Amy.
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 08:51:56 AM »

This man did not request memorial donations, but I thought everyone should know about him and the role he played in bald eagle recovery.

National Bald Eagle Champion Bids Farewell from Dansville at 93
https://geneseesun.com/national-bald-eagle-champion-bids-farewell-from-dansville-at-93/

Amy

mjot

• Three Little Eagles and How They Grew:Jacob'sStory
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »

Thank you Amy.
First book on Decorah eagles: "Three Little Eagles and How They Grew!Jacob's Story"
8.5x11",softcover,43 pg.
100%proceeds now go to Friends of Fish Hatchery-Order: www.amazon.com or  www.eaglechildrensbook.com
All ages love Decorah eagle photos/story in book+plush toy BE:$12.95 each,$25 bk&toy

mrsfalcon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 09:59:49 AM »

Margie Stocking: https://www.mathewsfuneralhome.com/notices/Margie-Stocking

I have had a lot of email and people sending me fond recollections of Margie. She was very well liked and will be deeply mourned by the Eagle Nation. I'm sorry for everyone grieving her loss.

Amy

glogdog

• ChatMods
  • And He will raise you up on Eagles' wings!
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 06:20:39 AM »

It was very kind of you, Amy, to start this thread in memory of people who loved eagles and loved the Decorah Eagles.  My sympathies to family members and friends. 
glogdog

nanimal

• Decorah Eagle fan since April 3, 2011
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 09:44:52 PM »

It was interesting to read about Thomas Rauber and the critical role he played in BE recovery.
I wonder if Margie was a forum member.
Thanks for posting these obits, Amy, and my condolences to their loved ones.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth. ~ Henry Beston
REMEMBERING A GREAT MAN, 7-27-2015.  SOAR HIGH AND FREE, BOB
Dad Decorah, always loved and remembered

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 01:52:17 AM »

Remember Pete Wachsberger & Darci?  Great couple.  I'm sorry to say Pete passed away on February 13, 2019.  Pete, Darci, and Sue Schneider wrote the book  ?Decorah Eagles: A Love Story?.

:(  Pete's obituary is at https://www.schroedermemorialchapel.com/obituaries/Peter-Wolf-Wachsberger-?obId=4170875#/obituaryInfo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 01:56:54 AM by Nora in IA »