BirdCam Forum > BirdCam General Information, Announcements & Forum Issues

In Memorium: obit links

<< < (14/16) > >>

Nora in IA:
Thanks Glo.  I hate to see members passing away one by one.  I appreciate you letting us know about Mom Never and glad you connected with Mandy.  :'(

nanimal:
Thanks, Glo, for sharing the sad update about Neverbeen. Some forum members had been concerned that she hadn't posted in a long time.  I appreciate your efforts since it's especially hard when most of us have no one to contact. I always enjoyed her posts and sense of humor and she was particularly passionate about the state of our environment.  She also spoke out strongly about lead, which, as we all know, is so devastating for our eagles and more. I'm glad her family was with her at her passing.  She was an original here and will be fondly remembered. Condolences to her family and her close forum friends.  RIP, Never!

mrsfalcon:
Another obit. Julie Shaffer: https://www.jvleahyfh.com/obituary/julie-shaffer
"Julie worked as a Professor of English at Indiana University. She will be remembered as an incredible wife and mother. She loved gardening, reading, good champagne, caring for animals; especially her basset hounds. Julie's energy for life and adventure spread contagiously in every social or intimate setting. Our family feels the greatest loss from her ability to live in the moment, and make everyone she came into contact with feel special and important. Her sparkle she added to every room, remains permanent for us. "

Amy

jpalmken_judi:
Hello all. I am Jim's (JP's) daughter and I was guided to these forms by @johoward when I informed him of my Dad's passing. It is so nice to see the notes and condolences. He left us so quickly and I miss him terribly. I was born at the same time he retired from the Navy (SURPRISE!) so I missed the Navy years (my brothers are 16 and 19 years older than me). Growing up in Key West he was always close by to try to help me with Math (my nemesis) and he loved his gadgets and puzzles so much. I have 2 sons and the younger one, also named James, will be 22 tomorrow and will soon be graduating from Florida Polytechnic University with his Engineering Degree. I wish my Dad was here to see that but I know he is always watching. Right after we made the decision to request palliative care to ease his breathing struggles, my brother had an Eagle fly around his house for about 20 minutes and we don't usually see them within the city limits here. I know he was telling us everything would be ok.

Thank you again.

Judi

--- Quote from: Nora in IA on September 22, 2020, 05:58:55 PM ---We lost another one too!  JPalmken (JP) passed away on Sept. 10th.  He would have been 97 this Saturday, the 26th.  As the lady from the assisted living facility said, "all his friends here and all of us really miss him, he was a wonderful guy.  His big goal was to live to be 100."

He joined our RRP forum Sept. 24, 2011 and I loved his Navy stories from when he was career Navy.  He had a good sense of humor and was such a caring guy.  I swear he stayed on Navy time after he retired.  He'd post at 5 AM and say he overslept.  He was our "poppa bear" on the bear thread and also posted such cute morning greetings.  He made lots of JigZone puzzles for everyone to work.
--- End quote ---

ra:
Welcome to the forum, Judi!  We all thought so much of your dad and are so sad to have lost him!  Visit Jewel's thread while you're here.  He spent most of his time here, other than with the puzzles, there with the "bear people".   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version