Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mn DNR Nongame wildlife, Peregrine Falcon, Bremer Bank Building, St.Paul, Mn.  (Read 25961 times)

Nora in IA

• May 30, 2020 Great Spirit Bluff

So I did some reading back in this thread.  "Arcadia's Dad is Lewis, born in 2003 at the Fargo nest, banded black/green 76/P. Lewis's Dad was the legendary Dakota Ace, banded black/red *H/D. His Mom was Frieda, born at the Alma, Wisconsin nest in 2001, banded black/green 24/A."  I didn't know she was out of Dakota Ace.  I used to watch him at Fargo when they had the cam!!

Speaking of Dakota Ace, here is a good history of the peregrines at Fargo and Dakota Ace. https://dakota.audubon.org/fargo-falcons-bank-west
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:32:57 PM by Nora in IA »

pefgirl

Still only 2 chicks as off this late morning.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jannice

Last night

this morning

pefgirl

Banding will happen June 2nd, time TBD.

jannice

Jackie, do you know what if anything has happened to the 2nd chick?
I'm sure I'm just worrying for no reason, but sure would like to know.

jannice

Info that SGB got was Trichomonas got the baby.  Surviving one seems to be doing fine.

jannice

Self feeding and doing great

[attachment deleted by admin]

pefgirl

{Jackie, do you know what if anything has happened to the 2nd chick?
I'm sure I'm just worrying for no reason, but sure would like to know.}

No I don't.  I was notified late the day it died, but had already gone north to band chicks.  I was in contact with the DNR, and she notified me that the chick appeared to be having seizures, but that once I had someone retrieve the carcass, that it could be disposed of without a necropsy. 

Who are the initials {Info that SGB got was Trichomonas got the baby.  Surviving one seems to be doing fine.} that mention that they heard the bird had trich?  To my knowledge, the bird was never examined by a pathologist/vet.

pefgirl

FYI, the tiercel fledged this am.

pefgirl

The tiercel at this site was found dead yesterday, cause of death:  collision.

pefgirl

As at the Multifoods site, we also have confirmed occupancy by a new tiercel.  This year's male is TommyHawk b/g H/33, a 13 year old male that had previously been found on territory at Cargill plant, Savage, MN.  He is paired with Arcadia b/r B/05, a nine year old female who has nested here since 2016.  The camera is also live and can be followed at https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/features/webcams/falconcam/index.html

pefgirl

First egg was laid last night, confirmed early this morning.  The 2022 season is in full gear and looks very promising.