Archives > Peregrine Falcons 2022

Mn DNR Nongame wildlife, Peregrine Falcon, Bremer Bank Building, St.Paul, Mn.

(1/21) > >>

MpMom:
http://www.webcams.dnr.state.mn.us/falcon/

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources' Nongame Wildlife Program is broadcasting a Web streaming video of peregrine falcons nesting on the top of the Bremer Bank Building in downtown St. Paul. With the help of the Town Square merchants as well as the Midwest Peregrine Society, The Nongame Program is able to provide this unique opportunity to watch peregrines raise their young in an urban setting.

In 1987, a nesting box was placed on the east side of the building and was first used by a pair of falcons in 1988. Several pairs of falcons have chosen this site as their home, producing 65 chicks through 2012. Last year was the 9th year that the pair "Jill" and "Sota" had occupied the box. Sota hatched in 1994 and had been nesting since 1998. Despite missing two toes on each foot (probably due to frostbite), and being 17 years old, Sota had been able to provide enough food for himself, all of his offspring and his mate during incubation and early brooding of chicks. Unfortunately, Sota has not been seen this season. Jill has returned and has a new mate and they have begun laying eggs. After about a 35-day incubation period, the chicks should hatch close to Memorial Day weekend.

Does anyone know when the cam will start. Just me waiting. :-\

shep:
Ah good - I can post
fooled around with login til I can get the - REPLY - button.
Amy knows
just keep logging in

jannice:
CAM IS LIVE NOW!!!!!!

MpMom:
Hey everyone! Yep it is on now ;D

MpMom:
 ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version