Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602982 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26805 on: May 25, 2023, 07:08:05 AM »

6:47
Very cool out this morning. Only 49 at 8am, but it is sunny.
 May have to put on long pants when I go over to Shannon's to wait for delivery of new bathroom vanity with a marble top.  I have to be there from 9 to 1.  They say.  I am to inspect the pieces for damage and sign for the delivery per Debbie.  Sure hope not to see any damage. Debbie has hired a man and his company to remodel Shannon's bathroom.  It is costing her $14,000.  I think this is high, but what do I know.  I never did any remodeling that I could not do myself.  Some jobs took me a long time, because I had to learn how to do things.  I was especially slow at wallpapering. Some, like Joan, would say that three years for two rooms was too slow.  However, I did have a lot to learn.  A LOT!
OK now I have to start getting ready for the day so I will say CUL EV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26806 on: May 25, 2023, 12:13:01 PM »

The U.S. State Department has approved a potential foreign military sale to Ukraine for a National Advanced Surface to Air Missile System, or NASAMS.

Raytheon
’s facility in Tucson, Arizona, will be the primary contractor for the defense system, which is expected to cost an estimated $285 million.

“Ukraine has an urgent need to increase its capabilities to defend against Russian missile strikes and aircraft. Acquiring and effectively deploying this capability will enhance Ukraine’s ability to defend its people and protect critical national infrastructure,” the State Department wrote in a release announcing the sale.

— Amanda Macias
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26807 on: May 25, 2023, 05:10:19 PM »

Horses ...  30:26     95°  (2:26 pm)   Sunny, a few gauzy clouds and a slight breeze.  😎🌵

I hope the day is going well for you.

Hi Cal ...  I know, I am sure many on Soc. Sec. are afraid of the prospects of losing it.  The effects of that would be catastrophic.  And you mentioned censorship and being able to read what you want to read.  If I had to raise my kids in these times, I would home school them.

Hi Joho  ...  Occasionally I would see some young woman on TV that was restoring or remodeling a room or a house, and I'd wish I had been someone who had gained those skills.  I know it is a matter of learning things as you go along.  I have two bathrooms here that could use some work, but I guess it will have to wait for the next one who owns this house.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26808 on: May 25, 2023, 11:07:59 PM »

Neva,  You could do what Debbie is doing at any age.  She is picking colors and sizes and money.  I don't know where she learned all this, but I suspect her mother had a lot to do with it.  Also her very good friend and realtor Kit Custer has a husband in the remodel business.  He has the real talent, and the tools.  I met the plumber and a carpenter today.  They look like good capable workers, and I told Debbie so.  I also had to ask her to find the spare key and to tell the three men I saw there today to watch out for Covid.  A person who was on my church tour bus yesterday has tested positive today.  I don't know where on the bus she sat, but because of fairness the guide made us all alternate exit routes so that at least once she walked within inches of my elbow in the aisle.  I will isolate and test for a few days.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26809 on: May 26, 2023, 05:17:15 AM »

hi you guys its 57 here 49 in iceland and 79 in kyiv

hi joho i hope you are okay try to go do something and still have this stuff around.  :( is this the new normal course i pretty much stay here and pick up stuff but do go in harps if old feed store ever gets changed to tractor supply will go in there some not much.

hi neva when we built this house just picking out a house i wanted built i had in mind what i wanted and changed stuff color inside picked out what we liked and bathrooms here outdated but we dont care its  bathrooms.  i read that erd may have some trouble this sunday in elections that man who wanted people to vote for him since he was out are not going to do that.  i am worried about that debt falling. and i do not think i could home school if i had a kid i cant make my dogs mind real well but they do know alot of words i would not live in florida for one. i do not think ron read what i tell you will not get in. i hope. telling you what your kids can read in school. pretty sad times here.

hi alice this  morning we are going to the city and finally picking our new truck.

i gotta hurry get stuff done

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/97055D59A659
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26810 on: May 26, 2023, 08:34:52 AM »

I worked for two years to arrange for this church tour.  I was elated it finally happened.
 Now with this covid scare I am devastated.  I could just swear.  Right in front of Memorial Day too.  I will miss class brunch today, annual rib burnoff with Mary at Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds today, visit with Goddaughter after 12 years of her being in Louisiana,  seeing my family for a cook out, seeing little Bash walking.  I am MAD!
Hope you are all well and have some fun this long weekend.
Cal, Debbie is not redoing her bath just for the fun of it.  It was built wrong.  It had a leaking window in an outside wall in the shower.  The wall got wet and rotted unknown until the tile fell off. The wall was swinging in and out when the wind blew.  The carpenter said it was his first time to see a wall swinging in the wind.
My sweet Shannon who lives there left me a surprise on the kitchen counter, but did not mention it to me.  After I left and while I was walking along the cold and windy lake shore in Avon Lake where I grew up Shannon asked how I liked her surprise.  I told her where I was and that I would have to go back to get it. That was a good thing too, because I met the plumber and his helper at the door as I entered. He asked suspiciously, "who are you"?  I said firmly, " I live here".  So we got over that bump easily, and he showed me around the project.  Then we all hit the road.
My "surprise" you are probably wondering about was a whole box of French's Chili-O mix.  I am set for about a year now thanks to Shannon.  I left her some chili in her freezer.  She will like it.
Very cool last night and this morning too.  It is only 53 now at 9:26.  May have to put on the long pants today.  I got them out yesterday, but did not put them on.  I froze at the lake.
So now I will go start my isolation.  Mary says it may not be necessary, but I don't want to risk spreading the virus to my family or friends.  I would rather suffer alone.  Even on Memorial Day.  I will just visit my several graves of Joan, Mom, Dad, Brother, and Joan's Mom and Brother, Bill.
Bye for now GBU EV1 and GB Ukraine.
I forgot it took me 6:36 on canoes.  Mouse was sticky, and eyes were watery too. LOL

calihoula

« Reply #26811 on: May 26, 2023, 12:22:45 PM »

Hoofbeats In Heaven
In Praise Of The Horse

Tribute To The Human/Equine Bond

Horses In Heaven
Author Unknown

An old man and his horse were riding down a dirt road with fences on both sides. They came to a gate in the fence and looked in. It was nice, with a grassy, woody area...just what an old man and his horse would like, but it had a sign saying, "No Trespassing", so they walked on. They came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing there. "Welcome to Heaven.", he said. The old man was happy and started to ride his horse in. The gatekeeper stopped him, "Animals aren't allowed. I'm sorry but he can't come with you."

"What kind of heaven won't allow animals? If he can't come in, I will stay out with him. He's been my faithful companion all his life and I can't desert him now."

"Suit yourself, but I have to warn you, the devil's on this road and he will try to sweet talk you into his area...he'll promise you anything...but the horse can't go there either. If you won't leave the horse, you will spend eternity on this road."

So the old man and horse rode on. They came to a run-down fence with a gap in it, no gate, just a hole. Another old man was inside, "S'cuse me Sir, my horse and I are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in a rest in the shade awhile?" "Of course, there's some cool water under that tree over there, along with a bucket of water for your horse. Make yourselves comfortable.".

"You're sure my horse can come in? The man down the road said animals weren't allowed anywhere."

"Would you come in if you had to leave your horse?"

"No Sir, that's why I didn't go to Heaven, he said the horse couldn't come in. We'll be spending eternity on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be mighty fine right now. But I won't come in if my buddy here can't come in, and that's final."

The man replied, "Welcome to Heaven.".

"You mean this is Heaven? Horses are allowed? How come that guy down the road said they weren't?"

"That was the devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a life-long companion for a comfortable place to stay. They soon find out their mistake, but then it's too late. The animals come here, the fickle people stay there. God wouldn't allow animals to be banned from Heaven. After all, He created them to be man's companion in life, why would he separate them in death?"
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26812 on: May 26, 2023, 12:39:39 PM »

hi joho i hope  debbies bathroom gets done right! if you wear a mask and stay back some maybe it will be okay but i understand its your family so still honor the graves go thru drive thru get food. here i will swear for you ********  great gift chili o!

hi alice i drove new truck home jim went to hospital to see his dad i did not have a key to the house i always go out thru garage got opener for that so got home could not get it called jim he said didnt i leave front door unlock NO i did have my gate opener i went to get back in truck but could not get in it no running boards jim had to push me up in the seat at dealer. i went and cleaned out barn going to put a house key in smokie and maybe the barn too raccoonie carts off stuff but they cant open smokies door. i dont think.

calihoula

« Reply #26813 on: May 26, 2023, 12:42:22 PM »

hi joho i hope  debbies bathroom gets done right! if you wear a mask and stay back some maybe it will be okay but i understand its your family so still honor the graves go thru drive thru get food. here i will swear for you ********  great gift chili o! today is our friend marge birthday

hi alice i drove new truck home jim went to hospital to see his dad i did not have a key to the house i always go out thru garage got opener for that so got home could not get it called jim he said didnt i leave front door unlock NO i did have my gate opener i went to get back in truck but could not get in it no running boards jim had to push me up in the seat at dealer. i went and cleaned out barn going to put a house key in smokie and maybe the barn too raccoonie carts off stuff but they cant open smokies door. i dont think.

johoward

« Reply #26814 on: May 26, 2023, 03:56:31 PM »

Cal,
Are you still locked out?  Not funny, but I am laughing anyway.  I am trying to get my eyes to stop crying over your Horses do go to heaven story.
Thanks for the swearing too.  I needed that, but  i don't know who to swear at except China and that is just a guess.
I am a little jealous of your new truck.  Just so you know.  I am going to Ely in my Sportage.  I bought it because my bike fits inside.  I hope it does not get stolen, because I will likely be sleeping in it at least some of the time.
So far today I did go for a bike ride.  Nobody close there.  Mary says I should not worry about isolation.  She says her employer, University Hospital, no longer requires it.  Not sure what she means there, but I am not going to Rib Burnoff with her tonight.  I will miss that.  I love my ribs with nothing on them.  Instead I am blabbing on here. LOL
Nice out now 65 degrees.  I will go for another ride.
By now EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #26815 on: May 26, 2023, 05:55:04 PM »

Canoe ...  22:26    92°  (3:24 pm)  Sunny and a slight breeze.

Joho   I'm sorry to hear of your having to miss out on so much, but also appreciate that you are considerate of others.  I think most people are forgetting that it is still out there.  I think Cal is right, it's there and yearly shots will be the new normal.

Cal ...   I hope that you weren't locked out for too long.  Does Jim's truck have steps on the side, at the door?  I think you were saying that it didn't?  Yes -- no running board. 

Reminds me of puppy - Harlow:

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26816 on: May 27, 2023, 05:23:39 AM »

Bear Center Fencing, Mystery Bears, and More - UPDATE May 26, 2023

Indigo Bunting
At the North American Bear Center, Low Impact Excavator chief John Wavrin and his workers are using a lot of heavy equipment to make big progress on the fencing.Dr. Rogers hard at work (Scott made him do it!)
Dr. Rogers hard at work
(Scott made him do it!)
 In this 4½-minute video Scott Edgett and Spencer Peter tell about the progress, the new pens, new dens, and new look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68bqQ_xvUac

At the WRI new bears are showing up, including a mystery mother and her male yearling that are still a tight pair. The team is working on clues to ID them.Evening grosbeak male
Evening grosbeak male

These two males, an evening grosbeak and indigo bunting, tied as the birds of color the last couple days.

As more bears show up we wait anxiously for certain favorites while trying to ID ones that are a little difficult.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Next
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26817 on: May 27, 2023, 05:44:10 AM »

hi you guys its 49 here 49 in iceland and 76 in kyiv 52 in the barn funny scott made dr rogers work.  :) those birds are just too beautiful for words.

hi joho well no not really funny being locked out jim had to leave his dad and drive all the way home like an hour dogs saw me outside barking get in here mom so cleaning out the barn took up the time now i have spare keys in smokie and in the barn. not happen again. yes i cussed out china for you me too. oh no coyote kitchen dogs are at it jim trying to sleep him and justin cut the hay field yesterday afternoon. putting up hay next few days indys new halter should be coming next tuesday. i dont know where anything is at on new truck and i cannot even get in it by myself on driver side jim said running boards be here next tuesay too. they should just come with them ford should do that. hi alice i was saying to jim cause he does know i am handicapped and should of gotten them he said that later i wish everyone would have to be handicapp for just a little while see how it is and while they are that handicap person gets to walk like they can. i looked up your sportage looks like my 2015 escape but it is not a ford you should have good travels in it though. i sure hope it does not get stolen. i read once on the ely bear deal everyone sleeps in a room i was thinking oh that would not work for me i would have to get a hotel room have my bathroom close and a tv on all night someone could bring you some ribs.

hi neva funny on harlow im coming someone puked on my bed in the middle of night close to my head. like around 2 am i moved over closer but was at the edge of the bed so i just got up cleaned it up had to tell penny to shut it just cleaning up the bed i hear my barn swallows on the front porch so by then it was time to just be up.  when i called my insurance lady becky told her we got the truck and how i got locked out and could not get up in no running boards and she is not handicapp but said she would not be able to get in their truck either without them boards..

GB Ukraine GB all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1B055D50D91E?z=0

johoward

« Reply #26818 on: May 27, 2023, 12:08:26 PM »

4:52  Pretty high average today at 7:28.
 Been waiting with Reb to see Iowa on Pond Cam. Not yet.
Getting hungry.  12 is lunch time. Now it is 1pm, and I still need to go get mail.
Nice out 71 and sunny.  Will ride bike.
GBU EV1 and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #26819 on: May 27, 2023, 05:42:33 PM »

Brown Cow ...  22:01      93°  (2:57  pm)   Sunny w/ a few small clouds and a good breeze.   

Hi everyone, I hope all is well with you.

Cal ...  No running boards, that is a problem. Glad you are getting them.  I would have a problem getting in the truck even with running boards.  I couldn't get into my son-in-law's truck if my life depended on it.  You are right, they should have been  on there at delivery of the truck.   Yes, if people could spend a day or two dealing with being handicapped, the world would be a kinder, more understanding place.

Hi Joho  It sounds like you are having a nice day at 71 degrees.  I hope you enjoyed your bike ride.

(J.W. Stephens)