Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 618434 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26490 on: March 23, 2023, 05:37:30 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26491 on: March 23, 2023, 05:39:28 AM »

Wildlife Seen and Unseen - UPDATE March 22, 2023

Crows Cawing
Crows eating
Crows eating

By day, flocks of goldfinches and pine siskins outnumber each of the other bird visitors as they compete for sunflower seeds. Flocks of blue jays and crows compete for raw peanuts out of the shell. As the flock of 23 crows arrive, some of them sit together on a branch and alternate bowing as they caw together. When eating, crows are the most peaceful with each other, eating shoulder to shoulder, touching their sides together, putting their heads under each other to get nuts, and eating head to head, all done more peacefully than I’ve seen with any other birds.

Red fox
Red fox
Goldfinches and Pine siskins
Goldfinches and Pine siskins
Gray fox
Gray fox
At night, Bob Cat, a red fox, and one or two gray foxes have been coming frequently, but their timing is such that these pictures by "Eyes of the Night" are the only ones we’ve gotten. In fact, they were the only sightings of them by a person. Other views mostly showed them small in wide view security cameras.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26492 on: March 23, 2023, 05:55:28 AM »

hi you guys its 42 rainy 37 in iceland 60 in kyiv and 52 in the barn. i love my crows around here too what great pictures of them. doc and eyes get some good ones.  this morning in my bathroom bleary eyes getting dressed putting on my shoes and one of my cats had puked in it. not the first time for this so now i will get some kind of container to put my shoes in,. and i left my sack of cookies and a little debbie in the barn with 3 big fat raccoons they was eating their dog food outta of the pans i put it in but pretty sure they will get that sack i did not go back out had maybe wanting back in the garage and dogs barking in the kitchen jim looking for me. barn floor sprung a leak yesterday so i filled it with pellets and put out more. all this rain. california had a tornado tons of rain there. i do not like spring at all.

hi joho well looked like you was going to bed.  i saw on the world news putin missile going thru that big apt complexin ukraine china pres was still here putins good friend enjoying that. such evil mean people in this world i truly hope they pay for their actions. i hope that ron desantis is done not wanting to help ukraine anyone who thinks that  :(

hi neva i did not see you getting that storm on the weather channel

gb ukraine gb sandys family gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A5055D4E473F?z=0

calhound

« Reply #26493 on: March 23, 2023, 05:59:38 AM »

i went to the donkey barn cam have not been there for a little while no one in the barn its wide open no gate and went to falcon cam and the falcon is sitting on its front porch pretty cool

johoward

« Reply #26494 on: March 23, 2023, 07:45:33 AM »

6:21   
Good morning EV1.  Been up since about 5:30.  Rainy and warm out 53 already.  I am tired of being cooped up. May go for a walk in the rain later. Been doing nothing for too long.  That really means looking at lots of cams and playing a lot of solitaire.  I have a very long list of favorites on several search engines.  Mostly on Google and Firefox.
Had cereal pills paper and two coffees already.  Also watched some Zoo and Gold miners on TV.  These both are reruns that I have seen many times.  It is hard for me to find anything new on my TV.  So I go on line and do solitaire a lot.  Which I will do now. Bye EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #26495 on: March 23, 2023, 11:36:18 AM »

hi joho temp dropping here still rainy i went to bank got gas coming back road crew had my road to home block only one way wait your turn man said go started to go oh stop he held up okay now he waves go again ru sure buddy? yes go very narrow curvy road hwy went to barn heard water oh indy taking a pee along one got bucket full of pellets he poop it was runny hope he is okay. another rainy cruddy day again tomorrow and next day  :( rain filling up dogs inground pool. got clothes in dyer going down stairs feed cats.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26496 on: March 23, 2023, 02:40:56 PM »

nora posted at fb

David Attenborough Club
March 21 at 1:55 PM  ·
Stunning wildlife photograph captures peregrine falcon in the form of a B-2 bomber! See the amazing shot by photographer Thomas Kaestner in La Jolla, San Diego. Patience and preparation pay off in wildlife photography, and this photograph is a testament to that.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #26497 on: March 24, 2023, 05:46:49 AM »

hi you guys its 33 here right now its clear but rain coming of course maybe over to snow tonight 38 in iceland 61 in kyiv and 51 in the barn.
 got to finish feeding everyone and head to walmart going to hoof it not do pick up rather do pick up but did order last night just went to bed.
got lots of bookwork to do today.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/24055D4EB0A4?z=0

calhound

« Reply #26498 on: March 24, 2023, 05:51:14 AM »

johoward

« Reply #26499 on: March 24, 2023, 08:42:35 AM »

6:56  Talk about average. LOL
Good morning.  Normal wake up this morning.  Stayed up a little late last night watching the very exciting basketball game between Gonzaga and UCLA.  WOW!  I almost gave up on this game when the score was very lopsided in favor of UCLA.  I thought seriously of drifting off to bed.  Glad I did not. Gonzaga pulled it out with a long 3 pointer at the buzzer, but UCLA made a really heroic run at them in the last minute of play.  I especially like the fact that play was strong but mostly clean.  With not, in my opinion, many penalty shots.
I am not usually a fan of basketball, but a friend sent me a text asking who I liked in this game, and got me started. I struggled through a blowout by UCONN over Arkansas.  Then saw UCLA take charge of Gonzaga in the first half.  Almost went to bed at that point, but decided to watch just a little to see if anything changed after halftime, and wow it did.
Well tonight at 8pm I will be looking in to see if Gonzaga can handle UCONN.  It is on CBS from Las Vegas.
I have caught a little case of March Madness. LOL
I am going alone to see Doc. and his wild bears in July.  I will start getting ready by walking a lot and getting things together.  This a bucket list item for me.  I have put it off too long.  Missed Ted and Honey.
Bye for now CUL EV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26500 on: March 24, 2023, 09:18:02 AM »

hi joho i was happy my wildcats beat mi! go cats!  very exciting you are planning on seeing doc the bears! yes missed honey and ted so see lucky boy and those girls holly tasha

calihoula

« Reply #26501 on: March 24, 2023, 01:11:59 PM »

hi alice

Martin Pengelly in New York
@MartinPengelly
Thu 23 Mar 2023 09.05 EDT
Ron DeSantis has reversed his position on Ukraine, after facing widespread criticism for calling the Russian invasion a “territorial dispute”.

Speaking to Fox Nation in an interview to be broadcast in full on Thursday, the Florida governor and probable contender for the Republican presidential nomination said his “territorial dispute” remark had been “mischaracterised”.

Ron DeSantis
DeSantis hits Republican poll low as Trump tightens grip on primary
Read more
“Obviously, Russia invaded – that was wrong,” he said. “They invaded Crimea and took that in 2014 – that was wrong.”

DeSantis also called Vladimir Putin, the president of Russia, a “war criminal”.

The international criminal court has issued a warrant for Putin’s arrest. Though the US is not a member of the ICC, Joe Biden said the move was justified.

DeSantis said: “I don’t know about that route, but I do think that he should be held accountable.”

The Florida governor has not declared a run for the presidency but he is the only close challenger to Donald Trump in polling and is widely expected to enter the race this spring.

He made his “territorial dispute” remark last week, in answer to the Fox News host Tucker Carlson. The remark aligned DeSantis with Trump but also prompted fierce criticism across the political spectrum.

On Wednesday, Reed Galen, a Republican strategist turned anti-Trump campaigner, said: “DeSantis is a conventional politician. They’re polling like mad and found his Ukraine position is unpopular with general election Republicans. Also, donors hate it.”

neva

« Reply #26502 on: March 24, 2023, 07:24:18 PM »

Church Steeple ...  28:21     60°  (4:35 pm)   partially cloudy, windy and quite a few planes in the air right now.  I love it!  Apparently, besides having Ukrainian pilots honing their skills with the F-16s, we have an Air Show coming up this weekend at the Base and the Thunderbirds are in town and flying too.  Thank goodness I love it 'cause some of them go over the house pretty low.

Thanks for posting the Tower thing, Cal.  lol!    oh, and thanks for the Raptor bird and B2 Bomber comparison.   Beautiful!  A great bit of designing done there, borrowing from nature.  That is a Peregrine Falcon, a perfectly logical model for the design of that bomber.

Joho ... Your trip to see and participate with Dr. Rogers and the bears is very, very cool.  We're proud of you.  Take care of yourself. 

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #26503 on: March 25, 2023, 05:34:53 AM »

Tasha Up, Swans Back, and a First - UPDATE March 24, 2023

Trumpeter Swans
Trumpeter Swans
Trumpeter Swans mating
Trumpeter Swans
Trumpeter Swans mating

Trumpeter Swans
Trumpeter Swans mating
Trumpeter Swans
Trumpeter Swans after mating
Spring has sprung, and bears in Tasha’s old stomping grounds in Kentucky are stirring, while bears in Lucky’s old home of Wisconsin are a little later. Thank you "Happy Cub" for catching and creating this.

Tasha by "Happy cub"
Tasha by "Happy cub"

Today spring sprang here beautifully with the temperature in the high 40’s F, no wind, and a blue sky. It was time for Donna and my spring tradition of seeing the Trumpeter Swans that have returned to an open stretch on the Shagawa River just east of Ely. About a dozen swans were back, mostly pairs, with a dozen or so Goldeneye Ducks sharing the water. The nearest pair of swans looked serene with no hint what would come next, something I never saw before, and now I know why. It only happened for about a minute. But a lot happened in that time. Suddenly, the male, the swan on the right in the serene picture, was on his mate, taking the back of her head in his bill with both of their heads submerged for a few seconds. Then their heads were up where they could breathe again as they went from one position to another, ending with what looked like a celebration of both their heads extended tall together. A lucky sighting.

Then it was back to work. A good day.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #26504 on: March 25, 2023, 05:49:41 AM »

hi you guys its 38 rainy barn got water on that one side just so much rain like every single day and more this weekend and next week  >:( watching weather channel last night bad weather for arkansas and MS and tn tornados they said get shelter now we got lots of rain i so hate spring. saw paces up north under winter advisory why cant that be here. lucky bear you just sleep as along as you like. its 38 in iceland 66 and light rain for kyiv

hi neva! cool you got all the planes just as long they stay up there  ca for trump he said on that picture that is all politians but i said well maybe not and someone who gets an angry crazy mob to storm our capital and some people lost their lives threaten to hang our VP and harm our speaker of the house that takes a special ahole. ca trump hates unions want people to work for cheap wages you belong to a union.

hi joho

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EA055D587920?z=0