Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603578 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26265 on: February 06, 2023, 11:09:37 AM »

hi joho laughing at orange experiment  :) windy but another nice day not a feb day letting out indy in an half hour. got tax stuff about done drop off wed morning tomorrow feed store get three bags of snake away price went up of course but this i have to have protect my barn birds mice maybe indy sweets although im sure sweets indy can handle that but rather snake be gone. last summer i barely had enough sold out everywhere. yes religious animosity pretty bad  :( hope those tanks get to ukraine this week today would be nice
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26266 on: February 06, 2023, 02:55:53 PM »

donkey cam shetland pony standing with its head between bars on gate indy does that trying to get treats outta me i tell him boy get your head out! he turns his head sideways and goes back out little pony still has head in gate could someone tell it to get its head out.  neva?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #26267 on: February 06, 2023, 03:03:32 PM »

donkey told shetland to get its head outta gate and it did! :)

neva

« Reply #26268 on: February 06, 2023, 03:41:38 PM »

Pasture ... 35:12    62°  (2:07)   Sunny, a few clouds and windy.

I hope that all is well with everyone.

Cal  -  Quite a few years back, I heard that Erdogan managed to get himself elected 'President for Life'.  That says all you need to know about him.     

If someone of the volunteers or staff notices, they could talk to the pony.  At least the donkey was paying attention to the Shetland.  😊  Indy pays attention to you, likes to know where you are.  He knows who his mom is.

Joho  -  Yes, you are right, so many have done so much evil and used God as the excuse for doing it, in the history of this planet.       When will the lakes be ready for fishing again?
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #26269 on: February 06, 2023, 06:12:57 PM »

hi neva well putin too made himself president for life poor stupid people stuck with them. yes indy pays attention to me wants to know where i am sweets maybe yes jim says maybe loves you so i spend lots of time working being in the barn and my dogs love love me my cats in here love love me at end of day like now everyone fed clean i can just lay down watch little tv sleep. for first time  indy let me comb his back he rolled today big mudball his pretty hair pretty butt shoulders mud  he lets me do his face mane tail he turns and i know tail okay to comb but never back hateful about it but not today.  :) he is all combed out such a pretty boy. he was talking to me not his hee haw or chortle soft talking he sounded like his horse half like pearl...

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26270 on: February 07, 2023, 05:23:05 AM »

hi you guys its 35 clear here 36 rain snow in iceland 30 and cloudy in kyiv and 51 in the barn.  horse shetland mule and donkey all in the barn standing up resting. not snowing at falcon cam  got to go get supplies in a bit. i saw on the world news that wagner group putin has hired many dying in ukraine now they would rather sit in russia jail do their time than go to war. pitiful how selfish one person can be. when will those russian people overthrow him. turkey should do the same and china too.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A1055D4D7577?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26271 on: February 07, 2023, 08:51:14 AM »

Wow! 4:49. Way faster then average. Mouse working good today.
Lots of good cam views this morning.  Two big cattle.  Puppies and pond.
Lots of deer on Pantry PTZ. PA bear yawning and up a little.
Now time for taxes here.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26272 on: February 08, 2023, 05:03:22 AM »

Memories of Two Special Bears that Touched Our Hearts - UPDATE February 7, 2023

Deer near Beaver Lodge
Watching this 8 ½-minute video of our beloved Ted’s fifteen years at the North American Bear Center made me think again how lucky we were to have him among us as an ambassador. He had a heart that touched hearts—he did ours. He will never be forgotten. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkERseL5OWs

And on this 13th anniversary of 16-day-old Hope snuggled into Lily’s fur making a debut of sorts when the ambient temperature was 10°F, the person who sent this to me yesterday describes it best, saying:

“This is great and MANY of us 'new fans' at that time stayed up VERY LATE watching Hope going up and down in Lily's fur for 3 1/2 hrs!!!! We were mesmerized and so excited!!"

Linda did a terrific job of putting it into this 6 minute video for us to 'relive' over and over!! It’s The Case of the Sinking Cub (Starring Lily and her little girl) 2/7/10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKxlVy61oL8

Out the window, looking across Woods Lake at deer near the beaver lodge, it was a mild day up around freezing.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26273 on: February 08, 2023, 05:12:47 AM »

hi you guys its 27 here 37 rain snow wind in iceland 31 and cloudy for kyiv and 51 in the barn. update sad good pic of deer and good it was above freezing i got to go drop off tax stuff this morning get gas go to the bank

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

donkey cam horse mule shet birds did not see donkey but sure it is in there behind mule or horse

not snowing at falcon cam

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7F055D56E553?z=0

calhound

« Reply #26274 on: February 08, 2023, 05:16:23 AM »

calihoula

« Reply #26275 on: February 08, 2023, 11:16:49 AM »

calihoula

« Reply #26276 on: February 08, 2023, 12:34:52 PM »

Notorious Russian nationalist Igor Mangushev shot dead in Ukraine  :)
By Paul Kirby
BBC News
Notorious Russian army captain and mercenary Igor Mangushev has died in hospital, days after he was shot in the head at close range in occupied Ukraine, his friends have said.
Mangushev's wife Tatyana described his killing as an execution.
He commanded an anti-drone unit in occupied Luhansk, but had also been one of the founders of a mercenary group fighting Ukrainian forces in 2014.
He took to a stage last summer holding a man's skull.
In a video posted on social media in August, Mangushev was filmed saying the skull belonged to a Ukrainian fighter killed defending the Azovstal steel works in the southern port of Mariupol.
An extreme nationalist, Mangushev said Russia was not at war with people, but with an idea of Ukraine as an "anti-Russian state", and it did not matter how many Ukrainians died.
Mangushev emerged from a neo-Nazi movement to co-found private mercenary group Yenot (raccoon).
He was later known to have collaborated with Russia's most notorious mercenary boss, Yevgeny Prigozhin, as a political strategist.
The shooting has prompted widespread speculation about who might have carried out the attack at a checkpoint in the occupied Ukrainian town of Kadiivka, some distance from the frontline.
Russian reports said he had been shot at close range with a 9mm bullet fired into the top of his head at an angle of 45 degrees. Russian authorities are investigating the killing and have so far said nothing about the circumstances.
The bullet had reportedly lodged in his brain. Before he died, pictures showed him lying in a hospital bed.
Another extreme Russian nationalist, Pavel Gubarev, said everyone knew who was behind the shooting and observed that Prigozhin had for the moment gone quiet.
The 11-month war in Ukraine has energised the murky world of extremists in Russia and sparked rivalries between them.
After the attack, Russia expert Mark Galeotti said it demonstrated that Russia was sliding back towards aspects of the 1990s, "when murder was a business tactic, and the lines between politics, business, crime and war became near-meaningless".

johoward

« Reply #26277 on: February 08, 2023, 01:05:08 PM »

5:37 Nice out again. 43 and sunny. Good day for a car wash.
Working on taxes still.  Took a break for lunch and puzzle.
Now need to get back to it.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #26278 on: February 08, 2023, 05:25:03 PM »

Glass Fish ... 28:47    64°  (4:05 pm)    Sunny sky w/ a few gauzy clouds and a bit if a breeze. 

I hope all is well.

Hi Cal ...  I absolutely love those Cat containers with the cactus in them!  😊  💕
    Thanks also for the article about the problems that the Russians are having with various people. 

Hi Joho
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26279 on: February 09, 2023, 04:21:04 AM »

Hi Neva.  Where you at Cal?  R U OK?  41 and heavy rain here at5:20 am. Put car out to get it rinsed off.