Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602293 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25860 on: November 23, 2022, 02:04:49 PM »

Sail Boats ...  24:54    69°  (12:28 pm)   Clear and sunny -  no wind.  It looks like a great day.

I hope all is well with all of you.

Joho -   How thoughtful that gift is, the photo frame.  What a lovely idea.  We are going to Cracker Barrel and taking Bella's beau there with us.  I actually would have preferred our usual dinner at home, but everyone wanted to go out this time.  Well, it will be a good day.

Cal -  What wonderful people work at Harps. Who does that?  - especially these days. 
After my Dachshund, Hans, died... losing him was too sad, so I decided to never get a dog again.  About a year later, I just knew I needed a dog in my life - our lives.  I went to the Southern Arizona Humane Society, and Maddie was there with her three sisters... they were there because their ears didn't stand straight up like they are supposed to, so they were considered a mix by whoever owned the mother, and dropped off at the Humane Soc.  I watched the babies playing, and to me Maddie stood out, and I love red hair, people or pets ... they were all red, but Maddie was the Merle coated one.  I went home to think about it, and read about the breed, and went back the next morning when they opened and got her.  If I were younger, I'd get another one.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 02:06:22 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25861 on: November 23, 2022, 06:18:37 PM »

hi neva wonderful story on getting maddie rose i lost calvin my calhound why my name here and heartbroken saw another calvin dog online humane society in dallas tx i called her last day tomorrow kill her i put her on my credit card told them jim on his way! do not kill my dog should not kill any dog!  but i felt bad for the others my granny liked the cracker barrel i liked their blackberry pie maybe you could adopt an older maddie rose. i tell you those people at harps are truly wonderful i always shop there i like richmond alot love small town rural living i got everything close when i get there sonic mcdonalds harps walmart feed store post office everything close but yes who does that i was so over whelmed hay should of said wait i forgot some stuff just kidding i will get them all some food from there for christmas. kind animal loving people there. they sell vanilla creme cookies and peanut butter big packs 3 for 4.50 they know i get them for animals and this one man he buys them for his pet pig i said what is pigs name they ask him it is fred. did you say your daughter put up a christmas tree decorate the outside of your house? are lots of houses lit up when i went to store early this morning saw houses lit up.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25862 on: November 23, 2022, 09:52:59 PM »

Cal,
  Harps knows a good person when they see her.  I am proud to call you my friend, and am very glad they did what they did for you.  I was crying while I was reading your story.  It reminded me so much of Joan's way of doing things, I could not help but cry.
I am very thankful to have you, Neva, and all the other animal cam people as a daily part of my life. 
Wishing all of you and all of your friends and families a very happy Thanksgiving.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25863 on: November 24, 2022, 05:07:31 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving you guys!!

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25864 on: November 24, 2022, 05:10:40 AM »

Thankful for so much - UPDATE November 23, 2022

Doe Resting
In this time of Thanksgiving, I can’t help but think of how much I have to be thankful for to so many who have made everything happen for the bears throughout my 55-year career. Examples are endless and are still happening every day. Results are changed attitudes about bears around the world, a better understanding of black bears than I would have thought possible, and people like you who share our hearts and our mission to learn about bears and share it with decision-makers and the public any way we can.

Blue Jay coming in for food
Blue Jay coming in for food

I’m wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving and am looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving with Donna.

A deer resting peacefully in the yard today set the tone for tomorrow, and a hungry blue jay coming in for food made me think of tomorrow’s dinner.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25865 on: November 24, 2022, 05:24:03 AM »

hi you guys its 47 here 37 and sunny yes sunny in iceland and 54 in the barn docs pictures well wow again 

Hi Joho! well i am proud and so just happy to call you my friend and neva too! The people at walmart are very nice too loading up my stuff. but harps really nice kindness cant say enough for it.  i hope you and your family have a very nice thanksgiving today.

hi neva! i hope you guys have a really nice thanksgiving today too!

Happy 10th birthday to my Calihoula xoxo please have many more

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BD055D4CBB82?z=0

GB Ukraine bless them god gb all animals and gb all of us

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #25866 on: November 24, 2022, 09:51:52 AM »

Good Morning,  :)

I'd like to wish you each here in Jewlel's a pleasant and Happy Thanksgiving.

Paulie from Cheers.

calihoula

« Reply #25867 on: November 24, 2022, 11:16:06 AM »

cousin janice
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25868 on: November 24, 2022, 12:37:56 PM »

calihoula

« Reply #25869 on: November 24, 2022, 01:54:29 PM »

hi paulie  :) happy thanksgiving to you and cheers!

neva

« Reply #25870 on: November 24, 2022, 10:34:04 PM »

Pumpkin Pie ...  33:41      52°  (8:40 pm)    It was a clear day,   I hope that all of you had the Thanksgiving Day that you were wanting to have. 

Hi Cal. Joho, Alice and Paulie ... and anyone else stopping by here. 

Cal.  You are right, there is always something that we can be grateful for.  I think one should think of that each day, before the day is over.  I am thankful to be able to find you two here each day.  I get up looking forward to it.

I also liked the toddler sitting by the window with the two dogs, learning to be a good watch dog too.  It reminds me of the German Shepherd puppy that we had many years ago.  I had to bark at the front door in order to teach him to when someone came to the door.  That was fun ... but he did learn to do it.   

Joho, I hope that you had a great day.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25871 on: November 25, 2022, 05:33:17 AM »

hi you guys its 33 here 37 and sunny in iceland 51 in the barn. it was up to almost 60 yesterday has been for awhile and i was thinking this keeps up snakes will be back and yesterday afternoon heading to the barn again maybe outside it and was messing with something and i thought oh no and sure enough a snake and not sure what kind either it was a little one and mad at her trying to strike her so i got its attention on me not her got her herded back in the barn by the time i came back out it was long gone. i had herded it away from the barn with my cane. not ready for that its end of nov. be nov!!

hi neva! laughing you teaching your dog to bark at front door so funny i have never had to do that mine is more shut up shut it up please shut up. never heard of that before lol now i would of liked to have seen that! i do growl at penny and brownie let them no i had enough behave. i do talk like sweets like a goat in the barn he will look at me then get all excited running around and we do a little hee hawing out in the barn. talking back to indy jim will meow to maybe he is trying to get her to come to him but she nope not yet she watches him. jim does bark at the girls get them wound up like they need help on that. this is not a quiet place.  :) yes even in ukraine darkest hour which is alot they find stuff to be thankful for   us too even in our darkest hour we should.

hi alice hope you had a good thanksgiving i watched the plaza lights at 6 pm and just before they turned them on i fell sleep! but they showed it on the local news awhile ago i saw it coming in from the barn.

hi joho! hope you and your family had a good one too! neva is part german shepherd!

GB Ukraine help them get their power back on that evil good for nothing i mean nothing keeps blowing up GB all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DC055D518FC8?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25872 on: November 25, 2022, 06:36:31 AM »

5:23 on squash and 7:48 on pie. I am average.  No surprise there. LOL
Hi Paulie,
 Thanks for checking in and letting us know a little about you.  I see from Google that you are or were a Minnesotan.  Were you able to see Ted and Honey?
  I for one still miss Cheers.  It was very wholesome entertainment.  Your picking on the mailman was classic.
My friends, I did have a very nice Thanksgiving.  It was just Debbie, Boss, me, and the NFL.  Two of us went to Bob Evans. We were seated right away.  There 10 or 15 people standing around inside the front door, but turns out they were all carry out orders.  We both had chicken fried steak and eggs.  We did get a take out turkey and ham dinner for Debbie's evening dinner.  We stopped at Drugmart on the way home to get Boss some food. Deb got a new Purina food and hoped fastidious Boss would like it.  He did.  Another time she bought a fifty pound bag of a very expensive highly advertised new food.  Boss would not eat it.  She finally gave it to Shannon her other daughter.  Shannon's dog, Abbie, will eat everything.  She loved it.
Along with Boss's food Deb bought a nice wild berry pie, and we enjoyed a piece at halftime of the Giants game.  I took the pie home and had another piece warmed up and with vanilla ice cream on top for dinner.  There will be more today too.  No turkey for me for the first time in memory. I may have to get a chunk and cook it myself.  I miss the leftovers. Looking back, I should have gotten two take out dinners.
Got a lot of "Happy" texts from all over the country, near and far.  Very nice day, and it all started with a visit right here with you all.
GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25873 on: November 25, 2022, 11:09:47 AM »

hi joho! you had a great thanksgiving! so funny on boss expensive dog food my dogs hate pedigree dry dog food. once jim being a cheapskate bought big sack of really cheap dry dog food at feed store no dog would eat it the raccoons would not eat it the mice in the barn finally ate it no more of that food. abbie will eat everything  :) i had the detroit game bills on i thought oh bills will clobber them when i came back in later saw tied up lions played good wish they would of won my dogs cant go out to pee sanders kid shooting his gun over and over straight back from house  im at kitchen table and can hear it had to turn this boxfan up to drown it out. penny very afraid  :(deer season over but kid outta school they got 80 acres but must fire there jim working on furnace he will be irked we may take gator back there let kid see us indy cant out of the barn for awhile with that going on. everyone including sanders has lots of cattle horses goats dogs etc sanders has lots of junk lots hit junk bounce off pretty stupid berry pie yum!

calihoula

« Reply #25874 on: November 25, 2022, 11:13:21 AM »

i forgot i liked that show cheers too! downstairs on cats tv its antenna tv showing episodes of soap i just laugh and laugh love that show. this is the story of two sisters jessica tate and mary cambell