Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602564 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25455 on: August 17, 2022, 04:49:40 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here 54 and raining in iceland what a nice update today and of course pictures are so good. dr rogers having a good time with his bear group and i am sure the group is having a good time too.

Hi Joho! they do that to jim too on that medicine. just cant leave anything like it use to be no we will just come and pick and it up. been waiting for fedex to bring something since last friday gets changed all the time for sure yesterday but then operational delay i google them i googled i hate fedex and wow so do a whole lot of people i like ups and they are number one on deliverly service all of it fed ex is at the bottom. amazon dumped them and did their own. so they use fed cause cheaper but what about the customer. yes on putin where is the justice their is none so ukraine go make some. makes me sick putin whiner cry baby oh just let me kill do what i please and he has pretty much done exactly that. when will this war end

Hi neva i saw on the world news bad news with water shortage at lake mead. going to cut some states off or something. said so many years temp will be at 120 cause of climate change. hello iceland and rain.

GB Ukraine! God please help them over take evil!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C9055D5385BE?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25456 on: August 17, 2022, 06:58:56 AM »

6:12 To see beautiful butterfly.  I am always amazed at the beauty of nature, and of sunsets and sun rises.  Looking at GSB cam in the morning usually shows wonderful sun rises over the Mississippi River. Today is a little cloudy, but still great.
 My front door shows great sunsets over Lake Erie.  People drive to the shore from miles around in the evening to watch the sun set over the lake.  Me too.
Got up a little late this morning again.  Will go now to get paper, I hope, then cereal and coffee.  Wait for eyes to stop watering. LOL
GBU and GB Ukraine.

johoward

« Reply #25457 on: August 17, 2022, 05:41:49 PM »

Hi Yall.
 Got a big dog crate for Boss.  He loves his crate at home.  I hope he likes mine.  He would not go into the one I do have.  It is small. 
Had a good day away at Letha House Park. Met a lot of nice people.  Caught some nice bluegills and one big catfish.  All the bluegills were released unharmed, and the catfish turned himself loose by breaking my hook, line, and sinker off my nice new rod.  I think the line is too small for catfish.  This is the second one i have caught on this little pole.  I lost both at the dock.  Was nice most of the day.  No plan for tomorrow, but Debbie and Boss are going to Letha House with me on Friday late afternoon.  She will walk him and I will fish.  Should be fun.  It is a nice park with well kept trails, and not too crowded.  Not sure how yet with Boss, but I would sure like to take Debbie to the Hungry Bear for dinner.  Maybe takeout, but I really want her to meet Joan's young waitress friend Katie.  Maybe I will phone order and let Debbie go in for it.  That would work and Boss would be safe.  We will see. Now close to 7 and I will go make dinner.  Lorie sent over soup.  I will add a can of beans I like and make two meals of it.
  So for now I will CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #25458 on: August 18, 2022, 05:23:15 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here 68 in the barn. its 55 and raining in iceland griz barking in the kitchen  :) he has been barking and his feet off the ground for his food.  yesterday morning when i went to put the cats plates back in the cabinet the little remote deal for our generac generator was flashing red which is very bad means something wrong and not working at all. if power out tuff. i went out and unlocked it and error code said battery then other stuff been along time since a new battery so anyway jim got home and went and got a new one cause no peace of mind with that not working cannot help the barn either without and that is what it was! so green light back on. every tuesday morning at 1 am it starts itself up self check then runs for about 10 min shuts off. right by my bedroom window usually it does wake me up not the dogs. i thought i heard it trying to start but dont remember it running or shutting off. when it could not start red light on and an alarm too from the remote which is made of pretty tuff stuff but the girls almost took it out chewing on it. i got it back together. our elec friend came up here and help install that generator and programmed that remote so was not happy with those girls. still irk me alot but i love them.

hi joho! i hope your crate is big enough for boss i do not blame him no way would i go in there! big dog needs big crate. catfish says come on try another pole! very good you let them fish go. yes get take out at the hungry bear keep boss safe. such a good dog. was your soup good?

Hi neva! i did not watch the weather channel last night i watch hgtv bargain block with keith and evan. the sure do fix up those run down homes in detroit. look so good when they are done.

griz calling for me

GB Ukraine! Putin I pray you're flyin' high when your engine stalls

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/85055D5B8052?z=0
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 05:24:55 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #25459 on: August 18, 2022, 07:35:38 AM »

ODESSA, Ukraine—Ukrainian forces said they hit another base in Russian-occupied Kherson as the leaders of Turkey and the United Nations were expected to meet with President Volodymyr Zelensky and discuss food shipments from Ukraine and the increasingly tense situation at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant.

The Ukrainian military’s Southern Command said Thursday that it had struck an ammunition depot in the village of Bilohirka, near the front line of fighting in the Kherson region. The rocket strike is the latest in a series of attacks that have targeted logistics in the Russian-occupied south—part of a strategy to starve Russian troops in the region of supplies and force them to withdraw from the territory they are holding west of the Dnipro River.

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25460 on: August 18, 2022, 02:09:44 PM »

3:19

joho are you in bosses new bigger crate!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25461 on: August 18, 2022, 05:48:31 PM »

hi neva im watching weather channel showed big flooding said just south west of you are you okay?

calihoula

« Reply #25462 on: August 18, 2022, 05:52:51 PM »

neva said for you expect rain next four days lots of rain

calhound

« Reply #25463 on: August 19, 2022, 04:56:37 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here 70 in the  barn rain coming after 5 pm today hope you guys are okay

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B9055D593B3C?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25464 on: August 19, 2022, 05:11:44 AM »

5:41 On yesterdays flowers.  Crate is really really big.  I thought it was like Boss's, but it is not.  It is way bigger. Debbie says I have to put my T-shirt in to comfort  Boss.  I do not wear t shirts.  So a regular shirt will do.  I wear them for several days, and it will either comfort him as I wish, or gag him.  Not sure which, but he will know it is mine. LOL
Yes Lorrie's broccoli and cheese soup is good. I added a can of corn instead of beans.  I have some for later today.
Katie will not be in at the time we are at Hungry Bear.  So they will have to meet later.  Still we can get take out and be with Boss.  Maybe we can stay in the car near the town circle where they usually have a band on Friday.  Litchfield is a nice little country crossroads town with a circle for a town square with a gazebo in the center. 
It is ok if dinner does not work out.  I really want Debbie to see the beauty of Letha House Park and the warmth of the Hungry Bear so she will have a nice place to visit when ever she wants.  She has been so intent on working and raising her family she just now is looking for places to relax.  I am anxious to help her, because I have been driving around for years looking for nice places to visit.  I have found a lot of unique places. I am glad to be able to share with her.
I am up very early again.  Could not get back to sleep.  It is OK though.  It gives me a chance to do the puzzle and type you all an update.  Paper is not here yet. Darn.  I really like to start my day reading the paper.  Especially Dear Abbie and the comics. LOL  I get worried when the paper is not here by 6am that it will not show up at all.  If I knew where I could go get one I would ,but I don't.
I will let you go for now. I will do today's puzzle a little later. Thanks Cal.
 GBU and GB Ukraine.

johoward

« Reply #25465 on: August 19, 2022, 05:27:19 AM »

6:39 on the spear flower I can see and admire, but cannot pronounce. LOL You OK cal or got writer's cramp?  Nothing serious I hope.
 Paper finally here, and puzzle done.  So I again will CUL EV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25466 on: August 19, 2022, 07:25:57 AM »

hi joho! no writers cramp just went to feed the dogs cats pearl sweets maybe raccoonies etc checking on you laughing at your post boss and your shirt dogs like stinky stuff so its okay! sounds like a really nice crate for boss. litchfield sounds like jerico springs where my other dad in law parents lived.  had town square band ice cream socials i loved it there all homemade food late night playing cards there pitch 13 point at other grandmother in birch tree pitch 10 point sometimes spades so nice you and debbie doing stuff together!  :) yesterday i went to clean up pearls area and wow a huge deal of poop like a small bowling ball i said man pearl did that hurt your butt? good for her to poop alot  :) hope your paper was there and you got to read dear abbie and the comics my mom did the crossword.

calhound

« Reply #25467 on: August 20, 2022, 04:51:22 AM »

Two Good Memories - UPDATE August 19, 2022

Lucy
My favorite bear memories of the last couple days are time spent with Lucy who by the way, showed me that she has been eating cherries all day and seeing Katrina’s shy cub looking beautiful surrounded by white pine needles. Katrina's shy cub
Katrina's shy cub
Now, I don’t know what to do. I got an urgent message from Donna that she is in the library with the grandkids listening to lively music and needs a dance partner. I pretty much do what I’m told, so I better go.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25468 on: August 20, 2022, 04:58:21 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here 54 and raining in iceland update nice lucy is a beauty and dr rogers hope you had fun dancing!  :)

griz is barking away in the kitchen saw flooding waters in tucson hope all is okay

hi joho kc chiefs play here at 3 pm said the commanders i thought who is that washingtons new name cause now everything has to be changed.

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/93055D50CFFF

neva

« Reply #25469 on: August 20, 2022, 06:01:20 PM »

Treeline ...  25:41       74°   (3:39 pm)    Today makes two days of rain, all day.  Wonderful!   Any time we have big rains here, we have to remain aware of the kinds of places that will flood --  Arroyos (washes)  some roads, low areas, and other likely places.

I haven't been around for a couple of days really, I've been to a couple of doctors and trying to get past this cold that has gotten into my chest.  I'm doing okay, but back on Oxygen until I'm over it.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)