Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602647 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25110 on: June 19, 2022, 07:54:23 AM »

6:57  That must be a good sized girl on that horse.
Took Boss for heel walk around the yard. He did great.  Very gentle on the lead, and watchful of my legs.  He did bring me one of his bigger trees to throw a few times.  He did this only because I asked him to.  He really wanted to strip the little remaining bark off it. 
Going out to Meijr's today to get $.99 green seedless grapes, Banquet $1.00 pot pies, $1.oo Campbells soup.
N16 thinking about fledging I think.  Had enough of those fles.  Gonna go watch em a while. CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25111 on: June 19, 2022, 10:21:20 AM »

3:36 on draft horse

hi joho girl on that horse looks really tall and thin draft horse is at rest with back leg. boss good with tree work. .99 on green grapes good deal i saw some at harps almost six bucks for little bag i passed. yay on your soup too stock up. jim went to his dads yesterday for fathers day his sister cathy made dinner i think or went right over to hyvees got dinner his dad close to it lots of stuff. cause union meeting today i came in from doing pearls med and feeding her again jim said he had to go his dad fell in the driveway getting the paper think he had a stroke so im hoping it was not bad gave him something for it when ambulance got there pops always saves food for the dogs left overs pork chops hamburgers pizza etc once i joked pops they like white cake and he made them one. im worried god please help pops.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25112 on: June 19, 2022, 01:22:55 PM »

hi you guys just got a message from jim thinks his pacemaker messed up keeping him,overnight ty god
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25113 on: June 19, 2022, 07:11:21 PM »

Draft Horse ...  27:07     99° (4:18 pm) (102° earlier)  Very cloudy, a good breeze ... maybe some rain will blow in from the east later.  Yesterday afternoon, I heard thunder a couple of times, and it did rain ... for about three or four minutes--- no kidding.  Better than nothing, I suppose.

My mother's dad was a farmer and had two sets of Draft horses:  Shires and Percherons, and how he loved his horses!  He used to braid their tails and manes with ribbons.  He loves all of his animals and had some great dogs too ... big ones.  That was up in Maine.

I have always loved horses, but wasn't allowed near them because I'm supposedly allergic to "Horse Dander".   😒  But I used to read about them a lot.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25114 on: June 20, 2022, 05:31:13 AM »

hi you guys its 71 here but not humid not yet will be later i got to go get groceries in a minute just drive to walmart and let them load them get back lots to do today tomorrow real heat on i mean been real hot but tomorrow be satan wanting his weather back.

hi neva how  bad that would be allergic to horses i would have to get shots all the times or something. my mom would of too my sister susie too have to have my horses. my old farrier and he was our friend clyde had percherons dolly and molly. this couple i use to clean for long ago had the clydesdales i would bring those boys carrots and stuff.  i read in iceland that the capitol
Reykjavík no dogs are allowed cause of tapeworms and people can get those i thought wth medicine for tapeworms dont you have vets there and they do and you can have a dog outside of that town but not if you live in it. and its a big town lots of stores and stuff only like 350,000 people in the whole country no crimes really and no assult rifles either you can get a gun but need 5 years of stuff to get one.  i saw on the weather channel something about  a fire in tuscon some place due to wildfires do you know what i mean and are you okay? someone barking in the kitchen again

Hi Joho did you get those grapes and soup?

GB Ukraine Putin i wish you would stand in front of a herd of running draft horses

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/6E055D4F8A2A?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25115 on: June 20, 2022, 09:11:47 AM »

Good morning EV1,
5:09 Not bad for a Monday.
I did get grapes and Chicken noodle.  Eleven cans for $10. Take that Campbells CEO.  Yay Meijer's Store.  I also got 11 Banquet TV dinners for $10, and 11 cans of a variety of Bush's beans for $10.  Lots of heavy bags.  I even got some blueberries from Mexico. Two pints for $6.  My freezer is full.  My cereal was in a bigger bowl this morning to fit in the apples, blueberries, strawberries, and grapes.
     I have had to park in the handicap spots and even use the scooter carts for years.  Yesterday I parked as far from the front door as I could, and used my new knee like a real person.  How different was that? 
Today it rained just before dawn.  It is dry out now, and 63 degrees.  I will try to go biking later this morning.  I can do it, but it is still a little hard on my knee.
I am glad I don't have any animal allergy.  I love the draft horse barn at all the fairs I go to, and there have been hundreds.  I go to the fairgrounds early the first day and late the last day when they are loading and unloading.  Lots of action and close viewing.  I love to hear those giant hoofs banging onto the trailer floor and or ramps, and watching those huge bodies jumping into the trailer.  So powerful.
Sounds like Jim's dad will be ok for a while.  Thank you God.
Boss did have a good father's day. John and Brian trimmed quite a lot of Debbie's back yard garden.  Including a lot of pretty big limbs off her Japanese Maple.  Boss had a ball with the biggest limbs.  He looked like our Lucky the bear throwing them around.  He is very strong.
Mary was there too with little Sebastien.  Shannon, Nick, and Odin too.  What a good day.  Thank you God.
We had lots of shrimp, wings, and pizza.  I was stuffed.  Nick had a good time cleaning and eating the Amish strawberries I brought to Debbie's the other day.
Good to hear you had a little rain Neva.  Did you dance in the rain?
I will leave you all now.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25116 on: June 20, 2022, 01:19:23 PM »

hi joho! for years mom took us to the american royal went early yes love all the horses draft wonderful went to st louis more than once wonderful zoo and budweiser place with famous clydesdales and always a baby or two and they live in huge ac top of the line barn. wonderful time period. my favorite smell is pearls neck. jims dad is going to get a new pacemaker and changing his bp medicine cousin janice gets her pace redone after so long. that is something parking away walking jims says when he gets back from dr buzzard that buzzard says please tell her to come see me i will get her walking again but nope not looking to be laid up after foot surgery not interested on another surgery so my cane my walker my knee scooter will have to do im am like walking with knee scooter in the house dogs knock me off it alot so been walking but griz barking his i gotta pee now bark i ride to the door get him out i can move fast on it. nice father day for you boss had a good day  :) you had lots of heavy sacks from store but good bargains! time to feed dogs griz hungry bark girls fed us get off that thing! when jims dad sent home that food there was a bratwurst and that thing was hard as a rock i got my moms little hand saw cut it in 3 pieces penny brownie cali like a raw hide.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 02:03:11 PM by calihoula »

calihoula

« Reply #25117 on: June 20, 2022, 02:08:44 PM »

sat in the boat for 2:59

its 52 in iceland 7 pm down to 44 tonight

calhound

« Reply #25118 on: June 21, 2022, 05:16:44 AM »

Pixie’s Cubs and Chloe’s Surprise Mate - UPDATE June 20, 2022

Pixie and her cubs
click here to enlarge photo

Yesterday, Pixie’s cubs took us a step closer to giving them names. They let us know that the one with a distinctive chest blaze is a female and the one without a blaze is a male.

Chloe w/Mate   Chloe's mate   Chloe w/Mate
The big surprise, though, was that Chloe was not done mating. When a suitor approached, she played hard to get, but she eventually appeared happy and contented to have him as her mate. Things got complicated, though, when he paused to cool off in the little pond. Another suitor appeared, Chloe fled, and that was the last I saw.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25119 on: June 21, 2022, 05:27:43 AM »

hi you guys its 77 and its humid this morning be way hot here today over 100 with heat index  :( iceland its 50 and raining down to 44 tonight update good little bears so cute

I read some on ukraine last night then my book god emperor dunes 4th book its has started out really good ukraine not so much but i did read we are helping them build and iron dome protect from putins missiles and we uk others say oh putin is almost out of those but does not look that way to me and how do they know that then says this war will drag out for years well then putin still has missiles or someone is sending them to him. be no people left after this war is finally over.  :( i watched little people big world last night too roloff family i sure do like that show not liking tori too much but i like the show

GB Ukraine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F2055D4CB00A?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25120 on: June 21, 2022, 08:26:46 AM »

6:45 Going out to ride my rehab bike.  Knee is still too stiff for a comfortable ride, but hopefully will get better through use.  Also trying to beat the heat.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25121 on: June 21, 2022, 11:03:46 AM »

hi joho becareful its 95 here  :( i was working on ac books power went out pearl! it came back on but computer off stuff off so reset it power off again not right back on but came back on before generator kicked in so dragged out extension  cord from garage to barn hooked up lights sweets big fan no radio left one for pearls big fan i turned her huge fan up to high really blowing would not be able to hear radio anyway with that but she is liking that and have a box fan sits right in front her too. but if power off no ac in barn so stressful i turned house up to 74 from 70 dogs wth but trying to save elec hottest day and this. so please god i always ask you keep us safe keep power on ac working keep ukraine safe

calhound

« Reply #25122 on: June 22, 2022, 05:42:55 AM »

hi you guys well power went out again yesterday and generator started up then power back on messed up my microwave the clock does not keep time right now so i just unplugged it awhile ago see if that fixes it. the barn did flood i had pellets down from before so it soaked it up but i had to put down more huge storms last night huge rains sick of this. but yesterday when i went out to the barn for last time before bed my raccoonie that follows me around for cookies brought her little kid. kid who are you but did snatch a cookie i tossed at it. this morning 3 moms and just the one kid again but kid now looking for a cookie. maybe was outside waiting for me and came in the door instead of behind the barn in tunnel underneath to the barn i am sure it is full of water. it is 50 in capital of iceland and raining there.

GB Ukraine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A1055D4D7577?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25123 on: June 22, 2022, 08:51:57 AM »

6:42 this morning. Gonna be hot here again today. Did ride yesterday.  Was hard but I did it.  Will go a little today too.  Just got to get leg freed up.
Been listening to a beagle running a rabbit on TV cam for a while.  They sounded like they started off in a field nearby and came toward the barn then passed close by outside the door way.  NOW THERE IS NO MORE BARKING.  i THINK THE RABBIT WENT UNDER A SHED OR IN  A HOLE NEARBY.  forgive caps by accident.
I can hear the flies buzzing near microphone, and just barely hear beagle in distance.  Maybe found another track to follow.  Maybe just a good beagle, and found track he lost.  Sounds good to me either way.  I used to run beagles, and loved it.  Had one real good good one named Duke from a puppy until he was old and deaf.  Spent a lot of time with him in the fields.  He was great.  He would always come find me when he lost a trail.  Some dogs will start a new trail if they lose one.  This makes it hard to tell where the trail might go.  Duke would sometimes even catch a rabbit and bring it to me.  One time about this time of the year he came out of a brush pile with a rabbit in his mouth.  It was not hurt bad and wiggled a little.  It had so many fleas Duke's face was black.  I took it from Duke and let it go back into the pile.  Then we went home and got some water.
TV getting loud need to go see what is up.  Sounds bad.
CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #25124 on: June 22, 2022, 10:25:45 AM »

hi joho my sister susie beagle was her breed but no getting rabbits get his butt kicked if he did that. and neighbors way behind us have beagles and we love our wild rabbits and they came all the way down here and got chased off too.  >:(

Check out Bee! She is something!

https://youtu.be/_KFnXy2pLig