Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602626 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25095 on: June 16, 2022, 07:00:34 PM »

Porcelain Dog ...  24:25        109°  (3:38 pm)  Clouds building up to the east and a very light breeze.

I hope that all is well with both of you, and anyone else who stops by here.

Hi Cal ...  In this weather, it has got to be difficult to do all that mowing.  How is your new mower doing?  Do you like it pretty well?
Hey, nothing wrong with living like a vampire.  🦇  I keep some of our rooms dark as well with the kind of curtains I have. 
Yes, I guess it is going to come to that, seeing what happens when Putin goes after a NATO country.  It is tragic that it is going this way.  After Hitler, you'd think we would all know better.

Hi Joho ...  Your Debbie has some really nice retirement plans.  It is nice to have an RN in the family, isn't it?  My youngest brother is an RN.  His specialty is intravenous work and Pic Lines.  Some are tricky to put in.  Anyway, he will probably retire in the next couple of years.  One of his interests is Harley-Davidsons, he has four that I know of... and he loves hiking and camping.  I know he is looking forward to his retirement. 

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25096 on: June 17, 2022, 05:25:09 AM »

cousin janice

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25097 on: June 17, 2022, 05:36:01 AM »

hi you guys it is storming here i came out of the barn lighting everywhere but it is cooler 70 and feels cooler i know that will change but for now it is cooler. 74 in the barn.

Hi Neva! my mower doing good when i mow so earlyl lots of dew on the grass and it cuts out i have to get off and try to get out some wet grass underneath it but i got to mow that early i could not do in this awful heat and humidity and hard on my mower he likes it in the cool garage. when my cats to out to the garage they like to pretend they are mowing sit in the seat. i have a mouse in my 4 wheeler it sneaks out at night when cats are in the laundry eats cookies i leave out in live mouse trap and drinks water. i caught one in the trap had to keep both sides closed so it would not get back out and take it to the barn but i think i have a family in there and really they need to go coaly cat sits on my 4 wheeler seat watching for them.  i am afraid that is what it will take to stop putin and that is all allies joining in rule 5 you do not have to military fight but do something they need to rewrite that i read when trump was in office he was going to take us out of nato! :(  very cool your son an rn and he will enjoy retirement alot lots of harleys. he must be so careful roads are crazy anymore like everything else in the world poor montana flood waters just awful.

GB Ukraine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1C055D57951A?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25098 on: June 17, 2022, 07:05:34 AM »

4:21  This was an easy one for a change.  Thanks Cal
Nice here. 73 at7:54 am.  Did go for a walk at 6 am but still got sweaty.  Gonna go look for Amish strawberries this morning.  I have not done that for several years.  Hope I get good ones.  I quit going a few years back due to being cheated with moldy berries under the good ones on top.  I was really dismayed they would do this.  We had been going there for many years.  It was a major disappointment.  I still have Amish I call friends, but some of the romance was lost.
Anyway I will give some of them a chance today, and hope for the best.
I will buy several quarts including two for Deb, and some to give away to neighbors and widows.  I will probably put 4 or 5 quarts in my freezer and eat a quart.  Gotta remember to get those little desert cups.
Now to get started.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25099 on: June 17, 2022, 12:39:14 PM »

hi joho its hot here rain gone mean old sun out all happy barn is doing okay its 77 in there set on 74 but feels good worked outside digging by hand bigger trench for garden hose hooked to barn ac to drain water out of it is buried inside the barn runs out and under the front of the barn into yard. so hot but now i made a nice little water hole for whoever checked on baby birds on front porch four heads up in the nest getting that fan filled up water dish by porch its under big huge bush there. for turtles whatever filled up hummer feeder and birdseed feeder lots of chores all day long so when its quitting time at five im beat ready to watch little tv eat lay down that was not nice on those strawberries i would kinda go thru them and if they ask what i was doing i would tell them good on top bad hidden under and if i find that again spend my money and time elsewhere i love those dessert cups my mom got those and frozen strawberries with sweeten juice and put on whip cream yum! i had hope todays puzzle would be easier you really did it fast! cousin janice says hi to you and neva gb ukraine read eu getting ready to help them get in
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25100 on: June 17, 2022, 05:26:28 PM »

Ship Ind...  24:27     100°  (2:21 pm)    Heavy overcast, and a slight breeze.  I think it could rain somewhere, but probably not here.  A funny fact about many of people that live here is that we get so little rain in a years time that when it does rain, some of us will go out and stand in it for a bit when it does rain.  It looks odd to people not from here, I know, but ...

Cal ...  You have a very busy day.  The way you feel about your fur and feather kids, it is a labor of love, I think ... but a lot of work anyway.  Worth it though, I know.

Joho ...  I hope your strawberries were good ones, today.  I think the last time for you may have been especially disappointing because since the whole Amish culture is faith-based, one expects more from them -- such as honesty.  The thing that disappoints me with the Amish is that so many 'Puppy-mills' are run by them.  I was shocked when I first heard about that.  I don't think a person of good faith could do that. 

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 05:30:37 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25101 on: June 17, 2022, 05:58:29 PM »

hi neva! yes chores are labor of love but all done in my very cool bedroom all done i would stand in the rain too neva! hope you get more but no flooding. i feel like you on the amish expect honesty and puppy mills  >:(  i googled iceland wish long ago maybe moved there icelandic horse i would get small but sturdy looks like a large pony but iceland get upset not a pony horse i read. tuco was like small sturdy love a shorter horse not so far to fall. they are bred there you cannot bring in a horse at all weather low is 25 high 60 that is in june for 60 lots of snow ice hail at times beautiful northern lights googled grocery stores i like the weather and icelandic horse would need to build a big insulated barn and covered walkway to it generator for sure one for house one for barn big riding arena i am lucky to have my barn land pearl and all my kids my friends my life but i hate this weather! lottery dream house on i like david bromstan hate his tons of tatoos does zoe go out in the rain when was last time you had rain?   i re read dune read second book dune messiah read third book children of dune on waiting list my library for fourth god emperor of dune almost six time to lay down dogs all sleeping
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #25102 on: June 18, 2022, 05:19:59 AM »

Lincoln, Baby Chipmunks, and Out on the Water - UPDATE June 17, 2022

Lincoln
After being gone for 12 days, yearling Lincoln is back and was the highlight of the day. Always good to see him.

Chipmunk baby
Chipmunk baby
Chipmunk baby
Chipmunk baby
A few days ago, a 1½-inch diameter burrow I’ve been watching showed us something I’ve not seen before. Mike Johnson spotted two chipmunks lying down together outside it—two babies hanging by the entrance. They were nearly adult size. If I’d seen them anywhere else, I’d have thought they were adults. They popped down the hole when they spotted us. I waited quietly. Soon, one emerged inch by inch three quarters of its way out. Click. Then it turned around for a different look standing over its not-very-visible hole. Click. Then a nose was at its feet. I waited for a clearer look at the two and didn’t get it. The second one popped out and the first one leaped out of the picture. Still, it was nice to see them in their unblemished beauty of youth, knowing that they were young ones that grow bigger than I’d realized before they roam far from their burrows. No wonder I’ve never seen half-grown chipmunks running around.

Loon
Loon

Pontoon Scott w Spencer
Pontoon Scott w Spencer
Canadian Tiger Swallowtail
Canadian Tiger Swallowtail
Today, getting ready for the Black Bear Field Courses to start in a couple weeks or so, Scott, Spencer, and I took the pontoon boat out for a spin. Beautiful sun with a pair of loons in the bay ignoring us as we drifted closer. A loon near shore had no hesitation about putting its head underwater in very shallow water with us nearby clicking a camera. On the shore by the dock when we came in, the first Canadian Tiger Swallowtail I’ve seen this year was waiting in nice light.

Aspen seed on Woods Lake
Aspen seed on Woods Lake
Eastern Phoebe
Eastern Phoebe
A couple days ago, I saw another thing I seldom see—fluffy aspen seeds so abundant that they looked like a blizzard (no camera). Shortly after, I noticed that the lake looked like it was covered with ice (aspen seeds) where a light wind had packed them together on my side of the lake. I clicked a picture. Shortly, the wind made waves that broke up the patch.

The eastern phoebe pair is still bringing insects to their babies in their nest on a board under the third floor deck.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #25103 on: June 18, 2022, 05:27:44 AM »

hi you guys its 80 and its humid another heat index of 102 i saw on the world france having record setting heat as england spain most of our country nice iceland. its 52 there. 74 in the barn but by afternoon it will be 82 in there. nice update today great pictures yesterday evening when i was watching tv power went out but it went out like hard came back  on but my remote was messed up said error something no tv oh no went in the livingroom and it was resetting up finally got tvs back on this morning my computer down and internet off i had to do this and that little cussing and finally got it back on. so now i am behind cat fighting downstairs  :(

GB Ukraine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C2055D501C1F

yesterday when i went to town to the bank i went on down to sonic and saw a firecracker stand  :(

johoward

« Reply #25104 on: June 18, 2022, 08:53:06 AM »

Good morning EV!.  What a shocker this morning.  So cool and windy.  Like a different climate all together.  Poor Debbie is going to a swim birthday party this afternoon.  Yikes!  She will need to keep her coat on in the pool. LOL  I will see to Boss at 4:30 for a while.
I will Let him out, and offer food and drink.  Which he will refuse if I know him.  Debbie said he was landscaping last evening by pulling out by the roots several tall saplings in the fencerow behind her home.  I suppose he will move on to her garden plants after he is done with the wild trees.  I hope not, but don't know what would stop him.  He brings these not so little trees to her on her deck as gifts. He is getting his nails trimmed this morning.  She goes to a groomer for this.  I am not sure why. His nails are white.  So you can see the quick clearly.  Someday I will offer to clip them for her, but not yet.  It is good for them to get out and about to socialize. 
Looking forward to a nice cool walk today.  I think I will go to Columbia Park where the walk is a variety of grades.  One fairly steep trail leads to a picturesque overlook of Hitchcock Lake.  Which is covered with lily pads and water lily blooms.  Very nice.  Now to something serious.
We are all suffering from inflation which I blame on the captains of industry.  They are increasing their prices intentionally and blaming it on our president.  Just so he will have less chance to win reelection.  Plus they are bragging how much profit they made last quarter.  Thinking of Campbells soup CEO again.  Still mad at him for pricing my favorite lunch out of my reach and bragging about his profits.
 Don't be fooled by them.  Biden is not responsible for this inflation surge.  It is the price gouging and excess profits of industrial leaders.  Especially the oil industry.
Well enough soapbox for now.  Too nice to stay on this puter.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25105 on: June 18, 2022, 02:45:59 PM »

hi joho not nice here hot humid jim was going to mow said do it later on tonight his childhood friend called mark i always say hi to him ask about his little dog arrow he has an arrow look on him sweet old dog griz peed by the box i was cleaning it mark ask what i was doing cleaning dog pee he said that is always fun. never in a million years could i trim the girls nails they seem to wear them down. ty god. i lay on griz when he is sleeping on his bog bed in kitchen have to catch sleeping otherwise he up gone. you be careful with the big boss laughing how helpful he is for debbie! free landscaping i get that too. there are no trees left in the dogs yard but to fair the boys took care of that years ago. big bushes and some trees on fence line they leave them alone couple trees big thorns on them big dogs leave it alone. i think big companies are to blame for high prices if putin is to blame and high cause helping ukraine im okay with that. have fun later with your granddog

gb ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #25106 on: June 18, 2022, 02:49:30 PM »

2:55 birdie

neva

« Reply #25107 on: June 18, 2022, 03:58:00 PM »

Bird bar ...  21:52       95°  (1:39)   Heavy clouds to the east, some sun and light breeze.

Hi Cal and Joho ... and anyone else that comes by.  I hope your day is turning out to be a good one.

Cal ...  I looked up those Icelandic horses that you like so much.  They are beauties, aren't they?  I read that they do not import other kinds of horses into Iceland, and that any of their horses that get exported out are never allowed to come back to Iceland.  Wow, a tough policy! 

You're right, Joho.  When you see how much the salaries and bonuses are of the CEOs and top executives of these companies get, you can see that they are getting plenty.  It is mind-boggling.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 03:59:49 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

neva

« Reply #25108 on: June 18, 2022, 05:01:20 PM »

Oh, now I understand why they won't allow Icelandic horses to come back to Iceland.  They want to keep the breed pure, and if a female came back pregnant by another breed of horse, or pony, introducing other DNA into the breed.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:22:26 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25109 on: June 19, 2022, 05:34:48 AM »

hi you guys its 69 here pretty nice but will not stay that way will be extra brutal starting tomorrow for a whole week then i see should be a break

Neva as soon has i brought up this page i saw my icelandic not a pony but really kinda is but horse. isn't it just beautiful! yes they want to keep the breed pure. yes exported can not come back. when i looked up nukes said number one safest place to be iceland and they are in nato but main thing is the cool weather and those horses. thanks for posting that pic i keep looking at it and the sky the view all of it. i saw on the weather channel somewhere out there by you someone is getting or getting some rain. showed yellowstone with all the roads gone or chunks of it showed some bears too they were okay but no visitors no income for park and said maybe into the winter tours too. i did not they had winter tours maybe bears enjoying a break from people. still terrible flooding. :(

well someone in the kitchen is barking and barking

HI Joho! what did you and boss do yesterday?

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A9055D581176?z=0