Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602514 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25080 on: June 13, 2022, 07:57:35 AM »

Nato 'doing literally nothing' to stop Russia, says Ukraine
Ukraine’s foreign minister, Dmytro Kuleba, accused Nato of “doing literally nothing” in the face of Russia’s invasion of his country.

Kuleba praised the EU for its “revolutionary” decisions to back Kyiv but said the Nato military alliance had been “completely sidelined”.

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Kuleba said:

Nato as an alliance, as an institution, is completely sidelined and doing literally nothing. I’m sorry to say it.

He said that at the beginning of Russia’s war in Ukraine, “there was a public sentiment that Nato was the strong force and the EU was only capable of expressing various different levels of concern”, adding:

But war is always a test that takes the masks off.
Kuleba praised Brussels for its “revolutionary, groundbreaking decisions, which even they themselves did not expect to make”, and accepted that some Nato allies “are helping us”.

He also dismissed Moscow’s claim that it was ready to provide a humanitarian corridor for ships carrying food to leave Ukraine, in return for the lifting of some sanctions.

He told the audience at Davos:

You could not find a better example of a blackmail in international relations.
If anyone is buying it, I think there is a problem with that person, and we shouldn’t waste too much trying to understand why that person is making that point.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 07:59:48 AM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #25081 on: June 13, 2022, 07:58:27 AM »

Zelenskiy rejected the notion that his country should cede territory to make peace with Russia. “Symptomatic editorials began to appear in some Western media stating that Ukraine must allegedly accept so-called difficult compromises by giving up territory in exchange for peace,” he said in his latest nightly address. Those who advise Ukraine to give up territory fail to see the ordinary people, he said, “who actually live in the territory they propose to exchange for the illusion of peace.” Presidential adviser Oleksiy Arestovych added: “No one is going to trade a gram of our sovereignty or a millimetre of our territory. Our children are dying, soldiers are being blown apart by shells, and they tell us to sacrifice territory. Get lost. It’s never going to happen.”

Estonian Prime Minister Kaja Kallas said it would be “much more dangerous giving in to Putin than provoking him” during a speech in Stockholm and warned: “All these seemingly small concessions to the aggressor lead to big wars. We have done this mistake already three times: Georgia, Crimea and Donbas.”
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #25082 on: June 13, 2022, 11:18:58 AM »

6:07
Went for a nice walk this morning early in the cool haze.  Very nice.  Stopped at Drugmart on way home for butter and milk. Also got a little side salad and some Reunite Lambrusco.  Reminds me it is is till sitting on the counter.  Should be very well cooled off by now.  LOL  CUL EV1  Lunch is calling. GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25083 on: June 14, 2022, 06:04:16 AM »

A Miracle for Spanky - UPDATE June 13, 2022

Charlie Brown
I first saw Spanky on May 2 when he weighed 278 pounds. On May 5 or 6, Spanky maybe got hit by a car or something. His right front leg dangled with no control. It swiveled like it was not connected at the shoulder. I could only believe he would lose it. The last time I saw him, on May 18, his leg still looked hopeless. Somehow, he made it to a favorite haunt some 4 miles away. A week ago word came that he was putting some weight on it. Today, he showed up back here. I thought I recognized him, but this bear was walking almost normal. It couldn’t be. He saw a bear to chase away (either 2-year-old Flynn or 4-year-old Chloe) and went after it on the run! (Photo) Amazing. It was Spanky. He is going to be okay. Now at 261 pounds, he’ll probably want to eat extra. The nice portrait of him by Mark Peterson shows the face that makes everyone want to help him.

Spanky by M. Peterson
Spanky by M. Peterson
Spanky
Spanky
The coyote is still around but is not eating baby woodchucks, considering that we saw all four recently.

Charlie Brown just stopped by to show how he is doing shedding his bleached brown fur and growing in new dark fur. Suddenly he ran. His new friend Desi appeared but Charlie apparently didn’t recognize him. Extra caution is common among yearlings newly on their own.

Coyote
Coyote

I just got a call that family breakup has occurred for 22-year-old Donna and her yearlings Eva and Elvis. Last evening they were all together. Now it’s mating time and she’s on her own. Three of her last four litters before Eva and Elvis she had four cubs. She took a little break with Eva and Elvis. Next spring we’ll see if she continues to wind down at 23 or not. It could be her second to last litter. Few black bears give birth after 25. But she is a descendent of Shadow who set the record for late births at 28. Maybe Donna has more left in her than we think.

Good rain today for the berries.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25084 on: June 14, 2022, 06:11:11 AM »

hi you guys its 82 here another sizzler 74 cool in the barn 3 raccoonies what wonderful news on spanky! thank you god thank you jesus thank you guardian angels and thank you to all the caring people in ely. wow 4 miles spanky that is a long ways. family break up sad but still spanky was running! i saw on the weather channel last night mn got rain. i watch it when i lay down no real bad stuff just weather and i go to sleep. got to get groceries

GB Ukraine putin i wish you would get hit by a car and no one be looking out for you like spanky.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/4D055D4C22F8?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25085 on: June 14, 2022, 05:10:40 PM »

7:28 Finally.  Went to dentist.  Good report.  Then stopped at nature center.  Saw two baby birds and an injured gull brought in.
At the dentist I heard of a couple that the man tested positive and had to stay i Mexico.  The wife tested negative and left for home in Ohio.  Now he is allowed to board even though testing positive, but he can not afford to change tickets again.  It cost him $350 to change the first time.  So he is staying there for three more days.  While at home his wife now tests positive, and is very sick by herself.  What a mess.  Gave me a headache just hearing about it. I wear my mask everywhere I go. 
Will go visit Boss for Debbie tonight at about 7pm.  I will let him out and offer food. Got to get ready now.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25086 on: June 14, 2022, 05:49:59 PM »

hi joho your right what a mess i picked up my groceries no mask but they did not come close to me. its brutal here today im now in my very cool room dogs all sleeping i ordered a new othro bed for griz be here thursday they said. i have to see implant dr end of this month then go from there to dentist make my new fake tooth go on implant dreading being gone so long and far from home. thinking of changing dentist dr westman died years back and my cleaner she left and recep abbie left everyone gone so go to one close to home. gb ukraine have a good time tell deb and boss i said hi!  :)

calhound

« Reply #25087 on: June 15, 2022, 06:18:35 AM »

hi you guys running late its 80 here another sizzler will be all week and next week will be even hotter  :( i know lots of states going thru this i just worry about the elec going out generator do the house but barn not hooked up to ac just big fans. so i worry. no good news on ukraine more bad news they are out of ammo

GB Ukraine god dont let evil win

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BC055D4CF12A?z=0

calhound

« Reply #25088 on: June 15, 2022, 06:22:40 AM »

checked on tv babies getting so big hagd

johoward

« Reply #25089 on: June 15, 2022, 09:29:18 AM »

7:27 Going to be hot today.  Will stay in and hope for reliable electric.
GSB all three babies have jumped into the understory due to bugs.  Parents are taking care of them down in the weeds etc. according to RRP forum.  They do not return to the nest as eagles do.  So we will have to rely on cam operator to track them.
I see the TV are walking around now, and cam is following a little.  They are so cute!!!!
Had a good visit to Boss last night.  He is so good.  When Debbie is away he just wants to lay in his kennel.  He went out for a few minutes, but wanted in soon.  He laid on his blanket on the couch with me for a few minutes.  Then went back into his kennel like he knew I had to leave.  It is good to see he does not stress when he is alone.  Just waits patiently.  He is a good dog.
I don't have much planned today except looking at cams.  May walk in the evening or go down to the lake shore.  Sometimes it is cooler there.
GBU EV1 and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #25090 on: June 15, 2022, 05:58:49 PM »

Van Gogh ...  21:56        103°  (3:33 pm)   Sunny, no clouds, and a slight breeze at the moment. 

Not much going on here.  I hope the the day has been good for all of you that come to this forum, especially Cal and Joho. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25091 on: June 16, 2022, 05:22:38 AM »

hi you guys its well its hot and humid 74 in the barn i kept turning it up in the barn yesterday afternoon when it would not get back down to 74 and was at 78 i went there then it up to 80 so it could kick off for awhile and not use up freon and cost a zillion dollars in elec with the house and shop too. left it at 74 when i went in for the night. will do the same today i mowed yesterday. for 2 hours. it is even worse news in ukraine waited too late to take on putin he knew exactly what he was doing played it good and everyone fell for it. so when he is done with ukraine and moves to a nato country let us see if nato can finally end putin. i am sure putin will help out there for that.

I am still asking you god to please bless ukraine and take on putin and that evil

Ukrainians have chosen a new design for the postage stamp "Good evening, we are from Ukraine!". Укрпошта will issue a postage stamp in a month.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1C055D5A7D17?z=0

johoward

« Reply #25092 on: June 16, 2022, 08:50:49 AM »

6:01 Clear and hot this morning.  Skipped my morning walk.  It was hot yesterday.  I saw 101 on my car outside temp gauge.
 Had a great dinner with a very relaxed Debbie and her son, Brian, last night at The Angry Bull in Huron Ohio.  Shannon could not make it. Too hot and sweaty she said.
It was Debbie's last day of work.  She retired yesterday after 40 years as an RN.  Today she starts a new life with a lot less stress.  She and Boss will have lots of time together now.  I am so happy for her.  She is well and strong and can do anything she wants. Mostly she wants to spend time with her Mary and new grandson Sebastian.  She has already volunteered at her county health dept. for emergency services as needed.  She also is working with a friend at a facility for emergency first aid training.   
I need to go get new plates for my car.  They run out on June 20th, and I never sent in the renewal papers.  So I have to go to the BMV in town here.
BTW I am mad at the Campbells, Soup CEO for bragging about how much profit he made last quarter.  I am mad because for the last little while the price of my favorite soups have gone from $.75 to well over $1.50 in most stores.  What really makes me mad is these CEOs blaming Biden for all the inflation when actually it is the industrial complex that is doing it just for excess profit, and to help Republicans.  It is shameful, and they should all go to jail for gouging, but this is America and they will be rewarded instead.  Well enough soapbox for now.  Don't be fooled.  Nothing happens by accident.  Bye for now.  BMV here I come.
CUL EV 1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25093 on: June 16, 2022, 09:44:28 AM »

2:39 hi joho sorry you have to go to the bmv i hate to go i can get my car tags online or mail i did online but soon i got to go get dv renewed they have a different line for that. its so humid hot here rained again last night but no flooding in barn bringing that big trench on past the barn an out to pasture fixed that when i mowed yesterday morning started at 6 am i looked and saw it had lots of water sitting in it but on past barn doing jims laundry dryer went off get it done early put more alium foil on kitchen door it has built in blinds but i covered half with foil girls removed some it while back i redid it keep it dark in here live like vampires. yay for debbie! so happy for her sounds like she will still be very busy  :

calihoula

« Reply #25094 on: June 16, 2022, 05:43:16 PM »

hi you guys weatherman just said feels like 110 here! its awful barn at 82 but standing under a duct and fans its okay pearl sweets okay raccoonies in front of their fan little swallows in nest on covered front porch got a fan on them liitle ones got their heads out getting that fan too. be like this all week mon tuesday even hotter.

hi joho my little can of soup veg soup was 1.24 at walmart now 1.79 i saw big can of campbell chunky savory veg soup 1.99 i buy it now twice as much soup. but at least we got soup food poor ukraine gb you ukraine