Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602382 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24945 on: May 18, 2022, 07:19:53 PM »

hi joho im so sadden about steel plant and not find any braver hoping pres xen can do prisoner swap turkey making me mad on no to finland sweden on nata no proof just saying wants stuff in return blackmail i say goodbye to you rotten people everywhere. god bless ukraine gb us
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #24946 on: May 19, 2022, 05:07:22 AM »

Shadow, Spanky, and the Striking Beauty of a Wood Duck - UPDATE May 18, 2022
Spanky by Mark Peterson
Spanky by M. Peterson
I have to admit that I took this worst picture ever taken of Shadow, but it was her and then she was gone. It was all I could get. I also have to admit that it was NOT me who took this extra fetching picture of Spanky. It was Mark Peterson, chief cook and hay getter for Dusty the famous horse https://dustysadventures.com/mark-peterson.

Spanky is injured—I suspect by Elusive Shadow
Elusive Shadow
a car—and his right front leg hangs loose but may be getting better. He was spunky enough to stand up to Chloe and later Dustin when they came too close today, and he hopped along following me to the scale to show me that he has gained over a pound a day these last five days. Everyone in the neighborhood feels sorry for him and we are all glad we are here to take the best care we can of him as he hopefully recovers.

On the bright side, a wood duck graced the WRI with his beauty today—the first wood duck I’ve photographed here. Wood duck male
Wood duck male
To me the wood duck is the most beautiful duck with its iridescent head, the striking streaks of white, prominent crest, the gorgeous red, white and yellow beak, and more.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24947 on: May 19, 2022, 05:15:28 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here and very sad spanky is hurt how can someone in car not see a bear!! like someone not seeing what putin has done. i pray spanky gets better he is such a sweet bear i woke up at little after 2 am and saw on the world news some of those poor troops on a bus from that steel plant on their way to russia a woman troop with her dog i busted out bawling and can not get the image out of my head.  i will never speak to my exfriend again yes duane please go to russia be with putin. so also said pres zen trying to do a prisoner swap with them oh god please let that happen get that dog out too.

got to get groceries soon and feed the dogs cats before i go

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A2055D5A4B26?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #24948 on: May 19, 2022, 10:19:27 AM »

6:10 again.  Seems like my time is always the same lately. within a few seconds. Thanks for being here with the puzzle Cal.
Turkey is not very popular this morning. 
Got up at 4:30.  Went to bed too early I guess.
Took umbrella for a walk again this morning between rainy periods.  Very nice and cool for walking.  Even had a light jacket on and no sweating.  Now it is a little warmer. 67 at 11:10 am.  I will take another walk later without jacket and umbrella. It is good to be able to walk again.  I take Joan's cane, but could do without it I think.  Lower back still hurts a little while walking, but I think that will toughen up and quit hurting soon.
My Eastside cousin, Ken, visited me most of last Thursday.  We went to Joan's grave and to lunch.  Today he called from the VA hospital to tell me he has Covid. He sounded very congested.  I have been feeling ok, so I think he got it later. I told Mary and Debbie.  Mary said her group of three are ok.  So not to worry.  Did not hear from Debbie yet.
Gonna have a bowl of that good French's Chili-o very soon.  Then take a walk around the block which is about half a mile.
So long for now EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #24949 on: May 19, 2022, 11:56:04 AM »

hi joho turkey blackmailing nato looks like putin not the only one saying they cant join nato. now other nato countries may think hmmm what can i get for this nato should of written a clause in that treaty rotten people all over. turkey is a pain too bad cant kick them out. yesterday afternoon no penny i called and called got my cane went out in the dogs yard no penny came in went out front door here she comes running. crud got out. so did not yell just get in penny talking nice you pain in the a** she is wagging her big tail. so i got down on my hands and knee with my little claw hammer went all around the fence.tall huge weeds against the fence clearing it out finding two strands of electric fence some white stakes laying down grass stuff grown over it some big patio blocks laying over it one just missing had to pull them stakes up reset it was hot long ordeal but got it done then came in most of deck gate across i had jim do that when boo had his surgery put down huge rug on deck so up the ramp onto rug in the house left it cause good for grizzie and dont want these nutty girls all over the deck. so plug for electric fence inside closed off area but we have another door that goes out there. never used it i moved all my kitchen chairs moved big run i had for my little raccoonie finally got that door open gee plugged it in okay just penny brownie go out not griz or cali they go out pee want right back in. so come in unplugged it put chairs stuff back i can only plug that in without griz or cali i never saw a spot that was mashed down dont know where she went out may of climbed the fence i dont know but plugged in will hear some screamin so today i go to the barn get out hay for pearl sweets front door sticks out some cause of hay against it see big long black snake tail  :( i had my trash can near no lid but cardboard flat piece my cane i grabbed its tail yank it out it was pissed open mouth i threw it in trash can put lid on but it got part way out now really pissed looked back tried to strike me trash can fell over on floor so i used my cane herded it back in waving my cane around the front trying to reach that cardboard. pearl where is my hay? maybe cat watching i got that trash can upright and cardboard over top. two steps drag got it out the door and long ways long ways all down driveway move can up step step repeat over and over got it all the way down there tall grass driveway goes over big pipe some water shade i dropped the can took cardboard in case to shoo it but it was a good snake came out did look back at me got in tall grass then i had to use that trash can to get all the way back up move it two steps it was hot i said please god help me and clouds covered sun thanks! so now im on a break but gotta go to the barn feed pearl her hay. put some go away snake stuff around part of outside of the barn plenty inside maybe justin will come over tomorrow when jim is back and help me do that in the back part. gb ukraine
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #24950 on: May 19, 2022, 05:28:35 PM »

4:01 on dog laying down im going to lay down now too! watching the real mccoys never seen it before i know the people in it pretty good.

calhound

« Reply #24951 on: May 20, 2022, 05:33:48 AM »

hi you guys its 73 here lighting in the sky i forgot my bucket of dog food for the raccoonies in the barn so after i cleaned up after pearl and fed her sweets maybe had to come all the way back in and back out griz is barking

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E4055D50A40E?z=0

GB Ukraine!

johoward

« Reply #24952 on: May 20, 2022, 07:58:44 AM »

lost a 30 minute message. Darn!  It was all about my feet and trying to get back on them for longer and longer walks.  I have three pair of diabetic shoes that don't work yet.
 So will say Hi and Bye.  Need prayers for cousin Ken with Covid in Rome, Ohio.
GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #24953 on: May 20, 2022, 01:33:38 PM »

https://youtu.be/WjyrcVHmt9U

hi joho prayers for cousin ken

calihoula

« Reply #24954 on: May 20, 2022, 03:14:06 PM »

2:50 beautiful mexican eagle

johoward

« Reply #24955 on: May 20, 2022, 05:35:54 PM »

Gaylord MI had a bad tornado at 4 today.  Snowman looks to be OK.  His address is Gaylord.
Thanks Cal for Ukrine pics.  Looks like they are good at using modern weapons.  Glad I am not in any war.  How awful.
GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #24956 on: May 21, 2022, 12:59:32 AM »

Dog Snooze   38:31       mid 90s high today.  Sunny, and a nice breeze.  Two angels showed up today and got my cooler going.  Feels good to be cool.  😊🌵

Prayers being said for your cousin, Joho.

My grandson, Nathaniel hasn't bothered to be in touch for several years, and now he wants to visit us.  My daughter asked if he'd had his Covid shots and he said no, so he was told to get his shots and come and visit then.  I really like this kid too, but ...  I won't knowingly take that risk.

Anyone got some spare rain to send this way? 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #24957 on: May 21, 2022, 05:31:06 AM »

hi you guys my cat is front of this monitor so typing slow oh he moved a bit he is getting a drink. i did not really read the update i do not like family break ups at all. enough sadness in the world.

Hi Joho i hope that rand paul saw that video so worried that ukraine not using the money for weapons delayed it. i cant stand him and for you too duane see they must of used it weapons just like they asked for from the beginning pres zen said he did not need a ride he needed weapons. these people are brave loyal and honest nato should be so lucky to have them but now everyone has to go thru turkey to get in. or some other country. hope your cousin is better.

Hi Neva i saw on the weather channel colorado getting slammed with snow. lighting in the sky it is 54 here rain on an off all day and i would love to send it to you. saw how hot it is for you and my cousin janice in tx you bet your grand needs to be vaccinated first and if that is too much trouble then oh well. you can risk that. duane did tell me one of our school friends died in feb from covid so i googled bill and what a shame too he had 6 children 7 grands his wife called them the seven wonders of the world. he loved animals donated to reading programs for native americans retired from his own remodeling business drove race cars at 1,70 speedway and lakeside i bet my dad knew of him racing and all  he served in marines and was proud of his service loved his country he was always nice in school.  jim is home and dogs barking gotta go really happy your house is cool again!!!

GB Ukraine

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/36055D53B8B1?z=0

johoward

« Reply #24958 on: May 21, 2022, 11:48:38 AM »

6:47 again.  Oh well.  It is a hot one today for me. 84 at 12:45. Rain coming later. Good to hear Neva is cooler today.
Boss is visiting for the first time by himself.  Debbie has gone to a fund raiser car show.  Her best friend's brother is suffering from cancer and needs all sorts of help including prayers. His name is Bruce.  The same as my brother and my Dad.
 Boss had a bath this morning at 7:30.  A neighbor lady called Debbie to offer her services to bathe Boss.  So deb went over.  Was a good experience.  The husband brought out their boxer unannounced  after Boss was done.  They had a decent meet and greet.  This was much to Debbie's surprise.  She was proud of how Boss behaved.
Now he is laying by my side waiting patiently for Debbie to return.  Will probably be another hour or so.  I will have to go make my lunch now.  So I will say so long and may the good Lord take a liken to ya.  GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #24959 on: May 21, 2022, 12:02:41 PM »

hi joho! babysitting your granddog what are making him for lunch? prayers for bruce preakness horse race on today. jim home he is out mowing i mowed yesterday watching last night blacklist it is so intense!