Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602525 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24930 on: May 15, 2022, 04:40:07 PM »

Totem ...  28+      104°   (2:14 pm)   small breeze, bright sun ... I think I'll stay inside.     2% humidity
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:48:23 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #24931 on: May 16, 2022, 05:25:48 AM »

https://youtu.be/H2cm0mtOAmI

hi you guys its 53 here and full moon and stars. i read some of the comments on putins boat kablooey like number 9 too bad he was not on it  :) dogs howling in the kitchen but jim is gone so howl away. pearl was sick on sat very upsetting i spent most the day and night with her i thought she was acting like she has some worms again i was suppose to worm her in two weeks so went and ahead and did it takes 48 hours and next day she was better and this morning she is very good. so i am going to do that once a month from on also yesterday since it has been so hot a big long black snake in the barn i was looking all over the garage for that snake away could not find it went back in the barn said it should be out here and i found it put all around the inside of the barn really smells and snakes can smell really good. did not see it this morning and mice and birds are out again. so heading to feed store to get more and other stuff.

Hi Neva! yes stay inside way too hot. i had to give pearl an extra fan she was really hot sat. got all the fans going in the barn and ac.

Hi Joho whats you doin?

GB Ukraine!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A5055D5158C5?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #24932 on: May 16, 2022, 09:37:28 AM »

6:23 rainy here and 56 at 10:23.
Not much going on some walking between rain drops.  Electric went out at supper time.  So I took of looking for an open restaurant in N. Eaton and Litchfield.  No luck. I wound up in Wellington at Dimitiri's Corner.  Was good.  I have been there before, and liked it. Had country fried steak with corn and mashed potatoes.  So I had a nice ride and good supper then home.  Stopped at Carlisle Reservation on my way.
Electric was on when I got home, but I had to redo my electric garage door hook up.  Was a little challenging, but I got it on the third try.  House was hot so I opened up all the windows and cooled it down so I could sleep.  Which I did very well thank you.  Did not get up until 8.  It was raining most of the night and in the morning.  Good sleeping weather.
Had some cereal and coffee.  Now catching you up for this morning.  Looked at lots of cams.  Saw happy animals and even saw two men wading out into the Mississippi Headwaters fishing.
Not sure whet all I will do today, but for now I will say good bye, good luck, and may the good Lord take a liken' to ya.

GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #24933 on: May 16, 2022, 02:24:34 PM »

on the phone for 4:06

hi joho its not nice to not have electric worse if you got pets old dogs old horse so happy we got that generator long ago. i would get frustrated with elec garage door im sure i would just pull that deal go manual. get inside let dogs out let dogs in go check on pearl sweets maybe went to walmart and walked in with cane got a cart lola so happy to see me hugged me where have i been well online groceries she is retiring in sept after 35 years at walmart nice to see her then feed store got lots of snake away stuff get out stay out. unloaded groceries let dogs out let dogs in  :) check barn kids then on my riding mower mowed upper part of pasture where horses are buried mowed a long run up in pasture along row of trees then down to the pond gate so those animals have a path there mower spitting up oh oh got it back to garage hit my opener got it in yep very little gas left came in let dogs  :) fed them on a break then feed mom cats etc

hi neva!

gb ukraine
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #24934 on: May 16, 2022, 08:25:15 PM »

Nite Phone ...  28:58         99°  (5:37)   Bright sun, no clouds, and a mild breeze.  Can't wait 'til Thursday, a guy is coming out to look at the cooler.  It most probably needs a new motor and/or a switch.  The rest of it seems in good shape.

Hi Cal, It's nice that you mow a path for the various animal to use, that cut through your property.  You got a lot done.  It is great that you have ponds too.

You ought to see Zoe.  She looks like a sheep that has just been shorn.  Michelle and Bella do that each summer so that Zoe will be cooler.  Thanks for posting the video of Putin's Parade Boat being blown up.   

Hi Joho ...  Your day sounded pretty good.  I wish it would rain here.  That isn't likely to happen until the Monsoon season comes, if it does -- around late July and August. 

GB Ukraine
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #24935 on: May 17, 2022, 05:18:19 AM »

Spring, Bear Foods, Rowdy Raven, and a Hidden Picture - UPDATE May 16, 2022
Aspen from the overview

Spring is coming on big time. More bear foods are emerging, like young Quaking Aspen leaves and Red Maple flowers. Little green plants are popping up, including favorites like clover, dandelion greens, and Large-Leafed Aster. The look from the Overview a mile from here shows the progress. We’re into the time of year when food is everywhere.

Red maple flowers   Aspen
Drama on the deck yesterday showed raven strategy and a face I hadn’t seen before. I had given a nice meat treat to a herring gull while a raven watched from a tree at a distance. I went inside and grabbed my camera in case there was any action. The raven flew close, watched a minute or so from a branch, and leaped into action (photo). The gull fought more viciously than the raven and the raven backed away with wings spread defensively and a look of fear I hadn’t seen before (photo). The feathers that looked so smooth on its head as he flew into action were bristled like I’d never seen.

Raven
Raven leaping into action
Rowdy raven
Rowdy raven
The incident helped explain what I’d seen a couple days earlier. A gull had a treat in the same spot. The raven had come to the same branch but did not attack. It waited for the gull to take off. I wondered why it didn't just move in. Today I found out. It was far safer to go after a flying gull that had its mouth full. The instant the gull took flight the raven was tight behind it and sometimes roughing it up until the gull dropped the prize about 60 feet away and the raven dove down to get it. I don’t know why the raven didn’t wait like that today.

Turkey vulture wings spread
Turkey vulture wings spread
Vulture "lady" enlarged
Vulture "lady" enlarged
In the vulture picture a couple days ago someone spotted a picture of a woman like a painting on its back. I checked. Too real! The tail feathers are her skirt. Her face has eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Amazing. I had to put the picture in again for everyone to see.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24936 on: May 17, 2022, 05:40:56 AM »

hi you guys its 60 here 60 in the barn Raven not a nice way of getting food. sounds like bears have lots of food they can come here and eat all the dandelions here tons of them but little bees like them big hay fields justin sprayed them last week. so no weeds. big storm coming here later tonight 60 mph winds and hail and rain etc so in a bit i am going to take out the extension cord and hook up lights radio and a fan in case power goes out.

Hi Neva! Is your  cooler not working? i hope its gets fix today. too hot to not have cool air flowing. i bet zoe is cooler i would like to do that to penny and brownie but i would get hurt in that process they have ac fans and not panting so i think they are okay putting flea and tick and medicine on penny other day was a chore let me tell you. dog is crazy. when i sat at my kitchen table dog beds all around the table and omg mr kitty just used his litter box whee oh god cat so penny went and laid clear at the other end of kitchen just knew something was up i was on my ipad checking on ukraine she came over got in her bed by me went to sleep i leaned down and put it on her then she woke up and rolled all over the floor rubbing her back. well there goes griz. makes me sad for him to keep barking so better hurry up.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/93055D50CFFF?z=0

GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #24937 on: May 17, 2022, 06:45:14 AM »

6:08 about right for me I guess.  Seems I remember a lot of 6s lately.
Cal, did I miss nap time in your itinerary?
 Neva it is 51 and sunny this morning at 7:30 am.  How can you survive at 90 and no ac? I am uncomfortable at anything near or over 78.  I have not had the AC on yet this year, and I don't remember what setting I used last summer.  I think I will start at 73, and try to leave it alone for a few days.
Today a man will come wash my windows and screens.  He will charge $80.  I am not yet used to someone else doing my work.  Joan taught me to trust some others to do things, but I am still not comfortable with the idea that I can't do something.  This man is very good and reliable.  He has done ours and Debbie's before. I am debating to stay or go.  He likes to get stuff done without much visiting.  So I am leaning towards taking a ride or a walk and leaving him alone.  He is trustworthy and quick.  He has been a neighbor for the last 17 years.
Well time to go get some coffee and cereal so CUL EV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #24938 on: May 17, 2022, 02:01:29 PM »

hi joho! so funny nap time? no nap time for me! if i lay down during the day i am sick. i could not survive in 90 no ac either dogs be whining griz bark bark ac bark bark pearl sweets cant take it either plus now they need their big fans. hope my ac holds ac man gone. i think good price on washing windows and trustworthy if so let him be. i use to not want help but now like online groceries at walmart big help for me jim wanted me to mow front side and i did not mow today tons of stuff to do and he can do that this weekend! i still got tons to do hope not a huge storm tonight but it hot humid and calling for a bad one. my ac on 70 with fans going dogs will be upset anything over that. in winter heat on 68 im sad an old school friend of mine i use to date him way way way back stayed friends email here and there i told him ukraine changed my life how horrible putin is he said our gov doesnt tell both sides   what anyway he went on taking putin side i told him jim said he didnt see how anyone could take putins side i did not really know someone who did but now i do he said two sides so i believe taking a long break from him

and GB Ukraine!

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #24939 on: May 17, 2022, 02:05:40 PM »

3:17 on trees

johoward

« Reply #24940 on: May 17, 2022, 02:14:06 PM »

How could anyone with functional eyes and ears think Putin even has a "side"?  Yes a long break is indicated.

GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #24941 on: May 17, 2022, 02:21:53 PM »

Window man just left.  He was in a hurry to get to his another window job, and after that would go to his regular job for the night shift. 
He did excellent work on my house.   He also told me he has a bachelor's degree in finance.  I need to find out what his regular job is.   I like him.

calihoula

« Reply #24942 on: May 17, 2022, 02:57:32 PM »

hi joho done feeding dogs cats now barn again in a minute hook up lights radio fan got extension cord out there so at least if it hits at one am she will only have a minute then her stuff will be on but i will take my big search flashlight and get to the barn check but it might be a challenge for me if 60 mph big hail heavy rain.a minute is a long time to be afraid so i will try to hurry with my walker i know her stuff will come right back on. i hate this weather yes joho how can anyone with eyes and ears thinks putin even has a side i cant be friends with someone that thinks that. he maybe should move to russia yay your windows all done and good job! man sounds like a very hard worker! :)

calhound

« Reply #24943 on: May 18, 2022, 05:13:49 AM »

hi you guys its 65 not raining at the moment it did rain overnight but no big high wind or hail. i did not hook up the barn i left the cord out there in case but weather was playing it down last night. so happy  did not get that. wish those fires in NM would get this rain

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E3055D54C2D8?z=0

griz barking and penny growling at him for barking hang on..got on penny big time not going to start having that!! >:(

GB  Ukraine!

johoward

« Reply #24944 on: May 18, 2022, 11:18:36 AM »

5:17 rain gentle and cool 55 about.  went for walk with umbrella.  did not use it.  washed car windows.  put on kettle of French's chili o thank you all. last one though. Be done in 20 minutes or sooner.  It is on timer.  I got up early today so breakfast has worn off.
 Got a nice free car wash yesterday so I don't want to run around in  the rain toady.  Do not need or want anything so I will tv and puter today.  Take a nice long look at cams, and of course give you all a nice long chat here. LOL
I guess the steel plant has fallen into Putin's hand.  Too bad.  After the brave struggle we heard of I really hoped Ukraine would make it.  I am sorry, but proud of their attempts. to hold out so long.  Just remarkable.  Come o0n Putin listen to the free world.  We really are a better life for your people.  That is why the Ukraine is holding out so strongly.  They know freedom is better.  GB Ukraine and GBU all.