Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 628784 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #24240 on: December 04, 2021, 07:10:40 PM »

Happy Birthday, Joho ...

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #24241 on: December 05, 2021, 05:37:52 AM »

hi you guys its i dont know temp its 51 in the barn i had a good day yesterday happy it is now today. no raccoonies in the barn but saw many on the sidewalk around 11 pm and earlier mom and two kids possum were eating they got the extra treats twinkies etc so i was happy about that i put out more food lots of food in the barn too this morning all of it gone.

Hi joho! congrats on a new family member for you next spring! good debbie is okay and i hope you enjoyed your dinner with them i am sure you did. wow bear course filled up so happy for dr rogers he does say hurry courses fill up fast.

Hi Rues! thanks again for bd wishes!

hi neva! thank you too and joho too!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/87055D5004EB?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24242 on: December 06, 2021, 05:39:41 AM »

First Big Snow - UPDATE December 5, 2021
Red Fox in snow
Red Fox in snow

The forecast was for 5 to 8 inches, which includes the depth the red fox is showing, but it is still snowing. Charlie and Jane see this same fox and say it is a female. I’m glad I didn’t try to name her yet. I hadn’t seen her for a couple days and learned she has been at Charlie and Jane’s where they cook and debone chicken and serve it warm. There, the fox often says “No thank you” to bologna. Trying to keep up with the Jones, so to speak, I served a mix of mice, mini blueberry muffins, and rib eye. The fox liked it all and was here twice. I can’t serve rib eye all the time, though.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #24243 on: December 06, 2021, 05:45:36 AM »

hi you guys its 28 here one raccoonie in the barn its 51 in there. that fox is being taken care of food wise. Nice of people to do that.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E5055D5A0AF5?z=0

johoward

« Reply #24244 on: December 06, 2021, 11:15:55 AM »

Wow EV1,  Look what Neva put up for me.  We will all share that .  It is looking like a new favorite for me.  I even imagine I can taste it, and my mouth is watering.
GTG to Meijer soon good red grapes for only 99  cents a pound, and other good deals too.   I get several pounds of grapes and clean pluck and freeze them in bags bowls etc.  Then every morning I take a few and put them in my cereal.  Very nice crunchy cold treat.
 I used to think they were out of my league which is usually Drugmart, Walmart, and Aldi's, but Meijer has great sales. Today they have 99cent grapes, 1$ Campbells, 5 for 5 frozen dinners,  5 for 10 frozen dinners, And 2 for one Green Giant Steamers.
So thanks again EV1.  It is just so nice to be able to pop in here and see you all any time.  Just so nice.  God Bless

johoward

« Reply #24245 on: December 06, 2021, 01:36:50 PM »

I did do the santa puzzle, but forgot my time Sorry.  Keep em coming Cal.
36 degrees with high wind warnings.  No rain or snow yet.  Guess it is on the way with the looks of bear and snowman cams. By for now GB

calhound

« Reply #24246 on: December 07, 2021, 05:21:28 AM »

calhound

« Reply #24247 on: December 07, 2021, 05:34:39 AM »

hi you guys its 22 here feels like i think they said 17 one cat in the barn. its 52 in the barn. i did not put on my coat but it was nice when i got in the barn this computer is so slow my possums came at 5:30 last night came early good i had all the stuff down i woke up at 9:30 pm looked out the window did not see anyone treats all gone but still lots of dog food out. this morning dog food still out there no one came and ate it i had put lots in the barn too all of it the warm was gone all the water bowls empty too.

hi joho! so funny you and that cake neva gave you! i dont think i know anyone who loves food more than you except my dogs. i went to harps yesterday morning like your meijer but they too have good sales and they have a mark down basket of fruit and stuff i got pearl real apples bag for 1 dollar i also went by mcdonalds and got her an apple fritter and cinnamon roll her and sweets love those i got a bag of tomatoes those on the vine 1 dollar and by the milk another mark down cart with cinnamon bread hamburger buns fancy ones and bread for .79 cents a piece had my pop 4 for 10.00 and they have little debbie stuff lots of stuff that walmart is out of. so nice to have it too not a big store so not so much walking for me i got walmart stuff online picked it up that is so nice too load it up for me. Yes very nice to some here and see you guys! we are lucky to have each other. god bless

Hi Neva! thanks for joho cake he is sharing it! :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/46055D4EACB2?z=0

calhound

« Reply #24248 on: December 07, 2021, 05:44:43 AM »

neva

« Reply #24249 on: December 07, 2021, 04:37:30 PM »

Snowmen ...  19:22                                    73° and somewhat cloudy, off and on.

I love your cartoons, Cal ... so does Michelle.  Thanks.

I looked around and there are some great looking Vegan cakes out there.  I'd love to try this one.

For Cal

(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #24250 on: December 07, 2021, 05:11:25 PM »

5:17 Happy Holidays,

Hi ev1,  Yes Cal I do like food. I like it , because it is the only thing everyone has in common.  I can talk about it without fear of offending.  We all like different kinds of food, but we all like food.  Ya gotta eat!  Talking about shopping also strikes a common chord amongst us.  Old and young alike.  I also love people , animals and life in general.  I find though that even talking about life sometimes causes conflict.  Safer to talk about food where everyone knows they are free to have their own favorites and dislikes as well to enjoy.  You know even when it comes to animals which we all love there are cat people and dog people etc.  May even be some snake and rat people out there.  Never know. Sooo food it is and of course the weather. LOL
By for now you wont believe it, but I am getting hungry again.  Every day the same thing happens around 6 or 7.  I just start thinking of food and what it will be today.  KFC or BK or Stouffers or McDs  or Blue Sky or Cracker Barrel(Joan's favorite BTW) or Arby's or maybe just hot ham and cheese from the fridge.
So now you all know why I talk about food a lot to be safe.  God Bless us all and please protect us from the pandemic.

neva

« Reply #24251 on: December 07, 2021, 06:15:40 PM »

I absolutely understand that, Joho.  In the past few years, people have gotten so confrontational to the point of actual violence, and I sometimes think I had just as well stay home, or present myself in a neutral way ... it is hard to know what will set some people off.  Everything has become so political.  Sometimes I wish I had a time machine and could go back to a better time ... but, we don't get to do that, and must deal with it.  So ... talking about the foods that we like is a good thing too.  We have a Cracker Barrel Restaurant way across town and I'd love to go one of these days ... with the girls.  I still worry about eating in a restaurant.  We also have a Buffet called the Golden Corral, and I am missing that too ... their fried Catfish, specifically.  I get my Booster shot on the 14th.  Maybe soon.  We sure are living in strange times.    jmo.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #24252 on: December 08, 2021, 05:20:31 AM »

Frolicking Fox Day - UPDATE December 7, 2021
Fox Pouncing
Fox Pouncing
Fox finding food
Fox finding food
Red Fox
Red Fox
Today, the fox had fun. I’ve never seen such frolicking. On a whim, it would race off in one direction or another and then sit or stand looking around. It leaped in the air as if pouncing on a mouse and land burying its head in the snow. Sometimes it would come up with something, but I couldn’t tell what—maybe a live mouse, maybe a cached mouse, or something else.

Red fox and deer
Red fox and deer
It showed me why it wasn’t always interested in bologna. In taste tests, it picked mini blueberry muffins over bologna. It picked rice crispy bars over bologna. And it picked the muffins over the bars. It buried each treat nicely, quickly pawing a hole in the fresh snow placing the treat into it, and then using its nose to push the snow back into the hole. The picture shows the fox’s face covered with snow afterward.

Deer buck
Deer buck
It interacted with the deer. Sometimes they stood and looked at each other. Sometimes a doe would aggressively approach the fox and it would run off only to return. Sometimes the fox rushed the deer and the deer would run. The picture is of a standoff with the fox calmly watching as the agitated mother deer stood with her tail raised and all her tail hairs bristling.

Sometimes the fox rested curled in the snow.

After dark, a new set of eyes in the night came. It was a young 6-point buck I haven’t seen before.

A nice day with excitement punctuating my desk work.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #24253 on: December 08, 2021, 06:02:02 AM »

hi you guys its 28 here 51 in the barn one cat. i sure do wish that cat would move on worry about my birds and mice. no more cats in this house i am overwhelmed with all my chores now. when i went to the barn earlier i heard like a crying out pitch dark went in and did my chores came out and heard coyote howling close by. so maybe i heard that. will go look when it gets light out and do pearls meds. i put out dog fud and treats and mom possum came then the kids mom went around and ate all the treats kids found a few cookies they ate the dry dog food not all of it and got a big drink i looked again later and they were gone all food in the barn gone raccoonies took care of that they are eating where it is warm.

hi joho! i always like you talking about food like you talking about stuff period i know cant say anything anymore. always someone who will not like it. being mean to an animal i will not tolerate just will not will say something everytime about that. dont like hunters but i do not look for stuff like some people do. i love this thread everyone loves animals kind too. love the cams just nice place to be here. my grandmother loved the cracker barrel and remember jp did too when he and raymond went to miami for eyeball shot they ate there.

hi neva! thanks for saying you and michelle like my cartoons i was wondering if they were maybe too much. no stuff not like the good old days at all. not at all. i have not gone in somewhere and ate for 2 years now. but by jims dad is a golden corral and we have ate there and it was good too i had my pick of all kinds of stuff when my cousin janice came back few years old i went to see her in kansas they have one took her there.  your vegan cake looks so GOOD!! I mean yum! lots of shortening have like animal fat in it so not vegan. my friend pat at walmart i call her vegan told me that she is a vegan too  i have ate some cake not vegan cake but very little. then i am sorry i ate it. good you will be getting your booster i watch the world news at 3 am dogs all sleeping and i watch it from bed new virus may get a booster for it maybe not i am like where are these new ones coming from old days we had stuff but not like this. and manatees are starving cause of mankind sewage blocking sun from their food and they are vegans trouble with china trouble with russia i just get up and start my day. i hope that fox is not pouncing on a poor mouse. jim said we got a red fox down by his shop it drinks out of the pond by it other pond is at the end of the horse pasture.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/70055D4EAEA0?z=0

calhound

« Reply #24254 on: December 08, 2021, 06:28:15 AM »