Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 603663 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23925 on: September 30, 2021, 09:23:43 AM »

3:53 on skydiving something else i would never do

hi joho i was hoping your bp was better hope you talk to someone at your dr office! maybe dr can give you something for pain nerve pills something to help you. try to not aggravated your pain areas.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #23926 on: September 30, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »

DR. doubled my Toprol from 50 to 100mg.  Started today.  Have cuff will monitor frequently.  Right now very sleepy.  CUL GB
PS I have a story for you about paying it forward.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23927 on: October 01, 2021, 05:18:47 AM »

hi you guys its 66 here we sold what was my moms mobile home down at the lake well jim doing it this morning been a job getting out stuff and doing that

hi joho! well i hope this helps your bp and dont forget you story.

hi neva! trees here really losing their leaves no big fall colors here they think cause of heat and no rain. now its oct!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8A055D5057F1?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23928 on: October 01, 2021, 12:56:03 PM »

6:17 not too bad.  Got to go to Columbia Station for lunch at 4Keys now. For "The rest of the story."  Hope they are open.  Sometimes they close at 2PM.   cul GB Ev 1.

johoward

« Reply #23929 on: October 01, 2021, 05:46:06 PM »

Hi ev1,
I did get a nice dinner at 4 Keys, but the waitress I hoped to see was not there.  I will tell you why I wanted to see her.
  Last night I stopped in there and had a nice $15 rib dinner.  When i took the check up to pay it I found I had only a few singles in my wallet, and could not pay it.  A lady nearby said, " don't worry I will pay your bill.  You just go on home."  Well all I could do was thank her, and give the waitress the few dollars I had as a tip.  This was very nice of the lady.
The thing is, last week I had given this same waitress enough money to pay for my bill as well as a gentleman who had come in after me.  She remembered it, and said, "see this is God's plan in action.  You gave and now you get".
Paying It Forward works.
CUL Time for more to eat.  Seems like I am always eating.
May God help all those who are suffering tonight.

calhound

« Reply #23930 on: October 02, 2021, 04:36:07 AM »

To Feed or Not to Feed - UPDATE October 1, 2021
June 8-5-13The photo is of June—the bear that showed us more about black bear life in good times and not so good times than did any other bear. I wish she were still here to walk with and learn how bears live in times of extremely scarce natural food these past two years.
In this time of debate about feeding, I’m reminded of the many misconceptions about this topic.

Wildlife Research Institute

To Feed or Not to Feed
Consequences of feeding black bears?

Feeding bears is one of the least studied aspects of bear biology. As a result, many of the beliefs about it have little or no scientific foundation. Here is a list of statements (in italics) that were handed out to residents of Eagles Nest Community as gospel by a wildlife official in September 2007. Some of the statements may be true from time to time, but none typify black bear behavior. The bulleted information is from actual research—either cited from other sources or from our own research. However, a caveat is that the last two years (2020 and 2021) have produced such extreme drought and scarce berries and hazelnuts that we are seeing more bears that ever in our studies. Some ore familiar bears taking advantage of diversionary feeding sites that keep them out of trouble in times of food scarcity. These include some of the oldest bears in Minnesota. But this year we are also seeing bears we never saw before as bears are driven out of large areas by fire and smoke. Some of these are coughing up blood and thick flehm that we believe is from smoke inhalation. Feeding these bears has allowed us to see them recover. Some of the bears are skinny from the lack of food. Skinny mothers that appeared here did not appear to be producing much milk and had unusually small cubs. Feeding them allowed us to see the mother produce more milk and the cubs grow into healthy youngsters. The drought and scarce food situation extends far up into Canada. Bears that face scarce food travel much farther than usual, and some of them are likely the skittish newcomers that we are seeing here in this time when Minnesota’s own population is at a recent low. The latest DNR estimate is only 10,000 to 12,000 in the state compared to 20,000 to 25,000 a couple decades ago. At the same time more bears are coming out of the woods due to hunger, making bear numbers appear to be high. In this time of hunger, hungry bears are traveling from one diversionary feeding site to another and mostly staying out of trouble as they pass through people’s yards. Numbers have waned now as bears have gained weight and slowed down as they approach hibernation.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23931 on: October 02, 2021, 04:42:44 AM »

hi you guys its 63 here i could not post the whole update way too long it said so later i will try to post the rest of it. broke my heart to see june and that dang collar on that ended up taking her life.  :(

hi joho loved your story yes very nice lady but there are still really nice people out there. still a nice world. that is scary to not have enough money to pay for your food i would of paniced. i always check my money before i go in the feed store or harps or drive thru at mcdonalds course there you can drive off.i have an er 100.00 bill stashed in my billfold.i got to pick up groceries and go by the feed store and get gas so i best get moving.

hi neva! :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D9055D53E05D?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23932 on: October 02, 2021, 09:15:14 AM »

6:18 border collie likes the snow. 
Nothing new to report.  61 degrees at 10:06.  Going to 78 at 3pm.
  Debbie is on a "pack walk" with Boss now.  They have about 40 or 50 dogs walking and doing exercises of near passing , sit, stay, etc for an hour or two.  Lots of socialization of the animals.  Lots of exercise for all involved, and in a beautiful setting around a large lake called South Central Park in North Ridgeville Ohio.
He is a smart dog , and is learning to be well behaved.  She is learning dog training and patience.
I am proud of them both.

CUL EV1 GB

calihoula

« Reply #23933 on: October 02, 2021, 12:52:06 PM »

3:50 border collie my dogs love the snow too i was going to ask you neva if maddie rose did but she probably saw little snow or did she? joho does boss like snow? my dogs are digging huge holes in the dog yard last time i mowed i saw many moles tunnels cali like a rat terrier she is not a rat terr but likes to get small animals it makes me mad jim went out there yelling tims cows goats horses dogs looked over who is that big mouth? dogs ran back in the house that is the extent of dog training class here.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #23934 on: October 02, 2021, 06:16:57 PM »

Border Collie in snow --  25:40

No, Maddie never saw much snow, but the little that she did see, she liked ... just like my grandkids when they were kids.  I don't miss snow, had plenty of it in Massachusetts.  I'm glad to be out here in the desert.

I had a Boxer back there that loved running in the snow.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #23935 on: October 03, 2021, 05:04:38 AM »

calhound

« Reply #23936 on: October 03, 2021, 05:11:10 AM »

hi you guys its 62 and clear here.

hi neva oh maddie did like a little snow! i know you love the desert i bet tons of snow in mass. but what pretty country there too. my mom loved living in vegas but she loved me more and moved back here. im so happy she did that. love your little javelina sign  :) so cute i will have to google that. oh man 6 more weeks of summer i would be sad my tvs will be leaving soon i will miss scout but i am ready for winter my hummers already hit the road hope they will be okay in their travels.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/58055D4BDC8E?z=0
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 05:14:41 AM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #23937 on: October 03, 2021, 12:04:44 PM »

7:27 I love baby rhinos.  I see them on zoo shows now and then.
Boss has not seen snow at Debbie's yet.  So I don't know what he thinks of it.  He does not like to get his feet wet.  I know that.  He went with Debbie on another pack walk yesterday.  He is at 39 to 40 seconds.  So handsome.  I will try to email the link to Cal so you can see him.  I don't know how to do it on here.
Nice rain last evening and into the night.  Very nice out now 72 degrees and cloudy.  Browns are on tv I think .  Have to go check.  May be gone a while. 
So I will say thanks for being here ev1 and GB.

calihoula

« Reply #23938 on: October 03, 2021, 01:52:33 PM »

hi joho watching chiefs and eagles chiefs 21 eagles 13 second half just now starting. i will see what brownies are doing tonight it is old goat brady against his former cheater coach! i love baby rhinos too love rhinos period i saw a video i think i still have it over in africa i think this man driving his safari jeep too close to a rhino rhino mad hit the jeep over and over i laughed till i was crying man was okay jeep not okay he got out got in rescue jeep. oh sh** intercepted patrick! i got free NFL package went to browns @ viking oh yay brownies winning 11-7 go browns! yay just sacked QB  :)

calihoula

« Reply #23939 on: October 03, 2021, 01:52:55 PM »

joho is your bp better?