Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602349 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23910 on: September 26, 2021, 11:12:21 AM »

Happy Birthday JP

hi joho you did good on puzzles and your mri hope dr can help you you are walking thru all kinds of terrain good but be careful i never heard of daughter day either seems now something almost every day. back when i was a kid birthday was the special me day reg holidays which always special i told you jim said five guys way too high. hope you hear from mary! i will have to check my sunday football ticket that is free see who brownies play today go browns! gb
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23911 on: September 26, 2021, 01:39:07 PM »

hi joho well chiefs playing lousy i did chores came in my room with the dogs saw browns winning :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #23912 on: September 27, 2021, 05:47:41 AM »

No update - all is well. LM

hi you guys chiefs lost but worse coach reid taken to the hospital by ambulance he got dehydrated and was feeling ill he is doing well and resting i think still in the hospital but will be okay.  :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AB055D5926FC?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23913 on: September 27, 2021, 11:14:38 AM »

Hi ev1,
Yes Mary is home and sleeping in her new house finally.  I am glad.  I did walk about a long way through the woods and bean fields on Saturday.  Took Sunday off.  My young friend and guide, Billy, asked for the day off.  I was glad.   Still very sore today, but I am here.
Took 6:12 0n Buckeyes.
 Chiefs will do better next time.  Lots of good close games yesterday, but it was almost too much football for me for one day.  I started to lose track of who was playing.  This was partly due to watching a great sad ageing story called, "Elizabeth Is Missing" on PBS at the same time.  Very well done.
 I did sleep ion until 9 this morning.  Well rested now.
Beautiful day again.  75  sunny at 12:13
GTG OUT SOON.    So CUL EV1 GB

calhound

« Reply #23914 on: September 27, 2021, 02:41:03 PM »

Bear News – September 27, 2021
Denning activity, Lucky and Holly interact, round Tasha.

Bear fact: Did you know a bear’s front paws are flexible enough to grasp fruit or leaves and their claws are non-retractable, used for digging, climbing and ripping open logs to get larvae.

Ted's Retirement Anniversary
Ted's Retirement Anniversary
Happy First Anniversary to Ted bear. He has been retired for 1 year. In his first year of retirement Ted still visited with over 25,000 guests. That’s quite an accomplishment for a retired bear. He is so loved by his family and fans; if he could talk, he’d send out his gentle woots to everyone.

Lucky

Lucky had a smell-a-thon when he left the bunker on Saturday. Holly must have been on top of the bunker and smelling the spot where the camera went. Lucky had a thorough investigation of the whole area.

He also tried to visit Holly at her den on Sunday. He approached her with gentle woots and tongue clicking. Her response was not so friendly. She bluff charged him and chased him to a large boulder, she then kept him there. He jumped off the rock and she chased him with unwelcome gargling vocalizations. He retreated to the safety of the bunkers.

Holly and Lucky

Holly
Holly continues to show up each day for breakfast or dinner. She is in and out of her chosen den. She has been in the den each morning as the interns call to her to have breakfast.

For those of you who said she’d pick den # 1, you may be right. Den #1 is where she denned last year and it looks like she may use it again for 2021 hibernation. Time will tell when she decides to hibernate for the season. The look in her eyes tells me that it should be soon.

On Thursday Lucky was having treats in the viewing area. Holly approached and chased him to the Pat tree. They vocalized briefly then Holly went to the feeder to eat and Lucky walked off but came back to roll on the ground and swim.

Holly

Lucky
Sweet Tasha is very round. Her shape reminds me of Honey bear. She lumbers into her pen every morning for breakfast and can’t wait to be released again into the main enclosure. On Friday a check in the area near the bunkers revealed a tree had been moved. Is she looking to hibernate in that small den?

Tasha

Tasha
Natasha and I cleaned the raspberry brush away from the entrance to the rock den just in case she dens there. As soon as the leaves begin to fall, I will rake and take bags up to put beside each denning area. It will be their choice to pull the leaves into the den. Ted and

Ted

Lucky will get straw when the weather changes. It’s still September. It doesn’t really matter how we attempt to prepare for the denning season, the bears always have their own plan.

It may be getting old hearing how very much we appreciate all the dry fruit and nut donations but I’ll say it again, thank you. We use the nut and fruit mixtures for our pouch treats, spread inside the large enclosure, and in the drop enrichment feeder. A fruit blend is used during the Behind-the-Scenes tour if one of our guests have an airborne peanut allergy. The dried fruits and nuts are a vital part of the bear’s diets. In advance of you sending more, I will thank you.

Thank you for all you do,
Sr. Bear Keeper, Sharon Herrell
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #23915 on: September 28, 2021, 04:48:31 AM »

No update, all is well. LM

hi you guys its 66 here another hot day then should cool off weatherman said. i hope so almost oct.

Hi joho yay mary is home and safe.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/47055D5ACF05?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23916 on: September 28, 2021, 07:11:48 PM »

7:18 finally got to it.  Lots of medical travels today.  3rd shot at noon back dr at 2 til 3 .  No real news.  I have compressed nerves and need surgery someday at my chosing he said.  I will try to keep on keeping on.  Not sure I can, but I will try.  My legs are better so the back sciatica is bearable most of the time.  Just dont know when it will flare up.  It is severe, but random.  Always bad in the morning for first hour or so.   If I have a cane or walker or cart I can keep going, but on my own I have to stop and grab onto something like a fender or door knob etc.
Enough of that.  Mary is safely home and scheduled my booster for me.  She is a treasure I tell you.
I am getting tired so I will sign off with prayers for all those suffering that they may find relief.  GB

calhound

« Reply #23917 on: September 29, 2021, 05:53:15 AM »

No update - all is well. LM

hi joho its 63 and clear here but rain is coming and for days. boo to that. i use a cane walker scooter cart and when i dont have those i grab on to anything too. getting old no fun and not for sissys that is for sure. mary is a treasure i am waiting for the j and j booster to come out saw on my local news earlier drive thru boosters i would like that had that with the j and j just stayed in the truck. but will go in walmart get my booster. gb

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EA055D4F8974?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23918 on: September 29, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »

6:15 on balloon.  Going to Drugmart now BP is high for last three weeks.  Gonna start monitoring it.  Was 194 after I fell off my bike and went to ER.  Yesterday was 194 when I went for third shot.  It was 165 when I left there to go to the back doctor. t was 152 when I left there.  Now this morning it is 194 again.  W T H  Dr. is closed on Wed.  I will call him tomorrow.  Surgery only cure for compressed nerve he says.  I will do that later after my knees are less painful and more stable.
So CUL will let you know what i get for BP at Drugmart.  I am concerned.
CUL GB

calhound

« Reply #23919 on: September 29, 2021, 12:18:53 PM »

joho i am concerned too! that is high my moms was high like that little higher they would not do her hip surgery till it came down they put something in her iv got it down i was so worried about her mine is 118/58 it was awhile back never been high like yours. good you got your booster and yes wait on surgery till you get this fix for sure and knee is better. let me know

calihoula

« Reply #23920 on: September 29, 2021, 03:27:28 PM »

i had to check all the planes to get here

calihoula

« Reply #23921 on: September 29, 2021, 05:38:17 PM »

3:13 on that balloon that i would never ever ride in!

neva

« Reply #23922 on: September 29, 2021, 06:49:18 PM »

Hot air balloon --  20:01

It looks like it wants to rain, but I kinda doubt that it will.  The weather is changing and what passes for Fall here is around the corner.  I love overcast days, we get way too much sun in Arizona.

I meant to mention, Joho, that my husband, Larry was born in Toledo, and raised in Findlay, Ohio.  His brother, Robert settled in Columbus.  Larry passed three days after his 82nd birthday, in November 2017.

I haven't been to the Supermarket since this Covid business began, and I really should go once in a while, maybe, just to get out.  The only places that I go these days is to medical appointments.  I use a cane, but in the market, the cart is my walker.  I have a balance problem with my lower left leg and left side...   a tingely feeling.  Spend all my time trying to avoid falling.

I really need to move more and exercise more and even have an exercise machine, which I need to use, but don't.  I have no excuse.  That is the reason that I admire you both ... you try.

Funny thing is, my blood pressure is usually good, but it goes up when I go to the Heart doctors office, and down again after I leave.

I just got a new laptop, the old one was driving me crazy ... slowly getting ready to quit.  I got to the point of threatening to put it out in the highway and letting the Semis drive over it.  Usually the laptops would die on their own and take all my pictures and stuff with them, so this time i bought the new one early enough to get my stuff moved over to the new one in time.

Here's one of Maddie.   

« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 01:15:06 AM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #23923 on: September 30, 2021, 06:03:44 AM »

No update tonight. Lynn is fine, bears are fine, he has just been busy and thus tired at night. Rest assured. 🙂 LM

Hi joho i hope your bp is better now! been worried about you let us know.

hi neva! i love maddie rose picture she was something. when i go to richmond take the back way over my little wooden bridge where i throw out cookies over it before i get there farm there they built the road thru their land they did ours too long ago anyway they have a maddie dog and same color i always go real slow over the hill cause the dog lays in the middle of the road all the time makes me mad at the owners should watch out for her lots of crazy people drive down that road. i use a cane for sure have no balance either none i fall alot in the feed store or harps little grocery store cart is my walker too i use a walker to the barn i leave outside by the side door i mom would be able to tell i use it alot its really use was like brand new. we are suppose to get rain sometime today and have it for a few days can hardly wait for cooler temp. larry was from ohio and he passed 3 years ago time goes fast. how did you meet him did you live in ohio too and is robert still here and in ohio? so fall where you are no trees turning color or is there how cool you got a new lap top and in time too i need to replace this desktop here if it just quits big problems for our ac heating business and other stuff. such a chore to do that need to replace this printer too its old too. just got all my stuff done for my lawyer on my sisters burnt to the ground building by that firebug he sent to the insurance place yesterday. i need to work out on my wi fit again try to get some kind of balance but i dont even know where it is and i have no time always have something to do i got a handicap plastic cover deal for my handicap parking deal had to fiddle with it finally figured out how to open it i was telling the dogs why do they make this so hard for handicap people? why dogs they did not know they said feed us.  :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7C055D55EE93?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23924 on: September 30, 2021, 08:38:55 AM »

5:41 Is this parachute better or worse than balloon?
BP still high this morning and at Drugmart yesterday. 
Tried to call doctor yesterday.  Not in on Wed.  Tried to call him again this morning at 9:10.  Not in until 9:30.  I think BP may be elevated due to all the pain I have been having in my knees, and now my spine with the compressed nerve.  I know that Joan's BP would go up when her morphine was wearing off.  They said it was due to pain.  If so then I am doomed.  The pain is not going away any time soon.
Well I see it is after 9:30 so I better get going and do some calling. Feeling about the same as I always do in the morning.  FYI
Nice cool autumn day today.  53 degrees and sunny at 9:30. I will go out somewhere maybe fishing or just trying to ride or walk somewhere.  I love cool days and nights.  Just carry a long sleeve shirt in my car just in case.
CUL EV1 GB