Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 601914 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23850 on: September 13, 2021, 05:40:28 AM »

No update tonight - all is well. LM

hi joho neva its 67 here saw two raccoonies in the barn earlier joho i have been watching tennis the us open here and there past weeks my rafa did not play his foot is bothering him again he hopes to be back next year. saw a couple of new people carlos who ia only 18 and also from spain like rafa so fun to watch kid shocked rank number 3 took him out and when he did he held up one finger i am number one course novak there going for history by winning this but also back rus med he was so good only losing one set thru the whole deal yesterday big final between novak and med and it was on same time as the chiefs i watched tennis jim in the living room watching chiefs. i would switch over but always a commercial hardly any of those in tennis so i stayed with tennis med winning first two sets i was like wow he wins this one he won it but time to do pearl so i went to the barn came back and saw med did win it and getting his trophy so i went in the living room and watched rest of chiefs there was 8 min left browns were ahead but kelce got the td and then first down then intercepted the ball and the browns lost but they played so good and man arrowhead full to the max sea of red.  hi neva i am sure one of your daughers has a dog am i right? driving me crazy!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/09055D53D86F?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #23851 on: September 13, 2021, 10:39:30 AM »

2:51 on surfin dog
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #23852 on: September 13, 2021, 12:38:45 PM »

joho hope you are okay in my office working well goes griz cul gb
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23853 on: September 13, 2021, 02:19:51 PM »

4:19 finally got to it.
Had eye exam this morning.  Was fuzzy for much longer than usual.  The good news is no changes from last year.
Boy what a weekend for my teams.  Ohio State gets beat for first time in a regular season game, and Browns give away a good game to the Chiefs.  Like they need charity right?
Bears are getting ready for winter more each day.  Not much on cams except GSB Falcons.  That cam has a good operator that can track the falcons in flight.  Amazing, as are the views across the river and along the cliffs.  Even the Snowman Cam has only a smattering of wildlife to see, unless you love squirrels. 
Well got some cleaning to do so CUL EV1 GB

neva

« Reply #23854 on: September 13, 2021, 05:05:21 PM »

Hi Cal ...  Yes, Michelle has a Cairn Terrier named 'Zoe' Belle.  I miss Maddy so much, so Zoe is a delight to me.  At my age, I can't get another dog and have the dog outlive me and perhaps be in an unsure situation.   I feel like when you get an animal, you are making promise to that animal that you will be its forever person.

Thanks for the compliment about the youngest two's names.
My kids' names are ...  Susan Elaine, Gabrielle Marie, Timothy John Kelley, Josette Claire and Michelle Renee.

I used to watch tennis a lot, and I don't know why I stopped.   I used to watch the bad boys of tennis, John McEnroe and Andre Agassi and their type ... they actually were fun to watch... and then there was one particular woman that was sooo darned noisy every time she hit the ball, it was exasperating.  A favorite of mine was Gabriella Sabatini from Argentina ... she was a really powerful player.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #23855 on: September 14, 2021, 05:44:46 AM »

Another Quiet and Beautiful Day - UPDATE September 13, 2021
Red maple
Red maple
Red maple
Red maple
On this quiet day, it was time to observe the color—red maples adding their reds and oranges to the beauty of birds and the background greens of aspens and birches.

Trying to explain the lack of hunting pressure this year, we know of hunters refusing to kill bears in this second year in a row of scarce food and potentially high kill rates. We know of a guide who helped protect the future of the population that is his livelihood by offering only 3 hunts this year.

Minnesota DNR statistics in Table 6 of its ‘Status of Minnesota Black Bears 2020’ show that scarce food made hunters’ bait so attractive in 2020 that hunter success rate for this area set an all time record. The kill rate would also have been high this year, further decimating the population. We don’t know what the actual kill will be for this year, but we are glad that it is quieter than we anticipated.

We don’t really know the full explanation, but we are thankful for quiet days. Ant brood should have been abundant in this warm, dry year, but it hasn’t been enough to fatten bears from the reports we have been hearing of very skinny bears in areas without diversionary feeding.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #23856 on: September 14, 2021, 06:02:41 AM »

hi you guys! good another quiet day i tell you hunters who kill a hungry bear baiting them killing them i truly hope a special hell waiting for them. what a crummy lousy person nice to read not all for that. poor wildlife.

hi joho yay your eyes are the same something working good! and ours eyes are so special. chiefs will take charity i know bad for your team all our fans who drove out to arrowhead spent a fortune they were happy. wow i did not know os state i have not watch any college football and little of the chiefs

hi neva! oh neva zoe belle is so darn cute!! so cute! i knew it knew another dog and nice you have a granddog. i feel just like you would never want to leave this earth and leave a dog or any of pets behind. never. pearl be heartbroken and no more medicine for her poor griz bark himself to death i work so hard not getting that covid waiting for the booster staying away from people etc. you do the same. love all your kids name how many did you name how many did larry name? very nice you have your kids and zoe. maddie rose was quite the dog. her baby picture what a darlin. i was just talking to him about john mcenroe he was the mouth alway entertaining yes andre pete sampras you should of watch the usa it was so good new kids were fun to watch and med beating novak novak lost his cool and beating his tennis racquet on the ground right there i said hope you lose. other guys kept his cool thru out. he was great too deserved his win. next time watch tennis with me! now the noisy woman to me and i always turned off the volume was maria shapova russian

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/20055D51B414?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #23857 on: September 14, 2021, 07:30:32 AM »

hi neva getting ready to give pearl her medicine and treats joe comes this morning at ten i forgot on zoe isnt she the same breed as toto on wizard of oz?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #23858 on: September 14, 2021, 11:12:59 AM »

5:14  Nice dog jumping. Like a Cairn.
I agree with Neva.  I too am too old to get a pet.  Will almost surely leave it behind and do not want to do that.  So I will pet Boss and Abby when I can, and give them treats from Drugmart.  I always have some in my car in case I need to get some dog out of the street or somewhere.  You know, A strayed and confused dog.  I keep a leash in the car too for strays.  Sometimes I do not need a leash.  On two occasions I have had strays just jump into my front seat and stay while I drive around looking for their home.  One was a beautiful Shelty and one was a nice beagle.  The beagle jumped into Joan's lap when we were on our way to work.  She was well dressed and just opened her door and called to the dog in the street.  He came wagging his tail up onto her lap.  The thing was, he was an outdoor beagle and had not had a bath in quite a while.  After we found his home we had to go home and change clothes for work. LOL  But he was safe and glad to be home.  The Shelty was dumped in an industrial parking lot where I worked. I called her and she jumped into my front seat at lunch time.  I took her home for lunch.  Then found a new loving foster home with a relative of mine who kept her safe and happy for many years.  We had three Yorkies at that time.
I was going to go to the Wayne County Fair in Wooster Ohio for races today, but got up too late.  So I will go tomorrow.  Today I will do some shopping and get some gas at Sam's.  My young friend Billy gave me some venison yesterday, and the lady across the street came over with some noodles and kielbasa.  So I am really well fed today and tomorrow.  I do need milk though.  So I have to get some today for morning.
It is nice here 83 and sunny at noon. My knees are healing and I don't see any infection in the scrapes.  It is really hard keeping them covered.
Bye for now.  GB

calhound

« Reply #23859 on: September 14, 2021, 01:54:08 PM »

hi joho i am too old for another pet also pearl my last horse sweets last and only goat no more of my moms cats when mom comes get them all i hope no more dogs or cats dumped here. yes you have your grand dogs too. i never carried a leash but always had a lead rope in my car any dog i took in and could not find its home course it became  my dog corey dog for one. miss him. jims sister had a shelty michelob beautiful dog yes. once camping at the lake a poor starving beagle it was starving took it home and my sister susie loved beagles her breed she took him had him many years. someone had to of dump it at the lake  >:(  pearl did good today earlier she was trying to bite sweets when he jumped up in his corner i always say pearl let it go be the bigger person..  in case you missed some of the game highlights https://youtu.be/IIAzwK3IBaw

calhound

« Reply #23860 on: September 14, 2021, 02:01:52 PM »

johoward

« Reply #23861 on: September 14, 2021, 02:05:03 PM »

What?????

johoward

« Reply #23862 on: September 14, 2021, 02:05:56 PM »

Oh Now I see a link thanks.

johoward

« Reply #23863 on: September 14, 2021, 02:08:01 PM »

How smart and so funny too with the little captions.  LOL

calhound

« Reply #23864 on: September 15, 2021, 05:40:38 AM »

No update tonight, and all is well - LM

hi you guys its 60 here and clear had some rain overnight. of course got the dogs yard all mowed which anymore is not so easy for me. we have to go clear over to overland park kansas this afternoon meet with lawyer on final letter to firebugs insurance. hope all that goes okay.

hi joho talk now is moving royal stadium downtown in i think ten years nice where it is now next to arrowhead parking downtown a nightmare and if they move the chiefs too no way. cant just leave something alone that has worked for so long  but maybe they wont do that. lots of people are not for it no fans no big money. that cat was so funny in that video yes lol

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/21055D571CBE?z=0